Killie v Queen's Park

If they play to their capabilities, they'll pump us. That's the long and short of it. A decent performance will keep momentum going. Last thing we want is a heavy, confidence sapping defeat. 

Fully agree but there’s nothing wrong with rattling the cages. Only one has bit so far so Killie fans are either supremely confident or cacking it. There’s about 30 league places between us. But if it was all predictable bookies would be poor.

33 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Fully agree but there’s nothing wrong with rattling the cages. Only one has bit so far so Killie fans are either supremely confident or cacking it. There’s about 30 league places between us. But if it was all predictable bookies would be poor.

Absolutely. It's one of the reasons we love football. Not many will want to miss this one because of the "just in case" factor. Imagine checking your phone in Debenhams and seeing we were 1-0 up. Odds heavily stacked against, but shocks happen. 

15 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

I'd say Killie fans are fairly indifferent about this game.

Should win comfortably but you never know.

The improbably detailed excel spreadsheet I had created detailing Killie's fortunes in the Scottish Cup from 1993/94 to present appears to have been lost since my work updated the laptops to Office 365.  I don't know if any of you clowns will understand how absolutely horrified I am at this development.

Game may as well not be happening IMO, honestly don't know how I'm going to enjoy it without knowing the impact that the result may have on our home win% over the last ten seasons.

3 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Let's hope your players are equally indifferent then. 

No offense, it's a game against a team near bottom of the bottom league in Scotland.

It's not one to get the pulses racing but I dare say you'll think the same about a trip to RP!

14 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

No offense, it's a game against a team near bottom of the bottom league in Scotland.

It's not one to get the pulses racing but I dare say you'll think the same about a trip to RP!

None taken.

In every match thread there's always one post that you think just might haunt the poster come 5pm on a Saturday. Good luck!

Whatever the result a little bit of Scottish football history will be made today as a professional Queen's Park team takes the field for the first time. That, and the faint chance of cup glory will be enough to get me on the train down to Kilmarnock shortly. Fair buzzin'!  'Mon eh Queue Pee!

Edited by Spidersmad

1 hour ago, Spidersmad said:

Whatever the result a little bit of Scottish football history will be made today as a professional Queen's Park team takes the field for the first time. That, and the faint chance of cup glory will be enough to get me on the train down to Kilmarnock shortly. Fair buzzin'!  'Mon eh Queue Pee!

Scotland's oldest professional team against Scotland's newest as well

151 years v. 1 week.