Dundee Hibernian v Edinburgh Hibernian

1 minute ago, stumigoo said:

Really not sure what to expect today.

Hibs have the potential to be very good, but also very shit.

We have the potential to be very good, but also very shit. 

Despite our results we have gone long periods this season of not being that great, but we have shown in some of the games, and in some spells that we can be very strong if things click. I do hope we go for it, I would rather lose having had a go than have to suffer a defensive 90 minutes in the hope of a narrow win or a replay (which we don't want or need). 

A similar side to last week but with Butcher in for Clark, Harkes in for Glass and maybe McMullan in for Appere would be fine by me. Chances are we will play with a 451/4231 for the rest of the season after Clark's injury. 

If we play with Shankland isolated up front on his own we will lose comfortably.

8 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

lineup(1).png.25266d5952b6bcf1e9c77728e9870bc3.png

Suprising line-up (formation probably bollocks)

Reynolds on the bench?

Would have prefererred to have seen Appere in the side instead of Harkes or Pawlett, but hey-ho.

Cammy Smith can't even make the squad? Ouch!

I thought 4231 when I seen the line up surely the only way with those players unless Harkes is playing RM. 

Reynolds on the bench?
Would have prefererred to have seen Appere in the side instead of Harkes or Pawlett, but hey-ho.
Be interesting to see how powers and butcher do together. Two strong midfielders.

Good to see Mcmullan back.

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Steven Whittaker in midfield?

Is Heckingbottom still in charge?

That’s a Neil Lennon special from what I can remember, Hecky just bombed him out completely.

If whoever is playing directly up against Whittaker is any good we will struggle. Both United’s wingers seem like threats too, Pawlett especially for his diving ability.

45 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Hence the isolated reference.  Glass helped but not sure if he will start today.

Spot on.  Call it whatever formation you want, if the midfield players don’t offer the right sort of support then Shankland will be isolated and ineffective.

13 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

Reynolds on the bench?

Neilson always makes room for Pawlett on these occasions that he’s not crocked.  Fair enough but if he’s not contributing I hope it doesn’t take Neilson 85 minutes to change things.

United are absolutely battering the rest of the Championship, looking forward to them coming back up - hopefully passing Hearts and Hamilton going the other way😁.

This was always the tie of the round and its good that BBC agree as I couldnt make it up to Dundee today.

I suspect this will be a very close match, possibly even one goal to decide it..............so its good that United dont have a goal machine like Shankland up front, eh 🙄 ?

Just now, Dele said:

Two minutes into the game and we've had Callum Butcher giving away a daft free kick, Hibs having a shot cleared off the line and been sung the James McPake song. 

Dis gun B gud. 

Fingers crossed for an absolute rinsing, followed by @Granny Danger melting down all over the forum.

1 minute ago, Dele said:

Two minutes into the game and we've had Callum Butcher giving away a daft free kick, Hibs having a shot cleared off the line and been sung the James McPake song. 

Dis gun B gud. 

No surprise there.  

After all the boasting before the last derby about the size of their support  I’m just surprised United never sold out three stands.  This is one of the biggest teams to have visited Tannadice in the last 4 seasons.