Falkirk v Stranraer, 30th November 2019

3 hours ago, FalkirkBairn93 said:

Rather comfortably, Linlithgow came at us and raised there game. It’s not as black and white as oh we are league one and they are east of Scotland.

If that’s the mindset then how can we compare us to stenny, despite the fact stenny beat us last year. Thus, that argument is flawed.

Did I say we are the complete package? No. We have several areas we need to develop. Has it been an improvement on the aforementioned games. Yes! Irrespective of their league, we played better against a team that was relishing an attempt to cause a cup upset. Than we have against airdrie, Clyde, and Dumbarton.

They were absolutely terrible.

The game told us nothing about Miller, McCracken or the team. 

Like most of the rest Telfer's been generally disappointing, however, I think we've played our best stuff when he's been on song so I'd go with:

Mutch

Doyle, Toshney, Buchanan.

Miller, Longridge, Gomis, Telfer, Dixon.

Sammon. McManus.

Durnan, McShane, Tidser, McLean, Connolly, McMillan, Bell.

No idea if Miller can play wing back but this is surely the game to try it?

1 hour ago, ShaggerG said:

Like most of the rest Telfer's been generally disappointing, however, I think we've played our best stuff when he's been on song so I'd go with:

Mutch

Sammon. McManus.

Not sure there’s a single aspect of miller’s game we need in our 11 Tbh. Can’t shoot, isn’t fast, isn’t creative. Ok maybe he’s a decent presence in midfield but surely tidser is that plus more? Don’t know how he’s suddenly found himself in contention for the starting 11, he’s done literally nothing in any game so far (apart from lose fatty coyne at a corner v lithgae). Bin. 

1 hour ago, ShaggerG said:

Mutch

Sammon. McManus.

No one thought Dixon could play wing back either !!!

The opposition helped tho, even against Stranraer he won't get that much space. 

It wouldn't surprise me to see the same 11 at Lithgae to start again on Saturday, 

Gary Miller and McCracken were at St Johnstone together, so McCracken will know what's what re Miller

52 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Not sure there’s a single aspect of miller’s game we need in our 11 Tbh. Can’t shoot, isn’t fast, isn’t creative. Ok maybe he’s a decent presence in midfield but surely tidser is that plus more? Don’t know how he’s suddenly found himself in contention for the starting 11, he’s done literally nothing in any game so far (apart from lose fatty coyne at a corner v lithgae). Bin. 

Aye, I get what you're saying but I think I'd rather try Miller at WB and push Doyle back than persist with Durnan at CB TBH. I'd prefer we continued with 5 across the middle too as I think we'll get some scope for success with that in this league. It would have been handy, of course, if McKinnon had signed a couple of WBs though.

Aye, I get what you're saying but I think I'd rather try Miller at WB and push Doyle back than persist with Durnan at CB TBH. I'd prefer we continued with 5 across the middle too as I think we'll get some scope for success with that in this league. It would have been handy, of course, if McKinnon had signed a couple of WBs though.
I dont mind Doyle being RWB, I also dont mind Doyle replacing Durnan* with Miller at RWB, but I do think the whole thing will be let down by LWB as I think Dixon will be fucking howling there.

I say dont mind, because I am unsire how good Doyle would be there, but replacing Durnan somehow is pretty much my #1 hope for the starting 11. I cant stand him.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

I dont mind Doyle being RWB, I also dont mind Doyle replacing Durnan* with Miller at RWB, but I do think the whole thing will be let down by LWB as I think Dixon will be fucking howling there.

I say dont mind, because I am unsire how good Doyle would be there, but replacing Durnan somehow is pretty much my #1 hope for the starting 11. I cant stand him.

If stranraers right side is nothing special you could play longbridge at lwb and dixon at left cb and drop durnan.

12 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Any chance of this being off? Pitch has been pretty good for call offs but has been very mild winters the last couple of years 

None whatsoever. If the players can train on it today then they can play a match on it tomorrow. Daytime temperatures are still above freezing.  

Tbf..., I hardly expected to see Airdrie at the top of this division, nor you guys lost in the dust of East Fife...,

so it's pretty clear that you're just not very good.  

The way it's been with Stranraer this season, it's quite likely in a few weeks time that Forfar, having a bad day,  could put 3 past us..

but I reckon you're there for the taking.

Falkirk 1 Stranraer 2

Edited by beefybake

Not a lot of interest in this thread
See, when you say stuff like this ^^^
Tbf..., I hardly expected to see Airdrie at the top of this division, nor you guys lost in the dust of East Fife...,
so it's pretty clear that you're just not very good.  
The way it's been with Stranraer this season, it's quite likely in a few weeks time that Forfar, having a bad day,  could put 3 past us..
but I reckon you're there for the taking.
Falkirk 1 Stranraer 2
You end up with patter like this ^^^

Based on what was played in front of us.

Were we playing a non league team? Yes. Was there small signs of improvement? Yes, there was more link up play and off the ball movement than has been in recent weeks. Players fighting to get to the ball.

Not saying that we are a million times better but improvement is based on comparison to other. In contrast to the Clyde airdrie and Dumbarton game it was an improvement, or is that beyond you?

You could have been in the dugout and would have won. Impossible to judge based on that opposition. Did I think there was improvement? I just can't judge as they were so poor.

This game will tell more

I would rather throw Miller in the sea - hopeless