Utd

Aberdeen

Motherwell

Inverness

Ross County 

Falkirk 

St Johnstone

Raith Rovers

Pretty much every big to middling club in the country. The big misses there being Kilmarnock and St Mirren but they did at least win major trophies in that period. 

I would agree not making a semi final once a decade is a bit shit. He said every few years, though. 

I say that loosely. I can’t remember the last time Dundee were in the semi final for either the League or Scottish cup. It’s a terrible state of affairs for one of the bigger clubs in the country. Even before Hibs finally broke their Scottish Cup hoodoo they were still making it to cup finals and semi finals.

Just now, jamamafegan said:

I say that loosely. I can’t remember the last time Dundee were in the semi final for either the League or Scottish cup. It’s a terrible state of affairs for one of the bigger clubs in the country. Even before Hibs finally broke their Scottish Cup hoodoo they were still making it to cup finals and semi finals.

Semi - 2006

Final - 2003.

5 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

I think the last time they were in a semi was when they were humiliated by 2nd Division Gretna at Hampden.

13 hours ago, Well Well said:

Every single week, predicts we lose :thumbsdown

I don't actually, but carry on.

Happy to have been proved wrong and we can be happy with a good night's work. Good to see Long get a hat trick and the second goal was a beautiful move and finish.

We looked sloppy at the back though and still badly lack a proper centre forward.

1 hour ago, Dele said:

Final - 2003.

Aaron Hickey, who started in last years Final, wasnt even 1 year old when Dundee last played in a Final 😂

15 hours ago, capt_oats said:

Compared with the game against County last season - The Ross McCormack Shitshow - the first half was everything that game wasn't. We pressed, picked up second balls and given the 3 week break we generally looked "at it". Pretty much everything you'd want to see in order to avoid criticism coming back off a jaunt to Tenerife on a training camp. Which is nice.

The second half...less so.

As far as Seedorf goes we'll always have Tynecastle but he honestly looked like he was heading towards being sub-subbed. The drop off from Hylton to him was stark. The concern for me wasn't just that on an individual level he was a bit pish - Hartley's passing was an absolute shambles and seemed to get worse the harder he tried - but rather the drop in performance when Seedorf came on affected the team as a whole.

Where Hylton was getting us high up the park and squaring up Kerr - allowing everyone else to squeeze up - the fact that the ball just wouldn't stick after he went off caused us the sort of problems that would have fucked us if we had been playing....any team that wasn't Dundee probably. Tie that in with us just stopping doing the simple stuff that had us largely controlling the game in favour of basically making life really difficult for ourselves then it could definitely have gone wrong.

Similarly, I think everyone can see why Stephen Robinson would absolutely fucking love Mark O'Hara but he's 100% playing in the wrong Robinson team. It's been said before but stick him in the 'Andy Rose Role' where he's striding around box to box and picking up 2nd balls off Bad News Bowman, Moult, Main or Ciftci and he's absolutely your boy.

Having him as a pivot in a midfield 3 and trying to dictate tempo and taking on opponents 25 yards from his own goal...oooft!

I mean, it's pretty churlish to knock a 3-0 away win, clean sheet and all. Especially in context of having been pumped out at the same stage last season - so I won't.

Overall there was loads to like: Campbell, as I said earlier, is fucking brilliant, Long's now our joint top scorer for the season (I think) and his general play was very good, Polworth and Gallagher continue to be ballers.

So that's good.

Pretty much agree with this in its entirety. Would also add that this is the first time I've seen Tait live this season and he really seems to have lost something recently. Thankfully we have the youth of Grimshaw to make up for that because I could honestly see better players tearing him a new arse down that wing. Great servant to the club and by all accounts a lovely guy but I'm glad he's our backup right back atm.

Hartley's distribution also would have cost us at least one goal against better opposition I reckon. None of that on Wednesday night please. On the plus side, it was making the guy sitting two rows in front of me absolutely fucking raging and he produced the quote "stop trying tae play fitba and get oan wi it." Considering the implications of this statement occupied my mind for a few minutes of what was generally a fairly shite second half from us and distracted me from being fairly baltic.

Can officially reveal the two crowd sizes for this game.

Motherwell - 1350

Dundee - 1057

A great effort from Dundee fans, forced to  travel through to Motherwell at such a random time of night. Fair play.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Motherwell - 1350

Dundee - 1057

A great effort from Dundee fans, forced to  travel through to Motherwell at such a random time of night. Fair play.

To be fair to the Dee guys on here they did say that they wouldn’t have a big support at the game for whatever reason.

Must admit though at 7.15 I thought there must have been a turnstile failure in the home end.

A team like Dundee should never be attracting gates like that for any game and I hope things improve as I’ve  always liked going to Dens and would love to see them back up in the top league.

Motherwell - 1350

Dundee - 1057

More than expected. Fair play to the 1,057 that went. Proper die hards.

14 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Motherwell - 1350

Dundee - 1057

Amazing that it's taken you 3 days to 'officially reveal' those numbers when everyone else knew on Friday.