Dundee vs Motherwell

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Wins him points as the "old fashioned full back", which seems to successfully mask the fact hes shite.

I'm not quite sure what Dundee are trying to achieve playing him, Hamilton and Forster all the time. 3 of the worst players in the league. 

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Wins him points as the "old fashioned full back", which seems to successfully mask the fact hes shite.

Been saying it for years. Distribution and control of a welfare player. 

1 minute ago, BukyOHare said:

When did Chris Long start being called Christopher? Does his agent contact media outlets with an update? 

Like Andy Cole latterly being called Andrew. 

I blame Devante. 

1 hour ago, Dele said:

Is Tait always this bad? 

This season? Yes.

Excellent servant but unfortunately his legs appear to have gone, despite him only being about 30. 

1 hour ago, Muggy said:

That Motherwell defence is nearly as bad as ours. Will still keep a clean sheet though.

Correct on both counts- apart from big Declan who strolled it again.

Hartley's passing was absolutely criminal and Gillespie was fortunate his flap in the first half didn't cost us,.

1 hour ago, Ron Aldo said:

Seedorf has been dug meat.

Him and Ndjoli on each wing for the last 10 mins was... quite something.

I'd start Donnelly if fit on Wednesday, still not convinced by O'Hara- he's certainly not a defensive midfiedler. Long will rightly get the headlines(his 2nd was a cracking goal) but Gallagher and Campbell were the best players on the pitch for me.

Not our finest display but will happily take our customary win and clean sheet at Dens Park and move on.

Edited by Casagolda

10 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Attendance on BBC website is given as 2407 which I assume means there were more Motherwell supporters than Dundee. I know the form's not been great but I still find that pretty bewildering when Dundee probably have the larger core support.

Is there more to it than just poor form? Genuine question.

Approximately 3 and a half years of utter irredeemable shite might be the reason.

Not a bad night out all things considered - lots of pished casualties all over the place, a decent atmosphere in the away end and the standard comfortable win.

Long has been more consistent recently and it was brilliant to see him score a perfect hatrick (a deflection, a peach and a big fucking laugh) - he seems to be cheering up a bit too..

I thought in the first half, we pressed the life out of Dundee and took our chances when they came - 2nd half, we did that thing we have done quite regularly under Robinson and looked miles off it for 25 mins and Dundee looked decent if a bit punchless. 

It was a bit concerning seeing Hylton go off so early as Seedorf is looking increasingly like he'll no dae. On the other hand, Campbell bossed it tonight - looked a different class than the others. It was interesting to hear Robinson talk Tait up before the game as he doesn't look on the pace at all at the moment - I'd imagine Grimmy will be back at Pittodrie.

Lastly - more away supporters than home? That would be a level of tin-pottery I'd never thought I'd see from Dundee TBH...