Livi V Rovers

Raith_Raver

Not often we're seen as the favourite in the league, so complete opposite for us going into this game, we're more  used to teams coming at us and giving us space in behind them. Hence why we keep struggling against Accies. I think this will be a close game with just a goal deciding it.

How are you at defending set pieces and long throw ins?

In line with this post, the Rovers are disinclined to offer Livingston any space in the final third. As a result, Livi are having a lot of the ball in the middle, and haven't looked too creative so far. They have had an effort off the post, but it looked the result of accident rather than design.

The Rovers have just had their first big chance. Matthews breaks into the box and his cut back is *just* intercepted to prevent a certain goal.

Ya c**t. Bairdy has just scored an overhear kick from the corner. Brb, away for scenes.

Ok, we’ve not been brilliant. 
Great ball into the danger area by Lawson for the one that hit the post. getting round the outside will be the key as Raith have the centre of the pitch packed. Sloppy from us to lose a goal from a second phase at a corner, someone losing the man (trying to play offside?) and he’s hooked it into the middle of goal. Brown unconvincing so far 😕

Mostly the young team - but not just them - have on several occasions have sung a racist stereotypical chant about Mendy (the one about a cock being massive, of course).

I’m not saying they are racists. I think they are ignorant. 

But this chant has to stop. Right now.I’ve tried several times to shout it down and - disappointingly - not many other rovers fans have joined me.

It’s embarrassing and a fucking disgrace. I feel so sorry for Mendy and the black players playing for Livingston and anyone else who is effected. Disgusting. 

I know that the Raith TV boys read this, please pass this on to the club and get this publicly stopped. Again, I don’t think it’s based on hatred. It’s ignorance. So call this out, educate and stop it now. 

For anyone in the away end. If it starts again. Boo it down immediately. If you don’t, you are condoning it.

1 minute ago, embow said:

What in the name of f*** is a barry pirty?

I assume he means a pint in the bar, my good man!

Now let’s hope that Livi’s second half mirrors it’s first...the question is, how well do that adjust?

1 minute ago, HIT THE CHANNEL said:

Mostly the young team - but not just them - have on several occasions have sung a racist stereotypical chant about Mendy (the one about a cock being massive, of course).

I’m not saying they are racists. I think they are ignorant. 

But this chant has to stop. Right now.I’ve tried several times to shout it down and - disappointingly - not many other rovers fans have joined me.

It’s embarrassing and a fucking disgrace. I feel so sorry for Mendy and the black players playing for Livingston and anyone else who is effected. Disgusting. 

I know that the Raith TV boys read this, please pass this on to the club and get this publicly stopped. Again, I don’t think it’s based on hatred. It’s ignorance. So call this out, educate and stop it now. 

For anyone in the away end. If it starts again. Boo it down immediately. If you don’t, you are condoning it.

Fair play for standing up to this.

Absolutely nothing has gone right for Tony Dingwall, except the assist for the goal. If the scoreline stays like this, I won't complain, but he can't be far away from losing his place to Victoria. He tries the right thing most of the time, but his execution is miles away from where it needs to be. He doesn't look like a player we signed from the Premiership.

It's also been startlingly apparent how much we've missed Michael Miller. As much as Jamie Watson has come on leaps and bounds, Miller is just different gravy. He's had a relatively quiet half, but he just exudes calmness and threat (if that's not a contradiction in terms).

Overall, the gameplan has been executed excellently. Livi must've had 70% of the ball, but they've struggled for any sort of cohesion. Lots of knocking it between Lamie and Sibbald, staring at a block of Rovers jerseys. As you'd expect with that much possession, they've had a couple of chances. One cross was turned up onto the post with Munro nowhere near, possibly via a deflection, and they've had a couple of efforts right at the keeper.

Getting the goal was massive. I think it was the Rovers only shot on target, but they've shown glimpses of danger, particularly on the break. You'd think a handful of those chances will come along again, particularly if Livi don't square it up in the first fifteen minutes after half time.