Dundee vs Motherwell

On 29/12/2019 at 17:40, RossBFaeDundee said:

Capitulated against Accies. That's the Motherwell side I want to see at Dens.

The fact that we did f**k that one up may go against you. That had been coming. Hopefully the kick up the arse we need.

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/12/2019 at 13:06, The Master said:

Live on BBC Scotland, Saturday 18th January @ 7.20pm.

Yes, 7.20pm. Yes, on a Saturday.

ryan reynolds wtf GIF

On 17/12/2019 at 18:11, capt_oats said:

Prices bump up to £20 

emilia clarke laughing GIF

Hopefully absolutely naecunt turns up. 

6 hours ago, Archie McSquackle said:

I had been going to get the discounted tickets but none of my usual group of 5 who would normally go to cup games seem to be going so I'm just going to wait and see how I feel on the day. This probably gives a good indication of the sort of attendance there will be.

Maybe - but out of the 11 or 12 that normally go from our group 7 are going. 4 myself included are making a night of it. So (literally) nae pissing about weather please. 

Hamilton was disappointing but 4/weeks is too long for to wait till Hibs home game to watch the boys. Plus it is the cup so I reckon there will be a decent Well support despite it being on BBC. Plus all fans have fkin ages to get a £15 ticket, so no complaining about a £20 price. By decent I mean 500+

Hope we turn up with the right attitude and try to impose ourselves on Dundee. Failure to do so will probably see a similar outcome to Ross County last year. I expect Dundee to be up for this and probably just the type of game they need. For once (apart from United) there will be nothing to lose and in some ways the pressure will be off. 

Is Dorrans likely to be a Dundee player by next weekend. One of your better players so hopefully not :-).

20 minutes ago, welldaft said:

Is Dorrans likely to be a Dundee player by next weekend. One of your better players so hopefully not :-).

News has gone quiet over the last few days, but I think he'll be gone soon personally.

McPake has faith he'll still be here by February and imo I don't see the appeal of fighting relegation in the English 3rd tier even if it's slightly more money, but I feel he'll be gone anyway.

I was planning on getting my reduced price tickets on Saturday. Since the game was called off, I couldn't be arsed. Doubt I'll go. Can't remember a home game I've actively just not bothered to attend in my 25+ year supporting Dundee.

Quite surprised by the apparent lack of interest in this, Though with it being the first game back, Scottish cup, club putting on buses there would be a decent crowd. I understand it's January and on the tele and although a weird kick off time, it makes for a good day out. canny beat football under the flood lights.

Weirdly, out of the group I normally go with, quite a few are missing this, which is normally unthinkable for an away game in the cup - looks like the 7:20pm kickoff could be another triumph.

It'll be interesting to see how the away support compares to the game a couple of years back that was a 3pm kick off (but a round later I think)...

1 hour ago, Swello said:

Weirdly, out of the group I normally go with, quite a few are missing this, which is normally unthinkable for an away game in the cup - looks like the 7:20pm kickoff could be another triumph.

It'll be interesting to see how the away support compares to the game a couple of years back that was a 3pm kick off (but a round later I think)...

someone mentioned that they had hear we had sold 800 tickets as of friday, not sure how that compares? so say those 800, combined with maybe another two hundred between now and those punters paying at the gate?

We rarely take less than 1000 to away Scottish cup games unless capacity is an issue. 

The KO time and fact it is on BBC May put some off, but I am firmly in the camp that it adds to the anticipation and excitement. Unless we lose of course. Looking forward to a night in Dundee assuming we win...even if we lose I will have consumed a sh1t load of booze to help cushion the blow. 

Edited by welldaft

4 hours ago, welldaft said:

We rarely take less than 1000 to away Scottish cup games unless capacity is an issue. 

I doubt capacity will be an issue come Saturday night...

I'm sure if Motherwell could be trusted to bring enough, you'd get 3 sides. I don't expect many Dees showing up.

On ‎13‎/‎01‎/‎2020 at 17:53, welldaft said:

The KO time and fact it is on BBC May put some off, but I am firmly in the camp that it adds to the anticipation and excitement.

I was in this camp until we tried to arrange our day.

Ended up just a few of us in a motor now.

I’ve only just noticed the kick off time for this one. Shows my level of interest for the game. Is someone having a laugh though? 7.20 on a Saturday? I don’t think I’ve ever heard of a kick off time like that.

3-0 Motherwell and Dundee to register 0 shots on target.