Scottish Cup 4th Round Dra'

jamamafegan

90%? Explain your workings.

I said ‘about 90%’ and wasn’t being entirely accurate. However, there are going to be 32 teams in this round, potentially 21 teams ranked ‘above’ Raith, and 4 more ‘low crowd’ sides in your league that you’ll play 4 other times a year. Then you have Auchinleck and Bonnyrigg who aren’t likely to produce a big crowd, but have a fair chance of beating you. Take out the Old Firm and that’s 25 out of the 31 sides you could face that are ‘shite draws’ apparently.

The cup is the cup, go and enjoy a zero-pressure game against a Premiership side (that has won once since August btw) and stop greeting about crowds.

Aberdeen away. Would've preferred a more winnable tie but at least we avoided drawing a diddy club like ICT and will stand to make some cash from our tie.

Given you support Dumbarton, I’m not sure any tie is ‘winnable’ to be honest.

A strange post from a strange poster.

I count at least 11 teams in there that Raith would definitely fancy their chances against and that’s discounting the winners of Arbroath/Talbot and Morton/Brora, the winners of which Raith would also be looking to win.

Personally I would rather have taken Rangers or Celtic and grab the pay day than play Ross County again. It’s a game we’ll probably lose and we’ll see no great financial reward for either. Such is the luck of the draw though.

That’s fair enough, but you’re always highly likely to get a ‘shite draw’ going by their logic. Not many clubs in Scotland have big crowds, and when you’re in League One, there’s not going to be many winnable games.

This is quite some heads gone from Tarmo, and over an absolutely beige post that wasn’t even directed at his club (but he’s so bitter about their lack of fans that he’s applied it to them).
Great stuff.

Yeah, I’m aware of your obsession to go on to the heads gone thread and label absolutely everything a heads gone, despite having one on there a few weeks ago about Rab.

All I’ve said is absolutely true. The Raith fan is crying because he never got to be piped by the Old Firm or draw a non-league team. If you’re labelling 25 out of 31 teams in the draw as ‘shite draws’ then Scottish Football probably isn’t for you.

17 hours ago, The Master said:

Partick Thistle v Celtic and Sevco v Stranraer will certainly be on Premier Sports on the Saturday and Sunday.

Dundee Utd v Hibs looks likely as the BBC’s first game on the Saturday or Sunday on BBC1.

Dundee v Motherwell looks like the next best for BBC Scotland on the Friday or Monday night with a god-awful 7.05pm kick-off (please no), but maybe an outside chance of Auchinleck v Falkirk, if that’s what transpires given last season’s 4th round pick. Although there was the “Ayrshire derby” factor with that.

I can understand the BBC picking Dundee v  Motherwell in isolation, but given they'll also pick Utd v Hibs, it wouldn't really capture the diversity of teams in R4. Unfortunately, our public broadcaster doesn't often behave like it has that obligation, though to be fair they've had decent picks in R1 to R3. Auchinleck v Falkirk would be good, though it can't be an evening ko. Arbroath v Falkirk would be fine, too, though having L1 diddies Falkirk in consecutive rounds doesn't seem like a good idea. I think I'd even prefer Ayr v Ross County to Dundee v Motherwell.

Edited by bendan

1 minute ago, Tarmo Kink said:

Yeah, I’m aware of your obsession to go on to the heads gone thread and label absolutely everything a heads gone, despite having one on there a few weeks ago about Rab.

All I’ve said is absolutely true. The Raith fan is crying because he never got to be piped by the Old Firm or draw a non-league team. If you’re labelling 25 out of 31 teams in the draw as ‘shite draws’ then Scottish Football probably isn’t for you.

Accuses others of exaggerating the extent at which people complain about things online.

Accuses another fan of crying after posting a throwaway comment on his teams Scottish Cup draw.

