Livi V Rovers

Raith_Raver

Why can’t Livi just open a cash gate? Makes absolutely no sense not to.

As for the match. Livi should have too much for us, 3 week break or not. Livi is a hard place for decent premier teams to go, let alone us.

15 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Why can’t Livi just open a cash gate? Makes absolutely no sense not to.

As for the match. Livi should have too much for us, 3 week break or not. Livi is a hard place for decent premier teams to go, let alone us.

Stopped doing cash gates since we went all tickety Premiershipy changing our set up.

Yeah we should have too much for you, only conceded 5 goals at home in the Premiership, and one of those was offside by Morelos and another a wrong penalty award to Cosgrove for a foul by him on Jacobs outside the Livi box, BUT, we're absolute pish every time we return from a break, took us at least 2 games to get back up to speed after every break last season, I may stick a tenner on Raith just to ease the pain if we lose against you.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

The Pro’s -
1. Away day with the boys, spoons breakfast and then on the beers, yaldy!
2. I’ll get the Spaghettihad ticked off. Wildly I always had the attitude of we’re (both teams) never getting relegated/promoted, then you guys went down and came up as we went down, so kinda shot myself in the foot.
3. The day out, other than the 90mins in the middle

The cons -
1. No big money payout for us
2. You guys don’t really concede much
3. We’re gonna get pumped

After all that, I can’t wait for Saturday. COYR!

3 hours ago, Starkiplier said:

Best pub for rovers fans pre-match?

Somewhere in Kirkcaldy or Edinburgh.

If you're getting the train to Livi North you're probably best with the Saltire near the station, then a walk/taxi/bus down to the stadium. There's the Livi Inn which is a bit closer and half decent from what I remember. Even closer is the Lime Kiln which is more of a place to eat but can sit with a drink no bother. Shopping centre has a Wetherspoons, not much else other than Paraffin Lamp (haven't been there in a while but quite the shithole). Or if you'd prefer to be as close to the ground as possible there's the Stadium Bar (under the West/main stand) and the Almondvale Suite (under the South stand).

Black bull in mid calder is the best pub around the vicinity just outside Livi. For getting settled in without having to walk/taxi/bus it afterwards then the stadium bar or Almondvale suite is convenient and not a terrible option.

Will either be open to away fans? Is there pints or is it cans & bottles?

Currently going to the Spoons (breakfast & then pints) & Lime Kiln, but if either Stadium Bar or Almondvale Suite is better than the Lime Kiln, happy to be advised. Cheers in advance.

1 hour ago, WSDR 88 said:

Will either be open to away fans? Is there pints or is it cans & bottles?

Currently going to the Spoons (breakfast & then pints) & Lime Kiln, but if either Stadium Bar or Almondvale Suite is better than the Lime Kiln, happy to be advised. Cheers in advance.

Almondvale suite is def open to away fans, and serves decnt food too, Food Creations caters in there, they took over the lease in AS, and the Stadium Bar too I think. The bar is prob open to away fans too, not meant to be but generally is anyway, can't see a prob for Raith fans getting in there. Both do draught beers, bottles and cans too. Big 75 inch tv screens in the bar, dunno what game will be on, prob Watford v Spurs.

Almondvale suite is def open to away fans, and serves decnt food too, Food Creations caters in there, they took over the lease in AS, and the Stadium Bar too I think. The bar is prob open to away fans too, not meant to be but generally is anyway, can't see a prob for Raith fans getting in there. Both do draught beers, bottles and cans too. Big 75 inch tv screens in the bar, dunno what game will be on, prob Watford v Spurs.

Cheers for that, we’ve got a bus heading through so was looking for a place to head pre/post match! Do you know if they’re fine with kids too? Cheers

1 hour ago, Beastie Russell said:

So, can I just roll up on Saturday and get entry to the away end ?

Via the ticket office yep (a wee hole in the wall next to the East stand away turnstiles. Was a hell of a queue when Hibs fans all rolled up on match day, and some of them missed the first 20-30 mins of the game, must've been about 1,000 of them though.

32 minutes ago, ac-rrfc said:

Cheers for that, we’ve got a bus heading through so was looking for a place to head pre/post match! Do you know if they’re fine with kids too? Cheers

Think they are In the Almondvale suite, def seen kids in there. 

Superb! Nice one mate, cheers!

Tough game with not a big chance of winning.  Maybe better to try and give guys like Bowie, Matthews, Miller, Dingwall and Victoria a run out from the start.  Don;t know if i'd risk Hendry in this one.

Munro

Miller  Mckay  Davo  Bene  Macdonald

Spencer  Matthews

Dingwall

Victoria  Bowie

Would be nice to make more of a game of it than last season at Easter Road.

I think we’ll see Robbie Thomson start in goal here. Munro has been unconvincing of late and Thomson has been fit for a while now. Probably deserves a chance in a pressure-free match.

1 hour ago, JAR said:

I think we have a free hit in this match. We are not often underdogs in the league so we can enjoy having a go.

Not often we're seen as the favourite in the league, so complete opposite for us going into this game, we're more  used to teams coming at us and giving us space in behind them. Hence why we keep struggling against Accies. I think this will be a close game with just a goal deciding it.

How are you at defending set pieces and long throw ins?

I have a ticket in my possession now so I can look smugly on when 200 Rovers fans turn up at 2.57pm expecting direct into the ground.

I would give Thomson an outing here and also bring back Miller. I'd play Matthews as well as we'll no doubt need a bit more of a defensive outlook in midfield for this one.

Expecting a Livi win but hoping we can make more of a game of it than that feeble outing against Hibs last season.