St Mirren vs Hibs

37 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Joking aside, there's a real lack of quality in the league outside the top two. You've got a good squad and, now, a manager to match. I reckon Easter Road will be buzzing by the end of the season.

FWIW, although we were/are rotten, last week's Hibs were the strongest visitors to McDairmid this year, and probably the strongest performance I've seen against us home or away outside the OF. In fact I'd say they were better than the Sevco we played, but it's not exactly a large sample, and Hibs were a lot more motivated. 

You'd think with a competent manager and maybe even some January squad bolstering they'll do very well. 

The buddies may well be in for a doing tonight. Kamberi's always been a big threat but if the Doige issue was really a Heckingbottom issue, which it' starting to look like, Hibs will be carrying a lot of goal threat.

16 minutes ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

FWIW, although we were/are rotten, last week's Hibs were the strongest visitors to McDairmid this year, and probably the strongest performance I've seen against us home or away outside the OF. In fact I'd say they were better than the Sevco we played, but it's not exactly a large sample, and Hibs were a lot more motivated. 

You'd think with a competent manager and maybe even some January squad bolstering they'll do very well. 

The buddies may well be in for a doing tonight. Kamberi's always been a big threat but if the Doige issue was really a Heckingbottom issue, which it' starting to look like, Hibs will be carrying a lot of goal threat.

Excellent,  guaranteed home win now.

16 minutes ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

Unfortunately for Hibs they appointed Jack Ross. A man who is so good at recognising talent that he got rid of attackers like Shankland, McMullen, and Hardie replacing them with Hippolyte and Foy and who pissed off top goalscorer Gavin Reilly to accommodate Danny Mullen. And who at Sunderland decided to sell their matchwinner and top goalscorer Josh Maja for an "undisclosed fee" and talented winger Joel Asoro, so he could replace them with Will Grigg, Lewis Morgan and Kezaiah Sterling. 

Unfortunately for Hibs they appointed Jack Ross. A man who is so good at recognising talent that he got rid of attackers like Shankland, McMullen, and Hardie replacing them with Hippolyte and Foy and who pissed off top goalscorer Gavin Reilly to accommodate Danny Mullen.

Quite the outburst. Reilly was decent, not as good as Danny Mullen. Mullen can cut it in the Premiership Reilly probably couldn’t. Rory Loy was a considerable upgrade on the 3 you mentioned. Paul McMullan is useless. Shankland was uninterested in that season, he failed at Morton as well if you remember. Hardie was a decent player, we didn’t play to his strengths. He wouldn’t have fitted in Jack Ross’ style of play like Loy did. Loy made a hell of a difference to us that season.
I think the main worry for Hibs fans should be that Jack Ross will probably have sent his CV round the houses already on the back on that 3-1 victory at the weekend.

Nice for a St Liedown supporter to finally get to see some hard effort.
You went full jambo, never go full jambo [emoji39].

The thread reeks of jealousy, it's not our fault we have the best looking manager in Scottish football [emoji7]. Hibees do have the 2nd best I'll gladly admit.

5 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

You went full jambo, never go full jambo emoji39.png.

The thread reeks of jealousy, it's not our fault we have the best looking manager in Scottish football emoji7.png. Hibees do have the 2nd best I'll gladly admit.

You know, every time I see a picture of him I think he gets better looking.

Hes like the Richard Gere of Scottish Football.

Spoiler

By which I mean he has frozen hamsters stuck up his jacksie

41 minutes ago, Malky3 said:

Unfortunately for Hibs they appointed Jack Ross. A man who is so good at recognising talent that he got rid of attackers like Shankland, McMullen, and Hardie replacing them with Hippolyte and Foy and who pissed off top goalscorer Gavin Reilly to accommodate Danny Mullen. And who at Sunderland decided to sell their matchwinner and top goalscorer Josh Maja for an "undisclosed fee" and talented winger Joel Asoro, so he could replace them with Will Grigg, Lewis Morgan and Kezaiah Sterling. 

Alex Rae launched McMullen, Shankland had a nightmare that season and ended up having to drop down a league to rebuild his career and Hardie was shite for us. Signing Rory Loy went a long way to helping us pull off one of the greatest escapes from relegation Scottish football has seen (him scoring the goal that kept us up) and setting us up to swagger to the title the season after under the brilliant management of Jack Ross and Danny Mullen scored the goals that kept us up last season. Apart from that though it's a great post Dicky, well done.

If we win tomorrow we go on to 14 points. 
By comparison, it took us until nearly March to amass such a haul last season. 

The improvement has been remarkable since last season.

As for this game, we certainly have nothing to fear from Hibs, we haven’t lost in Paisley since August and have played better teams than them in that run.

Will be another close one I think, a win would take us up to 7th and within 1 point of the top 6 and Hibs. I would like to see Andreu start in place of a Mullen and McAllister in for Magennis. We certainly looked better after those two came on as subs at the weekend so go with what works.

Will go for a mutually frustrating 1-1.

1 hour ago, GAD said:

Alex Rae launched McMullen, Shankland had a nightmare that season and ended up having to drop down a league to rebuild his career and Hardie was shite for us. Signing Rory Loy went a long way to helping us pull off one of the greatest escapes from relegation Scottish football has seen (him scoring the goal that kept us up) and setting us up to swagger to the title the season after under the brilliant management of Jack Ross and Danny Mullen scored the goals that kept us up last season. Apart from that though it's a great post Dicky, well done.

He's even resorted to making up shit about Ross' time at Sunderland this time 😂

40 minutes ago, Lex said:

The improvement has been remarkable since last season.

As for this game, we certainly have nothing to fear from Hibs, we haven’t lost in Paisley since August and have played better teams than them in that run.

Will be another close one I think, a win would take us up to 7th and within 1 point of the top 6 and Hibs. I would like to see Andreu start in place of a Mullen and McAllister in for Magennis. We certainly looked better after those two came on as subs at the weekend so go with what works.

Will go for a mutually frustrating 1-1.

Like who?

2 hours ago, Malky3 said:

A pretty comprehensive statement. Quite impressive that I disagree with the entire thing 🤣 Pretty sure mcmullan is still being rotten in the championship and what's world beater gavin reilly up to these days?