58 minutes ago, Tarmo Kink said:

I said ‘about 90%’ and wasn’t being entirely accurate. However, there are going to be 32 teams in this round, potentially 21 teams ranked ‘above’ Raith, and 4 more ‘low crowd’ sides in your league that you’ll play 4 other times a year. Then you have Auchinleck and Bonnyrigg who aren’t likely to produce a big crowd, but have a fair chance of beating you. Take out the Old Firm and that’s 25 out of the 31 sides you could face that are ‘shite draws’ apparently.

Absolute pish.

A shite draw from a Raith point of view would be St Mirren, Killie, ICT, Livi, Ross County, St Johnstone or Hamilton.

All of those are likely to knock us out, the crowd won't be high home or away and we don't have any sort of rivalry or grudge with them.

That's 7 out of 31.

All of the other ties are either winnable, will generate some cash, or a combination of both and therefor not pish.

It's you that is coming up with the figure of 25 'shite draws' not any Raith fans.

Edited by stevoraith

Absolute pish.
A shite draw from a Raith point of view would be St Mirren, Killie, ICT, Livi, Ross County, St Johnstone or Hamilton.
All of those are likely to knock us out, the crowd won't be high home or away and we don't have any sort of rivalry or grudge with them.
That's 7 out of 31.
All of the other ties are either winnable, will generate some cash, or a combination of both and therefor not pish.

It's you that is coming up with the figure of 25 'shite draws' not any Raith fans.

So Motherwell, Dundee, Ayr, Partick Thistle, Alloa? Are these ‘winnable’ or ‘will generate some cash’? The answer is neither.

I got the 25 number from the amount of teams in the draw that are either above you (so should be expected to beat you) or in the same league as you (so should surely be shite tie considering you play them 4 times a year?) and high risk/low reward ties like Auchinleck and Bonnyrigg.

19 minutes ago, Tarmo Kink said:

So Motherwell, Dundee, Ayr, Partick Thistle, Alloa? Are these ‘winnable’ or ‘will generate some cash’? The answer is neither.

You don't think Raith could win against Thistle or Alloa on a good day? Both Elgin City and Edinburgh City beat Alloa in the last year or so, albeit on penalties. Thistle is sitting in the automatic relegation slot in the Championship. Raith might, or might not, be the favourites against either, but every now and again they'll be able to get a result. There have been far worse cup upsets than someone in the top three of a league beating one of the two tail-enders of the league above.

And a quick look at attendance statistics suggests that Dundee and Ayr bring along some of the higher away crowds to Stark's Park, at least as of a couple years ago when they last played.

Edited by Aim Here

You don't think Raith could win against Thistle or Alloa on a good day? Both Elgin City and Edinburgh City beat Alloa in the last year or so, albeit on penalties. Thistle is sitting in the automatic relegation slot in the Championship. Raith might, or might not, be the favourites against either, but every now and again they'll be able to get a result. There have been far worse cup upsets than someone in the top three of a league beating one of the two tail-enders of the league above.

I think Raith could beat anybody outside the Old Firm on a good day, in a one off cup tie. It was more his strange selection of what was a shite tie, excluding 4th in the Premiership Motherwell and 2nd in the Championship Ayr, but including ourselves (3rd in the Championship) for example.

I simply pointed out that it was a typical comment commonly used by fans when they know they aren’t going to win, so they have to find some other way to have a dig. I made a mockery of the so-called thought process behind his comment and several no-mark posters have come on the thread drowning in their own tears because they know it’s true. It’s simple stuff really.

21 minutes ago, Tarmo Kink said:

I got the 25 number from the amount of teams in the draw that are either above you (so should be expected to beat you) or in the same league as you (so should surely be shite tie considering you play them 4 times a year?) and high risk/low reward ties like Auchinleck and Bonnyrigg.

You’ve lost the plot here. How on earth would Talbot or Bonnyrigg be considered a shite draw? You’ve taken a comment about a shite draw (which Livi away 100% is) and applied it to ICT (which I think most would enjoy a trip to tbh) and gotten utterly seething. Bizarre.

