Scottish Cup 4th Round Dra'

jamamafegan

What an absolute dumpster fire Tarmo Kink has produced here.
Making a mental note to vote him worst Caley poster of the year for this meltdown alone.

Thankfully for him we’ve not had such a thread on the Championship forum for a wee while.

1 hour ago, eez-eh said:

Looking at last season: two Saturday 3PM kick-offs at home to St Johnstone and Hamilton had crowds of 1615 and 1342 respectively. That gives a far better indication of what Livi will get for a game like this.

Where are you getting that figure? We played Hamilton in this round last season and the crowd was over 2,300.

We played Brechin at home in the Cup this season, a crowd of 1,497. They've only had 2 crowds over 500 all season, so thats over three times what they get in the league, on average.

Our home game against East Fife last season saw a crowd of 1,687, They only got higher crowds against Raith in the league, with the average being around 750, so you're looking at double their usual.

Understand what people are getting at, but its patently untrue to paint clubs like St Johnstone as dreadful away ties for part time sides, generally they'll see crowds at least double what they're used to.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Where are you getting that figure? We played Hamilton in this round last season and the crowd was over 2,300.

We played Brechin at home in the Cup this season, a crowd of 1,497. They've only had 2 crowds over 500 all season, so thats over three times what they get in the league, on average.

Our home game against East Fife last season saw a crowd of 1,687, They only got higher crowds against Raith in the league, with the average being around 750, so you're looking at double their usual.

Understand what people are getting at, but its patently untrue to paint clubs like St Johnstone as dreadful away ties for part time sides, generally they'll see crowds at least double what they're used to.

Those figures are from 2 Livi home games from last season - nothing to do with St Johnstone cup ties.

2 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

Those figures are from 2 Livi home games from last season - nothing to do with St Johnstone cup ties.

Ah, I completely misread the post, ignore my rambling.

Would off been happy with saints away been a good few years since I was up in Perth as missed the game in the betfred a few seasons ago.

1 hour ago, Sanity check needed. said:
1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Would off been happy with saints away been a good few years since I was up in Perth as missed the game in the betfred a few seasons ago.

That’s HAVE. You would HAVE been happy.  FFS, “would OFF’ is even more unforgivable than the usual ‘would OF’. 

The missing punctuation later in the post can be addressed another time, let’s get the more offensive error seen to first.

That’s HAVE. You would HAVE been happy.  FFS, “would OFF’ is even more unforgivable than the usual ‘would OF’. 
The missing punctuation later in the post can be addressed another time, let’s get the more offensive error seen to first.
Be quick, you still have time to fix your quotation marks in line two, nobody else may have noticed.

18 hours ago, Tarmo Kink said:

This is just rambling nonsense. All you’ve done is take every other side apart from Livingston and made up a reason why they aren’t a shite draw. You could do the exact same for Livi. Absolutely no logic provided here.

Do you understand what logic means?

I haven't 'made up a reason', I've explained for each side why they would not be a shite draw (bigger crowd/ good chance of winning/ someplace we've not been before etc).

All perfectly valid reasons for a certain draw being less shit than another one.

In fact- I can't think of better reasons- but obvioulsy your 'logic' (whatever that is) does not agree.

I’ve offered the opinion that by their logic, around half of the draw is apparently shite for them. I’ve been met by several posters with different opinions, but providing no valid arguments to back up their opinion. Pretty simple stuff.

Quite the opposite.  You've offered your opinion which completely ignores and contradicts the generally accepted logic in this thread over what consitutes a shite draw.

I said ‘around half of the draw’ which does not include Hearts, Hibs, Aberdeen. But that’s a solid deflection by you, back to throwaway comment I previously made and described as inaccurate. 0 valid arguments from you once again, and until anyone can provide one this will go round in the same loop.

21 hours ago, Tarmo Kink said:

I said ‘about 90%’ and wasn’t being entirely accurate. However, there are going to be 32 teams in this round, potentially 21 teams ranked ‘above’ Raith, and 4 more ‘low crowd’ sides in your league that you’ll play 4 other times a year. Then you have Auchinleck and Bonnyrigg who aren’t likely to produce a big crowd, but have a fair chance of beating you. Take out the Old Firm and that’s 25 out of the 31 sides you could face that are ‘shite draws’ apparently.

So which did you say?  'Around half' or 'about 90%'?

Or maybe they are the same by your logic?

Anyway, I lose. You win.  You are clearly correct and everyone else is wrong.