Dundee vs Motherwell

14 hours ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

I'm honestly amazed at the apparent negativety towards this kick off time... Its potentially a great day out. I'd expect us to have somewhere around 1500 at the game 

I'm the same, I get that i'ts January and on the tele but for Well fans in particular, it's a class day out, the Club even put on buses to ease any travel dilemmas. I thought most of our support would be FULLY on board with this game.

33 minutes ago, Neil86 said:

I'm the same, I get that i'ts January and on the tele but for Well fans in particular, it's a class day out, the Club even put on buses to ease any travel dilemmas. I thought most of our support would be FULLY on board with this game.

Pretty much guaranteed passage to the next round as well...

7 hours ago, Spikethedee said:

Pretty much guaranteed passage to the next round as well...

Much like our guaranteed win v Hamilton before the break. 
We are sitting 3rd in top flight but we have been quite lucky in many games. 
If we play like we did v Accies then there is every chance Dundee can win this game. Every chance. 
plus we now have an added distraction thanks to Mr Robinson even if not proven or whatever we did not need this kind of sh1t 

Really looking forward to tomorrow. A day And night out in Dundee and with decent if cold weather forecast. 

I expect a really tough game and would not be surprised with a scoring draw. I worry that we are not as sharp as Dundee but you do have to consider the fact we have gathered more points in a higher and more difficult league than Dundee.  

However the Well have a habit of fking up when I do hospitality or anything out of the ordinary. Dundee fans seem a bit disgruntled with McPake and the team. Yet on paper it is a decent squad and I think they will turn in a good performance tomorrow as there will be no pressure on them. Conversely I actually think being away will lift some pressure off us. 

I saw a tweet from the SFA about missing a round of drinks tomorrow - WTF. No thanks. Need to be just the right side of Merry by KO. 

Edited by welldaft

2 hours ago, thommohawk said:

Why do you think that? It's a home match in the cup against a good team, but a team we have a slight chance of beating.

- £20 a ticket for a Saturday evening game in January that is live on TV.
- The standard of football McPake has served up this season is extremely poor.  It’s actually becoming embarrassing watching McPake standing on the touch line looking at his shoes when things inevitably go wrong.  The only time he seems animated is when the referee makes a mistake.
-It would take me a bit of effort (buy a ticket, defrost the car, park a bit away fro the ground, walk to the ground etc, etc) to attend this match.  More effort that one or two of our regular players seem capable of matching when they are on the pitch and certainly more effort than I see from McPake and Nicholl on the touch line.

If it’s all the same I will stay in a warm house having a few beers while I watch the match.

3 hours ago, thommohawk said:

Why do you think that? It's a home match in the cup against a good team, but a team we have a slight chance of beating.

Last I checked on the ticket website which was 4 days ago admittedly (But the tickets had still been increased in price) we had sold around 500 in the Derry which is usually the 'best selling stand'.

2 hours ago, Shadow Play said:

- £20 a ticket for a Saturday evening game in January that is live on TV.
- The standard of football McPake has served up this season is extremely poor.  It’s actually becoming embarrassing watching McPake standing on the touch line looking at his shoes when things inevitably go wrong.  The only time he seems animated is when the referee makes a mistake.
-It would take me a bit of effort (buy a ticket, defrost the car, park a bit away fro the ground, walk to the ground etc, etc) to attend this match.  More effort that one or two of our regular players seem capable of matching when they are on the pitch and certainly more effort than I see from McPake and Nicholl on the touch line.

If it’s all the same I will stay in a warm house having a few beers while I watch the match.

Apart from it being four hours later than the usual kick off, what's the difference?

7 minutes ago, thommohawk said:

Apart from it being four hours later than the usual kick off, what's the difference?

It’s in the cup,  it’s live on TV and a Saturday evening kick off is a massive no for me (not that TV companies or the SFA would care about that).

Every year I get a season ticket before the season starts.  Usually in July when hopes are high.  It makes sure I go to every home league game each season.

Genuinely, fair play to any Dundee fan who has seen us this season and is still willing to pay at the gate for a match.

1 minute ago, Shadow Play said:

It’s in the cup,  it’s live on TV and a Saturday evening kick off is a massive no for me (not that TV companies or the SFA would care about that).

Every year I get a season ticket before the season starts.  Usually in July when hopes are high.  It makes sure I go to every home league game each season.

Genuinely, fair play to any Dundee fan who has seen us this season and is still willing to pay at the gate for a match.

Fair enough. Maybe I'm only going because I've barely seen them!