Falkirk v Stranraer, 30th November 2019

54 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Question for me is do we stick with McManus up front?
His work rate against Linlithgow was not in question but he was wasteful in front of goal.

I think we need his running tbh. If not, then Gomis is the only one doing any chasing/buzzing about between the lines. McMillan and Sammon aren't going to do that. 

His work rate against Linlithgow was not in question but he was wasteful in front of goal.

He doesn’t deserve to be sidelined for missing chances. That goal against the Rose might be the goal that sparks him back into life. It’s not as if anyone else has been setting the heather on fire.

Definitely not. His willingness to win the ball back is what got us the first goal. I honestly think we'd be worse without him

I think it might be that we're sending him back in that case. If it's a straight choice between him and McManus i'd choose the latter and I don't imagine McMillan fancies being a bench player in League 1.

As for the game, Stranraer were the poorest side I've seen this season in the away tie so I'm hoping we can get another win to get some momentum behind the team.

1 minute ago, ilostmyself said:

I think it might be that we're sending him back in that case. If it's a straight choice between him and McManus i'd choose the latter and I don't imagine McMillan fancies being a bench player in League 1.

As for the game, Stranraer were the poorest side I've seen this season in the away tie so I'm hoping we can get another win to get some momentum behind the team.

Going to need 3 decent strikers at least and McManus currently cant be relied upon as a goal scorer. Johnstone is pish so its all about whether they can get a better replacement for macmillan i in January otherwise  if the likes of Sammon got injured we would be fecked.

Just now, Shadwell Dog said:

Going to need 3 decent strikers at least and McManus currently cant be relied upon as a goal scorer. Johnstone is pish so its all about whether they can get a better replacement for macmillan i in January otherwise  if the likes of Sammon got injured we would be fecked.

Aye, i'd agree with that. I just think McMillan isn't quite the answer for us.

Would prefer someone younger with pace that we can use to change games if it isn't working for McManus & Sammon. I'm not sure McMillan is an upgrade on either (he obviously is on Johnstone though!) and I'd imagine for the wages we'll be paying for McMillan we could do better.

13 minutes ago, ilostmyself said:

Aye, i'd agree with that. I just think McMillan isn't quite the answer for us.

Would prefer someone younger with pace that we can use to change games if it isn't working for McManus & Sammon. I'm not sure McMillan is an upgrade on either (he obviously is on Johnstone though!) and I'd imagine for the wages we'll be paying for McMillan we could do better.

No easy though to get a decent striker willing to play for a league one side. 

38 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

No easy though to get a decent striker willing to play for a league one side. 

Its a fair point.  Just talking hypothetically, if I was a decent striker from a league above or whatever, maybe not first choice at my club, and FFC could afford wages I was after..then you'd maybe think that dropping down to play in a lower league could be a sensible option career wise?  More chance of scoring a load of goals, making a name for yourself and firing the team to promotion, getting a bit of glory in a short career, fans favourite,  and maybe, just maybe getting a bigger move along the way.... I guess the risk is you flop and then your spiral downwards continues..

St Johnstone might be able to recall McMillan if they get injuries for all we know. It's probably a case of not wanting him cup tied.

I think we need another player in the middle who can put their foot on the ball. I would bin Miller and stick Tidser next to Gomis. 

Not massively keen on the back five when our two wing backs are humpty but willing to see how it pans out.