Dundee v Queens

I'm not a neutral and I thought it was hilarious.

Actually if it gets McPake out the door the utter shambles that it was might prove a bonus.

If it had stayed 1-1 it would have been all dressed up as the team "showing character" and "keeping going right to the end," not forgetting "I couldnae ask for any more from the players", all of which would have been total pish.

If I were a neutral I'd have deemed that hilarious.
We didn't deserve anything from that. McPake has to go. And he can take Forster and Mackie with him.

37 minutes ago, Tam said:

Fair question. He is irreplaceable and the best forward I have seen playing for us in over 50yrs. We did OK after he left for Swansea and the hope would be we would do OK again. However, his goals kept us up last season and it speaks volumes for him and his love of the club that a) he returned and b) he lives in NW and commutes to train and play. A special player.

Indeed he is.

A much needed 3 points. It doesn't make up for last week but for the players to get a winner after conceding a last minute equaliser certainly makes the "the players don't care" shouts from last week look OTT. Good on them.

We really need to continue with a win next week.

Thought we deserved the win but utterly bizarre last 2 minutes.

Dundee had more possession but not much idea what to do with it. I thought we looked more likely to score another, and we defended competently.

The Dundee equaliser, however unexpected, was a screamer, we were behind it and it was top corner all the way.

From kick-off, we played it back to Brownlie (?) who just wellied it’s up the park, a tactic which has failed every time, up until now. Foster had a number of options but he simply made a complete hash of it, Dobbs dispossessed him a scored with an exquisite dunk. Mass hysteria in the away support.

No failures today, but Kilday back makes a difference. Osman steadied the ship in the middle, Lyon and Pybus grafted away.

Enjoying a wine....

1 hour ago, dd23 said:

I'm not a neutral and I thought it was hilarious.

Agreed. I was reduced to a sort of incredulous laughter. That and repeatedly screeching "What the f**k?!" That finale was, if nothing else, certainly memorable.

I do feel slightly sorry for Forster, as he tries hard and he's brave as a lion. Unfortunately though, the lion would win hands down when it comes to first touch, positional awareness and cross-field passing.

12 minutes ago, QOSQOS said:

Thought we deserved the win but utterly bizarre last 2 minutes.

Dundee had more possession but not much idea what to do with it. I thought we looked more likely to score another, and we defended competently.

The Dundee equaliser, however unexpected, was a screamer, we were behind it and it was top corner all the way.

From kick-off, we played it back to Brownlie (?) who just wellied it’s up the park, a tactic which has failed every time, up until now. Foster had a number of options but he simply made a complete hash of it, Dobbs dispossessed him a scored with an exquisite dunk. Mass hysteria in the away support.

No failures today, but Kilday back makes a difference. Osman steadied the ship in the middle, Lyon and Pybus grafted away.

Enjoying a wine....

dunk? it was a dink!

3 hours ago, Juantwothree said:

It wont, it's the manager not the players

You're probably right but sadly it won't stop the board throwing a fortune at it, pretty pathetic that a team like Dundee can't give 2 points a game a wee fright in this league.

Edited by ayrmad

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

Question for Doonhamers at the last two league matches.  Did Queens play better than they did against us or were Dundee just poor?

A little from column A, a little from column B

We look a far better side defensively with Kilday at the back and El Bakhtaoui makes a big difference going forward. 

Dundee had  a lot of possession but have no cutting edge at all, despite the Dees TV commentators fawning over Hemmings. They didnt look any worse than Utd in possession but had no clue how to break down a defence and dont have the quality up front that Utd have. Two shots on target in 90 minutes tells its own story

Edited by Mr X