Killie v Queen's Park

Doesn’t matter what the level opposition is. Our defending at set pieces was comical and embarrassing. Obviously expected to lose but we didn’t lay a glove on Kilmarnock plus we looked scared anytime we had possession of the ball. Disappointing 

Edited by qpfc

16 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:
39 minutes ago, Nadroj said:
Played well. Some really nice touches and a well taken goal

Probably our best all round player. Nesbit scored all the time but hes more intelligent on the ball.

Aye, he is a smashing player. My favourite at the club in fact. I really hope he gets a regular run now. 

A very professional, consummate performance today. Gave the game the respect it deserved and given I had a couple of jitters about this at the start of the week everything gelled together very well. Stuart Findlay has been a huge miss and it's brilliant to have him back in defence - and with him heading in goals, who needs attackers? Bunn looked tidy and I'm sure will be a welcome addition to the squad, and it was good to see Kabamba get a goal too, he looked eager as soon as he was subbed on. The only minus point was that Kyle Connell's shot didn't go in as it was an absolute rocket, but it that's the only minus point from the game we can't complain too much. Credit to QP and their fans for selling more than double their initial allocation of tickets and bringing considerably more than some teams from the top flight - a great bunch of lads and all the best for the rest of the season. Having seen QP v Stenny a couple of weeks ago and the work that Ray has done since coming in I think you'll be pretty safe from the previous threat of 10th place. 

Scotland's oldest professional team against Scotland's newest as well
151 years v. 1 week.
We have not been professional for 151 years - football in Scotland was exclusively amateur until 1893, and I'm not entirely sure exactly when we started paying players.

We used to call ourselves "Scotland's oldest professional club" on the basis that we were the oldest club who were professional, not because we'd been professional the longest. That distinction now falls on Queen's Park, since they are two years older than us.

2 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

We have not been professional for 151 years - football in Scotland was exclusively amateur until 1893, and I'm not entirely sure exactly when we started paying players.

We used to call ourselves "Scotland's oldest professional club" on the basis that we were the oldest club who were professional, not because we'd been professional the longest. That distinction now falls on Queen's Park, since they are two years older than us.

We didn't look very professional today.

That turned to crap very quickly. Can we go back to being amateur? We were so much better then.

Apart from the game it was a grand day out. Killie stewards, pie stall staff and the fans I talked to were all brand new. As for the match - Queen's had little to offer apart from catastrophic defending. In some ways it was similar to the recent game v Stenny only this time we were up against a team capable of dishing out the punishment in spades. I'm sure there will be more detailed dissections of that performance later in the thread.

Edited by Spidersmad