MixuFixit

Flyerwatch 2019

I'm posting this as I'm interested in how much effort the various parties are putting in to shoeleather campaigning for this GE. Post & update as things come in.

Constituency:

Ochil & South Perthshire

Canvassing visits:

• SNP: 0
  • Tory vermin: 0
  • Labour: 0
  • Libdem: 0
  • UKIP: 0
 Flyers:   

• SNP: 3
  • Tory vermin: 9
  • Labour: 0
  • Libdem: 1
  • UKIP: 1

Edited by MixuFixit
Hi tu

My dad - a longtime Labour voter did his bit yesterday.

He invited Tory canvassers into his house (in Carnoustie) - wasted a good 15-20 minutes of their time - then told them he was using his postal vote (he's away on holiday during the election) to vote for the SNP.

The look on their faces was priceless apparently!!

So far I’ve had 1 Lib Dem flyer and that’s it. Disappointed with that tbh. I’m in Edinburgh North & Leith constituency.

1 SNP flyer, 0 from anyone else. 

No canvassing visits from anyone as yet. I'm usually out working during the day anyway. My fiancee would quite like the Tory melt (Kirstene Hair) to visit so she can ask her why she continually champions the Tories welfare policies which have seen her have to go through a distressing appeal process for PIP. 

I was through in Corran at the weekend. Looks like Blackford is going for it. Plenty of flyers up on lampposts and saw his canvassers our in Fort William in the pishing rain. Very few Tory or LolDem flyers. On the way back there's a huge Stephen Kerr flyer on the way into Lochearnhead simply saying STEPHEN KERR TO STOP INDYREF2

We have had about 19 Lib Dem leaflets, letters and flyers. 1 SNP. The SNP canvassed last weekend but I didn't answer the door as I had my wee boy asleep in my arms. Blackford has the ground support here but the Lib Dems are spending money on their leaflets anyway!

1 hour ago, Andrew Wells said:

I'm in Inverclyde and have only had one from the Labour branch office.

Add the SNP to this after their early risers got the leaflet in.

1 SNP, 2 Tory. Not sure one of them counts because it was for Ross Thomson the weekend be 'stepped down'.

Nothing from anyone else.

We have had about 19 Lib Dem leaflets, letters and flyers. 1 SNP. The SNP canvassed last weekend but I didn't answer the door as I had my wee boy asleep in my arms. Blackford has the ground support here but the Lib Dems are spending money on their leaflets anyway!

19! Sounds like they're doing a Richmond. Seems like my suspicion that the SNP aren't getting by off their arse around the country as far as canvassing is going. Not good sign.

19! Sounds like they're doing a Richmond. Seems like my suspicion that the SNP aren't getting by off their arse around the country as far as canvassing is going. Not good sign.
I imagine efforts will be stepped up once the manifesto is unveiled then the SNP will be chapping doors.

So far, I've only had one labour leaflet and nothing from anyone else down here in Airdrie and Shotts.

I imagine efforts will be stepped up once the manifesto is unveiled then the SNP will be chapping doors.

So far, I've only had one labour leaflet and nothing from anyone else down here in Airdrie and Shotts.

Not enough time imo. When I've done door chapping you get wee ideas about what folks concerns are a long way out then follow up with manifesto promises that match those at a repeat visit. I can't see that happening at this stage.

Coatbridge, Chryston and Bellshill is my seat.

Had one SNP flyer and nothing else. No canvassing either. My street is hidden from plain sight next to a main road, so most people probably don't even know it exists. 

SNP have been absolutely hammering Coatbridge in terms of canvassing going by social media. 

Constituency:

East Renfrewshire

Canvassing visits: 0

Flyers:

• SNP: 0
  • Tory vermin: 3
  • Labour: 1
  • Libdem: 0
  • UKIP: 0

While I'm unsure as to the impact that flyers still retain, I still really expected a bigger SNP drive in the area.  Paul Masterton is campaigning with Boris' Brexit in a 74% remain area, and outwith the wing of Ruth Davidson.  I'm sincerely hoping we don't see this as regretful complacency in three weeks time.

Edited by Estragon

i am sure i saw somewhere that the Lib Dems got a slap on the wrist from the electoral commision last time out because they over spent there budget?

well so far the last few days i have had 4 lib dems leaflets with Jo swinson all over them and a tiny bit on the back from whoever is standing.

guessing that limit is getting breached again.

4 hours ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

Lib Dem number 20 today and a second from the SNP. 

24 minutes ago, steelmen said:

i am sure i saw somewhere that the Lib Dems got a slap on the wrist from the electoral commision last time out because they over spent there budget?

well so far the last few days i have had 4 lib dems leaflets with Jo swinson all over them and a tiny bit on the back from whoever is standing.

guessing that limit is getting breached again.

I'd have thought they'd be better off hiding Swinson and concentrating on the local candidate. Just one letter from SNP here with a postal vote application form.

5 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I'd have thought they'd be better off hiding Swinson and concentrating on the local candidate. Just one letter from SNP here with a postal vote application form.

considering the candidate won last time i would agree with you, but they seem to be going down the Ruth Davidson route of ignore the party and it's polices our leader is awesome.

Only one flyer so far from the SNP, although we also received postal voting forms from the sitting (SNP) MP.

Apparently some chinless young Tories have been seen around in an armoured-plated Hummer, whilst Labour are again running their campaign from the  local cemetery.

Looking forward to the leaflet with a pic of Swinson in basque and fishnets, hand hovering over a big red button.

2 flyers from Labour for me, neither of which mention Brexit!

None from anyone else.

Only one flyer so far. From the SNP and addressed to the Mrs( who is English).
Nothing from any of the other parties yet though I know who I am voting for so it would not make any difference anyway.