St Mirren vs Hibs

36 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Personally, I’m not confused at all. I saw with my own eyes St Mirren create multiple good chances. The fact that Magennis missed the header, Mullen hit the post, Obika froze, and we muffed shots and put in some poor final balls is the galling part. How many good opportunities do you reckon we created last night? As I said, I’ve seen many shitfests from us at home, where we created the square root of F-all. Last night I stand by my view that we put in a decent performance - perhaps our decentness in the second half kept Hibs on the back foot for most of it? Can’t remember Hladky being very busy in the second half - or is that just down to Hibs being poor?

Wasn't meaning to come across as condescending, apologies if you've read it like that.

I felt that aside from Mullen's chance and Magennis' rotten header, we didn't actually create a lot of clean cut chances in a second half where we had a LOT of territory. I certainly felt at no point we were putting Hibs under the sort of sustained pressure that their poor performance merited. 

For as bad as Hibs were, we didn't look at any point like we had out foot on their throats when we really, really should have. Everything just seemed a bit sluggish and pedestrian from us and I'm a bit miffed at that. 

13 minutes ago, CambieBud said:

Says a man from LEITH!!!!!
Irony indeed

You've  not been to Leith anytime recently, I take it. It's been gentrified to the max, and it's all bistros serving avocado on toast and luxury flats for young professionals nowadays. Get with the times, daddy-o.

Edited by Aim Here

1 hour ago, ron said:

Aye those SPFL highlights give a better reflection of the game. Nice push by Boyle in the penalty box. 

Just using his roided up up chest muscles to help dunt the poor unfortunate paisley chap over the line.

9 minutes ago, Crawford Bridge said:

"Hibs were there for the taking" is the type of tragic shit we used to see on Championship threads from serial losers like Morton and and Raith.

Come on Buddies, you're better than that.

Sad to say as I've got a lot of time for Buddies (in spite of everything I've previously said on this thread), but you're spot on with this.

Simply put, St Mirren Football Club are a gang of serial losers with a serial code strip to boot. Shame, but them's the facts.

3 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Personally, I’m not confused at all. I saw with my own eyes St Mirren create multiple good chances. The fact that Magennis missed the header, Mullen hit the post, Obika froze, and we muffed shots and put in some poor final balls is the galling part. How many good opportunities do you reckon we created last night? As I said, I’ve seen many shitfests from us at home, where we created the square root of F-all. Last night I stand by my view that we put in a decent performance - perhaps our decentness in the second half kept Hibs on the back foot for most of it? Can’t remember Hladky being very busy in the second half - or is that just down to Hibs being poor?

People wondering why there's such a big difference between our home and away form... this is it. At home we create a load of chances, and maybe take one of them. Possibly two on a very good day.

Away from home, the ratio is decimated. We are nowhere near clinical enough to take a goal from the two or three chances we create. Last night was a perfect example: 13 shots, three on target, one converted.

It's just got to improve.

49 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Last night was a perfect example: 13 shots, three on target, one converted.

Despite what the media will say "hes a winner" "hibs were lucky to have him" blah blah - this happened for months under Lennon and its the most utterly infuriating thing about his time at Hibs. So many games we had loads of possession, loads of chances, loads of shots - and the opposition scored from their two chances..........basically like last night.

Its one reason why we were in 8th position when he left us - and as you have spotted, Goodwin needs to change it, or you might be in soapy bubble.

3 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Wasn't meaning to come across as condescending, apologies if you've read it like that.

I felt that aside from Mullen's chance and Magennis' rotten header, we didn't actually create a lot of clean cut chances in a second half where we had a LOT of territory. I certainly felt at no point we were putting Hibs under the sort of sustained pressure that their poor performance merited. 

For as bad as Hibs were, we didn't look at any point like we had out foot on their throats when we really, really should have. Everything just seemed a bit sluggish and pedestrian from us and I'm a bit miffed at that. 

Didn’t think you were being condescending at all, just a difference of opinion, without which, there’s no point in forums! 😀

1 hour ago, HibsFan said:

Sad to say as I've got a lot of time for Buddies (in spite of everything I've previously said on this thread), but you're spot on with this.

Simply put, St Mirren Football Club are a gang of serial losers with a serial code strip to boot. Shame, but them's the facts.

I like your shite patter. It has a quality to it that makes me smile, a cut above most other shite patter. Keep up the good (shite) work. 😀

I like your shite patter. It has a quality to it that makes me smile, a cut above most other shite patter. Keep up the good (shite) work. [emoji3]

“Shite patter” must be Paisley/suburban Glasgow slang for box office posts, because that’s all I deliver on a regular basis.

13 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

“Shite patter” must be Paisley/suburban Glasgow slang for box office posts, because that’s all I deliver on a regular basis.

Indeed. Keep up the good wind-up work, a touch of class. Just a touch mind. 😀

Totally agree. Theres only so many times you can say you were unlucky

Despite what the media will say "hes a winner" "hibs were lucky to have him" blah blah - this happened for months under Lennon and its the most utterly infuriating thing about his time at Hibs. So many games we had loads of possession, loads of chances, loads of shots - and the opposition scored from their two chances..........basically like last night.
Its one reason why we were in 8th position when he left us - and as you have spotted, Goodwin needs to change it, or you might be in soapy bubble.

People wondering why there's such a big difference between our home and away form... this is it. At home we create a load of chances, and maybe take one of them. Possibly two on a very good day.
Away from home, the ratio is decimated. We are nowhere near clinical enough to take a goal from the two or three chances we create. Last night was a perfect example: 13 shots, three on target, one converted.
It's just got to improve.
At home 'we sit back and hit on the break' according to Goody then we push on in the second half. A tactic that is shit imho as we sit too deep and don't have the players to hit on the break. So we give ourselves the 45 mins of the second half to try and win a game.

Away games we 'sit back' for 90 mins giving ourselves no chance to win a game.