Livi V Rovers

Raith_Raver

30 minutes ago, Wee Sandy said:

That is a pathetic turn out from the Livi boys.......916 home fans.

More than I expected in the home end, was thinking about 800, thankfully crowd numbers don't win games as we’ve shown in the Premiership. 

Didn’t see that coming at all, barely threatened In the 2nd half, if we didn’t get the pen we lose 1-0 I reckon. 
As soon as we scored we picked up the pace, grabbing the goal so early after the equaliser was a bonus. 
Not a good performance but through to the next round. 

2 minutes ago, andylivi1 said:

More than I expected in the home end, was thinking about 800, thankfully crowd numbers don't win games as we’ve shown in the Premiership. 

Correct but how embarrassing that there were a quite a lot more at Bo'ness v Clyde.

Anyway you're through no matter how it came about. Congratulations.

Clyde at your Tony Macaroni should fairly boost your takings in the next round.

14 minutes ago, grumswall said:
16 minutes ago, TxRover said:
Let’s try Miller, Watson, McKay, Bene and MacDonald or Miller, Mendy, McKay, Bene and MacDonald.

Watson is not a cb.

No, but he’s proven to be a quite decent RB, and Davo’s proven to be a liability. The options at CB are currently Davo, Bene, McKay and Mendy...and I’d rather not have Davo playing right now...Mendy is likely still out of his depth, so why not? RCB with five backs isn’t that far from his RB role in a four back set-up.

Just now, embow said:

Correct but how embarrassing that there were a quite a lot more at Bo'ness v Clyde.

Anyway you're through no matter how it came about. Congratulations.

Clyde at your Tony Macaroni should fairly boost your takings in the next round.

Not embarrassed at all tbh, good on the ones who went to the Bonnyrigg v Clyde game, a real novelty cup tie. 

Until the penalty, the three centre halfs were imperious. If anyone's place is at risk following that performance, it's Munro. His goalkeeping is generally fine, but his kicking is diabolical. When we're relying on getting balls out to the wingbacks to get forward, it's an absolute killer.

I don't think we've learned much that we didn't already know from that game. The back three is our strongest defence. Tait is a better replacement for Spencer than for Matthews, who's steel is required in the middle. We need another striker. Whilst John Baird produces moments like nobody else, neither he, Anderson, Bowie or Smith has enough consistency and quality to lead the line in a title tilt.

1 minute ago, embow said:

Apologies it was indeed Bonnyrigg and not Bo'ness as I stated.🤭

It’s cool, knew what you meant.

Anyway good luck to you lot in the league, looks like a decent side, well organised and every chance of promotion which would be hilarious if it kept Falkirk down 😂

Please get Ciaron Brown on the next train back to Cardiff. I really can’t believe he has played international football.
I thought Brown had a decent game....solid, good turn of pace to track runners and barely lost anything in the air plus actually played the ball forward. Obviously he wasn't perfect but I'm struggling to pick a player who had a great game.

Incidentally was the MOTM announced?

I text my brother literally 30 seconds before livi got their first penalty saying we were “so comfortable”. That went well.

I thought we were terrific for 75 minutes today. Don’t think Munro made a save. Had a great time in with the YT today. That level of backing every week could be the difference. I love this fitbaw team.

2 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I text my brother literally 30 seconds before livi got their first penalty saying we were “so comfortable”. That went well.

I thought we were terrific for 75 minutes today. Don’t think Munro made a save. Had a great time in with the YT today. That level of backing every week could be the difference. I love this fitbaw team.

Folk are enjoying going to watch the Rovers on a Saturday and trying to make an occasion of it. Its bound to help the players. 

1 hour ago, Raith_Rasta said:

Forgot how hypersensitive and mummy boy liberal pie and Bovril is. Getting offended on behalf for other people. it’s a joke and a good hearted one. and I bet 90% of who you’re looking out for would tell you to sit your soft touch white boy ass down.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/what-romelu-lukaku-song-lyrics-11198902.amp

Mate, the players who it’s sung about see it as offensive and discriminatory. 

also if liberal in this context means not singing racist songs then yes, let’s hope pie and bovril and beyond is liberal as f**k. 

No, but he’s proven to be a quite decent RB, and Davo’s proven to be a liability. The options at CB are currently Davo, Bene, McKay and Mendy...and I’d rather not have Davo playing right now...Mendy is likely still out of his depth, so why not? RCB with five backs isn’t that far from his RB role in a four back set-up.

Cbs generally have to win high balls, something I don't think iv seen Watson do. He's fine as cover for Miller but isn't anything more right now. Davo has always proven to be a liability at times but he is undoubtedly our best option next to bene right now. Rb and cb are two different positions with completely different skills needed to perform there.

Took us a while to adjust to playing Raith Rovers instead of Ajax and Anderlecht but we got going. First half was dire but we're not a team that plays well whilst in possession, bringing on Robinson really turned the game for us and brought Dykes into the game more. Erskine brought a bit of much needed experience and the change to a 3 back for that small period did a world of good for us. 

First penalty I'll need to see again but the second was a stone waller, Erskine was about to tuck it away and he's brought down.

Would say we deserved it and were the better team having dominated the game following Raith's goal tbf. 

Edited by ATLIS

The YT created a fantastic atmosphere but the fannies who were breaking seats can f**k off.

Forgot how hypersensitive and mummy boy liberal pie and Bovril is. Getting offended on behalf for other people. it’s a joke and a good hearted one. and I bet 90% of who you’re looking out for would tell you to sit your soft touch white boy ass down.

words again bad attempt try later again