St Mirren, Ross County, Livingston, Alloa, ICT, Dundee Utd, St Johnstone, Hamilton, Partick, Dundee, Arbroath and Morton (if they get through) would be shite draws for a Championship/top League 1 team as they’re either same league or league above with low fan bases bringing no money, so that’s 10-12 shite teams out of 32. Even getting one at home makes it more winnable, but Raith got them away where they’ll get beat and make nothing. It’s a bizarre argument you’re making because you appear to be quite upset at ICT’s lack of fans.

You’ve lost the plot here. How on earth would Talbot or Bonnyrigg be considered a shite draw? You’ve taken a comment about a shite draw (which Livi away 100% is) and applied it to ICT (which I think most would enjoy a trip to tbh) and gotten utterly seething. Bizarre.

St Mirren, Ross County, Livingston, Alloa, ICT, Dundee Utd, St Johnstone, Hamilton, Partick, Dundee, Arbroath and Morton (if they get through) would be shite draws for a Championship/top League 1 team as they’re either same league or league above with low fan bases bringing no money, so that’s 10-12 shite teams out of 32. Even getting one at home makes it more winnable, but Raith got them away where they’ll get beat and make nothing.

Except that you (like the other fan) have randomly excluded sides like Motherwell and Ayr which brings you up to 16 out of 31 possible teams. That’s the absolute minimum amount of ‘shite draws’ you can get by that logic and you’re already at over half of the teams.

That’s before you add in that Aberdeen, Hibs or Hearts against Raith isn’t really going to be a bumper crowd, and that Auchinleck and Bonnyrigg are ‘low crowd’ games coming with high risk.

You’re better off just admitting that you’re shite, and aren’t going to win the game rather that attempting to have a Falkirk-esque crowd dig. If you care equally about what the club makes from a cup tie as you do about the result, then you’re doing it entirely wrong.

It’s a bizarre argument you’re making because you appear to be quite upset at ICT’s lack of fans.

Yes, that’ll be why I’m totally rubbishing the ‘fans’ argument. Solid logic. Our ‘lack of fans’ is also more than your amount of fans as well, but nice try. You’re obviously still feeling the side effects of being dotted by Rab.

11 minutes ago, Tarmo Kink said:

That’s before you add in that Aberdeen, Hibs or Hearts against Raith isn’t really going to be a bumper crowd

There was 9,000 at Pittodrie to watch Aberdeen vs Stenhousemuir in this round last year, that's roughly 9 times the normal crowd Raith would see at Starks Park. Perhaps not a bumper crowd but it's a hell of a lot more than League 1 sides can dream of.

There was 9,000 at Pittodrie to watch Aberdeen vs Stenhousemuir in this round last year, that's roughly 9 times the normal crowd Raith would see at Starks Park. Perhaps not a bumper crowd but it's a hell of a lot more than League 1 sides can dream of.

There was 3000+ at Partick vs Penicuik and going by your calculations Kilmarnock and St. Mirren would provide around 5 times the normal crowd Raith see. Going by average attendances, Livi should provide 4 times the normal crowd.

So are these really ‘shite draws’, or are they just teams that are likely to beat Raith and aren’t Rangers or Celtic? I think it’s the latter. Crowd wanking is just an easy defence.

7 minutes ago, Tarmo Kink said:

There was 3000+ at Partick vs Penicuik and going by your calculations Kilmarnock and St. Mirren would provide around 5 times the normal crowd Raith see. Going by average attendances, Livi should provide 4 times the normal crowd.

So are these really ‘shite draws’, or are they just teams that are likely to beat Raith and aren’t Rangers or Celtic? I think it’s the latter. Crowd wanking is just an easy defence.

Livi's average attendance is inflated by away crowds this season though, they get similar numbers through the home gate to Raith, a game between those two would be lucky to break 1,800 IMO. A "shite draw" is entirely a subjective thing, I really don't know why this has annoyed you.