Dundee vs Motherwell

21 minutes ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

On the 110 year hoodoo, shouldn't the deceased Rangers rip be docked the 2003 cup win? Falkirk were defo cheated in 2009.  Fraudulent silverware anyway.  

Even if those trophies were stripped from Rangers, why would they be handed to the team they beat in the final, rather than the semi-final or the quarter-final or whatever?

2 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Even if those trophies were stripped from Rangers, why would they be handed to the team they beat in the final, rather than the semi-final or the quarter-final or whatever?

I dunno, but Sevco shouldn't have them or the club sitting in a folder at BDO.  Strip the deed fuckers and use this gizmo for choosing a winner. 

EE81A829-EBDE-45CB-AD88-1C81E1565AA7.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

I dunno, but Sevco shouldn't have them or the club sitting in a folder at BDO.  Strip the deed fuckers and use this gizmo for choosing a winner. 

EE81A829-EBDE-45CB-AD88-1C81E1565AA7.jpeg

Still gives us a better chance than actually playing a game of football.

10 hours ago, Swello said:

Not a bad night out all things considered - lots of pished casualties all over the place, a decent atmosphere in the away end and the standard comfortable win.

Long has been more consistent recently and it was brilliant to see him score a perfect hatrick (a deflection, a peach and a big fucking laugh) - he seems to be cheering up a bit too..

I thought in the first half, we pressed the life out of Dundee and took our chances when they came - 2nd half, we did that thing we have done quite regularly under Robinson and looked miles off it for 25 mins and Dundee looked decent if a bit punchless. 

It was a bit concerning seeing Hylton go off so early as Seedorf is looking increasingly like he'll no dae. On the other hand, Campbell bossed it tonight - looked a different class than the others. It was interesting to hear Robinson talk Tait up before the game as he doesn't look on the pace at all at the moment - I'd imagine Grimmy will be back at Pittodrie.

Lastly - more away supporters than home? That would be a level of tin-pottery I'd never thought I'd see from Dundee TBH...

Compared with the game against County last season - The Ross McCormack Shitshow - the first half was everything that game wasn't. We pressed, picked up second balls and given the 3 week break we generally looked "at it". Pretty much everything you'd want to see in order to avoid criticism coming back off a jaunt to Tenerife on a training camp. Which is nice.

The second half...less so.

As far as Seedorf goes we'll always have Tynecastle but he honestly looked like he was heading towards being sub-subbed. The drop off from Hylton to him was stark. The concern for me wasn't just that on an individual level he was a bit pish - Hartley's passing was an absolute shambles and seemed to get worse the harder he tried - but rather the drop in performance when Seedorf came on affected the team as a whole.

Where Hylton was getting us high up the park and squaring up Kerr - allowing everyone else to squeeze up - the fact that the ball just wouldn't stick after he went off caused us the sort of problems that would have fucked us if we had been playing....any team that wasn't Dundee probably. Tie that in with us just stopping doing the simple stuff that had us largely controlling the game in favour of basically making life really difficult for ourselves then it could definitely have gone wrong.

Similarly, I think everyone can see why Stephen Robinson would absolutely fucking love Mark O'Hara but he's 100% playing in the wrong Robinson team. It's been said before but stick him in the 'Andy Rose Role' where he's striding around box to box and picking up 2nd balls off Bad News Bowman, Moult, Main or Ciftci and he's absolutely your boy.

Having him as a pivot in a midfield 3 and trying to dictate tempo and taking on opponents 25 yards from his own goal...oooft!

I mean, it's pretty churlish to knock a 3-0 away win, clean sheet and all. Especially in context of having been pumped out at the same stage last season - so I won't.

Overall there was loads to like: Campbell, as I said earlier, is fucking brilliant, Long's now our joint top scorer for the season (I think) and his general play was very good, Polworth and Gallagher continue to be ballers.

So that's good.

Edited by capt_oats

1 hour ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

On the 110 year hoodoo, shouldn't the deceased Rangers rip be docked the 2003 cup win? Falkirk were defo cheated in 2009.  Fraudulent silverware anyway.  

Doesn't really matter, retrospective trophy awards don't change the loser's memory of heartbreak from those games. Dundee are already the winners in the long run anyway. Their fans stepped in to save the club from the brink. Twice.

Sure, Rangers got a few extra trophies; but then they died, while their fans were too pre-occupied with countless paranoid tears and snotters rants to bother helping in any practical way.

Campbell is our best, and most important midfielder and it's not even close.  How the f**k we're in another window and there isn't even a made up story of him being wanted by some mob down south god knows. 

As for the game Dundee are fucking woeful. Yeah they were the team on top in second half but that was more to do with Motherwell having the feeling of the game was won and many just went through the motions in second half.  

Campbell is our best, and most important midfielder and it's not even close.  How the f**k we're in another window and there isn't even a made up story of him being wanted by some mob down south god knows. 

As for the game Dundee are fucking woeful. Yeah they were the team on top in second half but that was more to do with Motherwell having the feeling of the game was won and many just went through the motions in second half.  

Not here to lay the boot in, but Dundee really are a pathetic maggot of a club these days.

Terrible support at the game and in dire need of at least a good cup run, never mind an actual cup and they get horsed 3-0 at home. Out in January. Dundee are a club who should be getting into semi finals every few years.