Dundee Hibernian v Edinburgh Hibernian

The replay's a foregone conclusion, Hibs are not going to let the DABs get away with that twice, especially at a ground like Easter Road under the floodlights.

Might as well save some letters and not even put Dundee United's name in the hat for the next round, tbqhwy (to be quite honest with you).

Hibs shree, Arabs nil. Take it to the bank likesay. 1258330672_JackCigar.png.1d39ed7c224d85248f0d3e0eaa7cd8aa.png

Decent cup tie that, happy to still be in with a shout as we weren't even close to being at our best. I suspect we had to win today to progress though.

Still unbeaten at home. Still in the cup. 2 great finishes from Shankland and Appere. It's all good.

How did Motherwell get on yesterday?

We have played better this season, of that there is no doubt, but I thought it was an enjoyable enough game against a good team. A decent atmosphere and a game played with good intensity in spells.

Think we will possibly get a bit of a pumping in the replay.

Is it the same set of match officials for the replay as I thought Clancy was dreadful today and for both sides.

I may be wrong but I am sure years ago that it was the case that the officials for the original tie also handled the replay unless unavailable. 

9 minutes ago, CaspianChris said:

Is it the same set of match officials for the replay as I thought Clancy was dreadful today and for both sides.

I may be wrong but I am sure years ago that it was the case that the officials for the original tie also handled the replay unless unavailable. 

Don't think that's the case nowadays.

In our 2016 run we had different refs in all four games between Hearts and Caley Thistle.

I dont think you need a huge rebuild u have a team that's near better than a lot of the bottom 6 in the spfl

Lovely goals from Shanks and Louis but Hibs should have been out of sight. We’ve got a huge rebuild ahead in the summer.

And please don’t play Powers and Butcher together again.

18 minutes ago, DAVIDB69 said:

Are Scottish cup replays ever on telly these days. Cant recall the last one

The ones in the later rounds can't be because they clash with European matches. However, Round 4 replays are before European competitions start back up, so they could be televised if the companies want to (and if they have the rights). I can't remember the last time one was on though - the last one I'm sure about was Arbroath v Celtic in 2012.

26 minutes ago, Baldie1980 said:

I dont think you need a huge rebuild u have a team that's near better than a lot of the bottom 6 in the spfl

Not sure about “better than” but certainly on a par with.  A couple of decent signings in the summer and I think we could do well enough in the bottom half of the top flight without continually looking over our shoulder.

One difference today was the pace and decisiveness that Hibs countered with when we made an error or misplaced a pass. Although obviously they didn't capitalise on every moment, it was a world away from what we have seen in the Championship in recent seasons. Early on I worried we would capitulate with that pressure but a combination of us finding our feet a little and some poor decision making from Hibs allowed the game to settle.

Although it would have been great to get a bigger home crowd, over 6,000 United fans for a game free on TV on a Sunday afternoon is still decent.

For how the stadium looked I agree that Hibs should have been given the Shed and we could have closed the Jerry Kerr. It would have then made a difference in the George Fox/ET stands.

Lovely goals from Shanks and Louis but Hibs should have been out of sight. We’ve got a huge rebuild ahead in the summer.

And please don’t play Powers and Butcher together again.

Powers and butcher would be fine together if they had someone like glass in front of them. They break up play relatively fine.

Pawlett abd mcmullan were frustrating. There was a couple of times in the first half where pawlett turned and actually ran at the hibs defence and caused problems but just didnt do enough. Mcmullan was rotten.

Shanklands hold up and general play is outstanding and his finish was lovely. Appere was superb when he came on.

Scott allan is a rolls royce of a player. Martin boyle also played well. Kamberi would frustrate me as a hibs fan. He genuinely looked like he could beat the whole united team on his own if he could be arsed.

Hibs defence is slow and shite.

United hospitality has improved since last time

Powers was ok, but we can't have all 3 of him, Harkes and Butcher on at the same time. Pawlett was pretty anonymous, and McMullan disappeared against better opposition, which seems to be his MO.

Appere should be starting every week, and $hankland cannot be allowed to leave during this window.

Hibs will probably win the replay, but hopefully our general showing will be better.

United done well enough especially against an established top 6 side. We didn’t threaten Hibs that many times but we worked really hard to contain them and fought back twice.

Boyle Is a good player, he’s certainly Improved a lot. Kamberi Is really good when he’s Interested. Allan as well Is good. Mallan looks like a big miss.

Thought Connolly/Watson partnership was excellent today. I know some people thought he was quiet but I thought Powers was really good, he worked hard and broke up a lot of play. Butcher his usual self kicking anything that moved.

Great game for TV and I’m looking forward to the replay (where I expect Hibs will do enough).

3 hours ago, craigkillie said:

The ones in the later rounds can't be because they clash with European matches. However, Round 4 replays are before European competitions start back up, so they could be televised if the companies want to (and if they have the rights). I can't remember the last time one was on though - the last one I'm sure about was Arbroath v Celtic in 2012.

Sometimes R5 or QF replays fall in domestic midweeks tbf.

It seems TV can't be bothered. Sky's last was Albion Rovers v Rangers (2013-14 QF). BBC's pre-2011. Until this season both had "1-per-round" IIRC.