MixuFixit

Flyerwatch 2019

Another flyer from Douglas Lumsden yesterday. The Tories are to blame for de-forestation on a massive scale with the number of flyers they're chucking out in Aberdeen South.

This time he has an ex Labour member, a LibDem and an independent councillor joining him to tell me that the only way to stop Nicola Sturgeon and indyref2 is to vote Tory.

Tory flyer in Edinburgh West. Perhaps it's just me, but there seems to be something somewhat misleading about that graph....

79081614_475308643342366_225425145832721

Update

0 visits

1 SNP and 1 Green leaflet received today.
0 visits

Leaflets now stand at 1 SNP and 1 Green (Unaddressed) plus 2 Labour, both addressed personally to my Mrs.

Banff and Buchan:

2 SNP and 3 Tory. Nothing from Lib Dems or Labour. 

I've also seen a few 'vote conservative to stop Indy ref 2' signs in farmers fields.  

It'll be close but I think the Tories will hold on to Banff and Buchan. 

Today received my first non-SNP leaflets.

One from the Lib Dems stating "Jo Swinson is the most popular party leader across the UK", presumably based on a poll of deaf people and Willie Rennie.

And one from the Greens which, to their credit, doesn't do what every other party leaflet does and say "vote us because we're not them" and actually has ideas on it. Still won't vote for them, but it was rather refreshing.

Is there no way of telling them I've already voted so stop bombarding me with flyers?

Tories are way out in front in terms of numbers because they think they might lose. SNP have had a few and one from LibDems. Seems that Labour have given up on this seat. None from them.

Big pile through our close door today. Tories, Greens, and one Labour, although that was adressed directly to a girl in one of the other flats who is a Lib Dem activist, so f**k knows what's going on there.

I've been involved with the SNP campaign in the Motherwell & Wishaw constituency so I have an insight into the work involved in the leafleting & lettering etc.

In the constituency there are about 42000 households. So far, since the GE campaign started, there has been 30000 flyers and 18000 letters delivered by hand by volunteers. All these letters were sorted and put in to envelopes by hand. In addition there has also been letters sent out direct from SNP HQ mainly to people that have registered to do a postal vote. Approximately 8500 individual households have been canvassed. Still work to do in the next week in the lead-up to polling day

Edited by jock_the_squak
spelling

Got one each from Labour, Lib Dem’s and the Tories today.

The tories included the bizarre claim that “only they can beat the SNP here” - despite the fact that it’s a Lib Dem held seat and the tories haven’t even beaten the Lib Dem’s in Edinburgh West since 1992...

So far I've had SNP,  Labour, Lib Dems, Green and Farmfoods.

All with tackling the climate crisis as a main issue.

Both Labour and SNP wanting to scrap universal credit.

Lewis Ian Whyte (Labour) wants more affordable houses in the area, 5600 people either on the waiting list for a council house or are homeless.

Drew Hendry (SNP) saying the Highlands could lose 320m in EU funding over the coming years due to a bad Brexit.

Denis Rixon (Lib Dems) leaflet is about Jo Swinson (one and a half pages) and half a page on himself, half a page on climate change and a wee bit on the back page about how the Lib Dems are winning. Not much else.

I can't find the Green one, probably chucked it out.

Farmfoods promise great deals on multipacks and frozen foods like £4.99 for 12 tins of Heinz baked beans plus there's vouchers.

No Tories yet.

Got the first today, SNP (Dundee East) wee pics of Hosie (the MP) and what he's done locally. Had to sign for something so ended up talking to the postie and he said "it's just been this week really that I've had to put stuff through"

Driving from south Pertshire to Angus and nowhere near as many Tory signs as usual Usually farm to farm would have up VOTE SCOTTISH CONSERVATIVE etc ; but only seen one. No doubt they are all near the motorway or inland ; then again counting signs is a mug's game (there were hundreds of Yes signs) and we all ken the result ; still would be lovely if some of the fermers are having a long hard think about their blind support.

There is indeed a lack of signs in farmers fields this time around.Ive been up n down a few times to Phd and back.But the signs are normally put up by the "landlord" and not the tennant farmer themselves

Got the first today, SNP (Dundee East) wee pics of Hosie (the MP) and what he's done locally. Had to sign for something so ended up talking to the postie and he said "it's just been this week really that I've had to put stuff through"
Driving from south Pertshire to Angus and nowhere near as many Tory signs as usual Usually farm to farm would have up VOTE SCOTTISH CONSERVATIVE etc ; but only seen one. No doubt they are all near the motorway or inland ; then again counting signs is a mug's game (there were hundreds of Yes signs) and we all ken the result ; still would be lovely if some of the fermers are having a long hard think about their blind support.

41 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Lewis Ian Whyte (Labour) wants more affordable houses in the area, 5600 people either on the waiting list for a council house or are homeless.

I liked his one, a few policies and nothing about indy2 or the SNP. The Tory one had nothing but, no policies and no mention of Brexit.

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

I liked his one, a few policies and nothing about indy2 or the SNP. The Tory one had nothing but, no policies and no mention of Brexit.

I've seen the Tory one which was posted through my fathers letter box and it's a mess. At first glance with all that yellow and a picture of our glorious Führerin it was another SNP flyer, its only when it was unfolded did it reveal Dr Fiona Fawcett as our Scottish Conservative candidate for our area. It's like the Tories have given up hope up here and BoJo the Class Clown has ordered his minions to spoil and debunk the SNP as much as possible instead of focusing on what they can do for us.

The Scottish Conservatives have an almost Old Firm like obsession with their Scottish Nationalist rivals.

Edited by Snafu

Labour are just too weak to beat the SNP here. Here being Kirkcaldy and Cowdenbeath where Labour hold the seat and where the SNP candidate has been dropped. Great stuff from the car crash Tories. Seriously, if you vote Tory you need to have a good long look in the mirror. You are a class A fanny.

DCB3D0CE-8560-42F3-A823-2FDC0197CF1A.jpeg

5035153F-AFEB-43DF-9172-CD30C33DDD8B.jpeg

Labour are just too weak to beat the SNP here. Here being Kirkcaldy and Cowdenbeath where Labour hold the seat and where the SNP candidate has been dropped. Great stuff from the car crash Tories. Seriously, if you vote Tory you need to have a good long look in the mirror. You are a class A fanny.
DCB3D0CE-8560-42F3-A823-2FDC0197CF1A.jpeg.52204c4999fd46322914a3032d9eb7dd.jpeg
5035153F-AFEB-43DF-9172-CD30C33DDD8B.jpeg.45a2fb69cd92e69016a87c87d22e064d.jpeg

She's that struck off teacher is she not?