St Mirren vs Hibs

Hard to say how we should line up tomorrow.. with such a short turnaround after the weekend and the subs that came on having such a positive impact I think I'd be tempted to change it slightly.. maybe Mallan and Horgan in for Slivka and Newell?

31 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

If we win tomorrow we go on to 14 points. 

By comparison, it took us until nearly March to amass such a haul last season. 

See Alan Stubbs for that mess. As soon as Oran/Owen Kearney had a transfer window the performances and then results improved.  

41 minutes ago, Munoz said:

See Alan Stubbs for that mess. As soon as Oran/Owen Kearney had a transfer window the performances and then results improved.  

Keep trying to blame a Scottish Cup winning manager for your shambles of a permanent yo-yo club. RossWithIt.gif.6619adf636e12517a3e95e61ef295f05.gif

48 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

Keep trying to blame a Scottish Cup winning manager for your shambles of a permanent yo-yo club.

To be fair to Stubbs, he hasn't been responsible for any of the three relegations we've suffered in my lifetime (40 years). I tend to blame Davie Hay, the SPL, and Tommy Craig for those, respectively.

Who do you blame for Hibs' three relegations in the same period, just out of interest?

Edited by Coventry Saint

4 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

To be fair to Stubbs, he hasn't been responsible for any of the three relegations we've suffered in my lifetime (40 years). I tend to blame Davie Hay, the SPL, and Tommy Craig for those, respectively.

Who do you blame for Hibs' three relegations in the same period, just out of interest?

Global Warming, Reality TV and Terry Butcher. In that order.

3 hours ago, conboyhibs said:

Hard to say how we should line up tomorrow.. with such a short turnaround after the weekend and the subs that came on having such a positive impact I think I'd be tempted to change it slightly.. maybe Mallan and Horgan in for Slivka and Newell?

Would be tempted to draft the Hibs ladies in for this fixture, but not sure they could adjust to the weaker opposition after Sundays cup final.

1 hour ago, Coventry Saint said:

Being a feeder club for the ‘Old Firm’ must have had an effect on Hibs’ fortunes, just as us being a feeder club for, well, for anyone bigger and better off financially than us, affects us.

I like Hibs. I’m looking forward to the game. A few Hibbee wallopers trying too hard to be quality WUMs on here (and failing), doesn’t alter the fact that I’ve never known any bad blood between Buddies and Hibbees, and the ex-Saints they have in their ranks will receive a decent welcome to the Twenny Twenny Wan Simple Digital Paisley City of Culture Smurrrnn Park Dinkydome.

5-0 Saints. Obika, Naismith O.G., Mallan O.G, Pat Stanton O.G, Hladky (penalty, 90+5 mins).

4 minutes ago, Dominique Malonga said:

There’s not many clubs in Scotland with the same religious beliefs and general outlook which is a crying shame.

Celtic of Glasgow, Hibernian and St Mirren all sing from the same hymn sheet so you’ll never hear me say a bad word about St Mirren.

More power to them.

As I was saying. Wallopers and failed WUMs. 😀

17 minutes ago, Dominique Malonga said:

There’s not many clubs in Scotland with the same religious beliefs and general outlook which is a crying shame.

Celtic of Glasgow, Hibernian and St Mirren all sing from the same hymn sheet so you’ll never hear me say a bad word about St Mirren.

More power to them.

Funny that, ex Rangers, Hearts and DU forward Iain Ferguson said the same very thing to me when I punted him a couple of my old work vehicles a few years back... Although he wasn't as complementary, he said he fcuking dispised all 3 clubs.