Dundee Hibernian v Edinburgh Hibernian

3 hours ago, ArabFC said:

Watson has every reason to be extremely pissed off at being left out. If I was a cynic I might think the ‘rotation’ of the centre backs over the last few games was nothing more than an excuse to get Connolly back in.

And talk about packing the midfield. Harkes, Butcher and Powers as a three, with Pawlett who isn’t really a wide player.

Didn’t see it, but the BBC text commentary follows every Hibs goal with “terrible defending by United” 🙄

Didn’t see it, but the BBC text commentary follows every Hibs goal with “terrible defending by United” [emoji849]
Atrocious defending for all 4. Silly tackle for the pen, pawlett shiting a 50/50 for the second, free header in the 6 yard box from a corner for the third and a needless corner given away for the 4th

11 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Firstly, congratulations to Dundee Hibernian, who proved that there's life in Scotland's lower divisions. It was their cup final and although they were soundly beaten, they can hold their heads up high. 

I can see now why there's such a fuss about young Liam Shankland, no wonder the likes of Dunfermline and Inverness are considering offering him full time football. Ryan Seacrest in goal was excellent and deserves all the plaudits he'll get when he returns to his office job tomorrow.

As he takes home the strips for a wash, manager Robert Nelson will be full of pride.

CBE1BA78-A098-4380-A5D2-CD1FAAD758D8.jpeg.06439c450131e6bbb0e3e2da4efe8786.jpeg

Very un-Scottish game with both teams seemingly having no interest in pressing the ball. It made for a weirdly entertaining game.

I'm really warming to Joe Newell. He played a bit like Dylan McGeouch but with brilliant set pieces and the ability to drive into the box. Who'd have thought in the summer that he'd be laying on a hat-trick for Doidge.

Good away crowd who tried to lift their team after going behind. Total opposite of the greeting cretins going off their head at 0-1, when we were actually playing quite well. 

Congratulations to Hibs who deserve to progress to the next round, I thought both teams, but especially United, defended amateurishly but it made for an entertaining match.

Pawlett, Sow and Reynolds stood out for me as being a waste of wages, while some of the other lads will have to raise their game playing at a higher level next season.

1 hour ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Firstly, congratulations to Dundee Hibernian, who proved that there's life in Scotland's lower divisions. It was their cup final and although they were soundly beaten, they can hold their heads up high. 

I can see now why there's such a fuss about young Liam Shankland, no wonder the likes of Dunfermline and Inverness are considering offering him full time football. Ryan Seacrest in goal was excellent and deserves all the plaudits he'll get when he returns to his office job tomorrow.

As he takes home the strips for a wash, manager Robert Nelson will be full of pride.

We had this Shankland character before. We sent him back to Aberdeen. Rubbish.

On 28/01/2020 at 23:42, BawWatchin said:

Always good to see how our A club stacks up against our B club. Needless to say, we won't be transferring any of that lot over to the main club.

I feel it was good for Hibs mentally to even up the competitive head to head record with thier B club to 72 wins each. Not a good look to have a losing record like that.