Falkirk v Stranraer, 30th November 2019

12 minutes ago, Russ said:

Would rather stick Miller in the back 3 and get Durnan so far to f**k tbh.

Or Miller at RWB and Doyle in the back 3?

Believe he has previous of playing centre back and did it well enough? 

Book me a front row, golden circle seat for any "Get Durnan out the team" events. Absolute fucking diddy.  

This is our first real test for LM and DM. Stranraer will be no push over, especially given their result last weekend against Dunfermline. We need to make home advantage count and be clinical with out chances. I thought we were more clinical on Friday, but, we were still incredibly wasteful at opportunities.

Longridge put in a good shift, but, held on to the ball too long and missed good opportunities to take a shot. McManus, good to see him get a goal, unlucky to have strayed offside for one. But hopefully that gives him confidence going in.

Defensively we still show frailties. I’d like to see more passion from our defenders. Doyle, id like him to be more switched on. Durnan needs to up his game in every respect, Dixon should have a confidence boost from Friday.

We have a long way to go to team stability, but I believe we will be on the right path now.

2-0 Falkirk.

Question for me is do we stick with McManus up front?
His work rate against Linlithgow was not in question but he was wasteful in front of goal.

To be honest you usually post sensible stuff but this one is a shocker!
The guy ran his guts out and caused all sorts of problems for the Rose defence.
Created space for Sammon to thrive on.
The two of them are our best forward options.

To be honest you usually post sensible stuff but this one is a shocker!
The guy ran his guts out and caused all sorts of problems for the Rose defence.
Created space for Sammon to thrive on.
The two of them are our best forward options.

Ach, it was merely stated to get the conversation going. [emoji6]
I agree with Bairnardo’s point about the importance of his running to create space and opportunities.
Still a bit concerned about his ongoing lack of incisiveness though....

Ach, it was merely stated to get the conversation going. [emoji6]
I agree with Bairnardo’s point about the importance of his running to create space and opportunities.
Still a bit concerned about his ongoing lack of incisiveness though....
I hope, based on nothing really, that Miller and McCracken can help him to cut less of a frustrated, raging wee man type figure. Unsure if its just him or if it affects his game but he does do good work and if they can put an arm round him and stress the improtance of the stuff he does do then maybe the goals will come.

Hes not a prolific guy though, so we probably shouldn't beat him with that stick too much.

Hes such a hard guy to like though! The wee fifer scamp that he is

This is our first real test for LM and DM. Stranraer will be no push over, especially given their result last weekend against Dunfermline. We need to make home advantage count and be clinical with out chances. I thought we were more clinical on Friday, but, we were still incredibly wasteful at opportunities.

Longridge put in a good shift, but, held on to the ball too long and missed good opportunities to take a shot. McManus, good to see him get a goal, unlucky to have strayed offside for one. But hopefully that gives him confidence going in.

Defensively we still show frailties. I’d like to see more passion from our defenders. Doyle, id like him to be more switched on. Durnan needs to up his game in every respect, Dixon should have a confidence boost from Friday.

We have a long way to go to team stability, but I believe we will be on the right path now.

2-0 Falkirk.

How anyone can judge we are on the right path after Friday is beyond me. We played as bad a team as I think we ever have done in a competitive match.

We will have a much better idea after the next 3/4 games

How anyone can judge we are on the right path after Friday is beyond me. We played as bad a team as I think we ever have done in a competitive match.

We will have a much better idea after the next 3/4 games

Based on what was played in front of us.

Were we playing a non league team? Yes. Was there small signs of improvement? Yes, there was more link up play and off the ball movement than has been in recent weeks. Players fighting to get to the ball.

Not saying that we are a million times better but improvement is based on comparison to other. In contrast to the Clyde airdrie and Dumbarton game it was an improvement, or is that beyond you?

14 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

I hope, based on nothing really, that Miller and McCracken can help him to cut less of a frustrated, raging wee man type figure. Unsure if its just him or if it affects his game but he does do good work and if they can put an arm round him and stress the improtance of the stuff he does do then maybe the goals will come.

Hes not a prolific guy though, so we probably shouldn't beat him with that stick too much.

Hes such a hard guy to like though! The wee fifer scamp that he is

The guy who has been top scorer in this league and is averaging better than a goal every three starts over his career is "not a prolific guy"?

The guy who has been top scorer in this league and is averaging better than a goal every three starts over his career is "not a prolific guy"?
Well if you look at his last few seasons, yes, hes not prolific. Thats not to say the work he does isnt valuable but by all means show me the last time he had what you would consider to be a prolific return over a season.

1 hour ago, FalkirkBairn93 said:

Not saying that we are a million times better but improvement is based on comparison to other. In contrast to the Clyde airdrie and Dumbarton game it was an improvement, or is that beyond you?

How can you compare playing against Linlithgow to the three teams you mentioned?

Pointless. It is irrelevant how well we played or if there looked like any improvement. 

I actually thought we looked pretty poor considering the opposition.

22 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:

Well if you look at his last few seasons, yes, hes not prolific. Thats not to say the work he does isnt valuable but by all means show me the last time he had what you would consider to be a prolific return over a season.

He was certainly prolific the last time he played at this level when he scored 20 in 32. I had hoped he would again be able to hit those heights now that he's back in league one to be honest.

He was certainly prolific the last time he played at this level when he scored 20 in 32. I had hoped he would again be able to hit those heights now that he's back in league one to be honest.
But that's not a kick in the arse off 5 years ago, and he has never hit those number before or since.

I think my point stands tbh and I think you would hear the same stuff from County and Pars fans. I haven't said he should be out the team if hes not on course for 20 goals in the league. There are plenty of forwards out there for whom goals isn't the main part of their game. It would appear tharlt he is one of them.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

But that's not a kick in the arse off 5 years ago, and he has never hit those number before or since.

I think my point stands tbh and I think you would hear the same stuff from County and Pars fans. I haven't said he should be out the team if hes not on course for 20 goals in the league. There are plenty of forwards out there for whom goals isn't the main part of their game. It would appear tharlt he is one of them.

He hasn't played at this level since then.  I always thought he was a very good league one striker but more of a knock your pan in every week kind of striker at any level above that.  There's a long list of strikers that score for fun at league one level but cant at championship. I was expecting him to get at least 20 again this season.

He hasn't played at this level since then.  I always thought he was a very good league one striker but more of a knock your pan in every week kind of striker at any level above that.  There's a long list of strikers that score for fun at league one level but cant at championship. I was expecting him to get at least 20 again this season.
He might yet. I hope he does obviously.

How can you compare playing against Linlithgow to the three teams you mentioned?
Pointless. It is irrelevant how well we played or if there looked like any improvement. 
I actually thought we looked pretty poor considering the opposition.

Rather comfortably, Linlithgow came at us and raised there game. It’s not as black and white as oh we are league one and they are east of Scotland.

If that’s the mindset then how can we compare us to stenny, despite the fact stenny beat us last year. Thus, that argument is flawed.

Did I say we are the complete package? No. We have several areas we need to develop. Has it been an improvement on the aforementioned games. Yes! Irrespective of their league, we played better against a team that was relishing an attempt to cause a cup upset. Than we have against airdrie, Clyde, and Dumbarton.