Killie v Queen's Park

5 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

So what was difference from the previous round? Simply, how our team was set up.

Also, we were playing a team who were determined to win as opposed to a team who thought they just had to turn up to win.

1 hour ago, JT1867 said:

Also, we were playing a team who were determined to win as opposed to a team who thought they just had to turn up to win.

Killie would probably see off QOS with relative ease as well. Coming up against a good full-time side is always likely to expose frailties and we've got plenty of them. Hopefully get a couple of new faces in and get ourselves well clear of danger. A pivotal few weeks ahead. 

Putting aside the defending at crosses (purely because I don’t want to even think about it any more!), it’s clear that the team is crying out for a solid presence in the centre of midfield. 

Joffrey is great and the young lads definitely have potential but someone with a bit more experience who would sit a little deeper, break up play and demand the ball would make such a difference. Our success under Gus was due in no small part to the role Vinny Berry played in that position.

13 hours ago, Spider Rico said:

Putting aside the defending at crosses (purely because I don’t want to even think about it any more!), it’s clear that the team is crying out for a solid presence in the centre of midfield. 

Joffrey is great and the young lads definitely have potential but someone with a bit more experience who would sit a little deeper, break up play and demand the ball would make such a difference. Our success under Gus was due in no small part to the role Vinny Berry played in that position.

I think Finnie may be our man for that.

15 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Still haven't got over that. No Killie pie. I was gagging for one, too

If Queen's hadn't woefully underestimated how many tickets we'd sell then Killie would have been able to provide  sufficient pies for all.  The empire biscuits with the QP badge were a nice touch mind.

Edited by Chester Desmond

My son demonstrated beastly behaviour at the game.

He picked the pastry lid off his pie and ate that first, scooped out the meaty filling with his fingers and ate that, then ate the remainder of the pastry casing. He enjoyed it.

He's only six, I have to work on these life skills with him.
Bringing him up as a non old scum fan is a fine start sir!!!!