Dunfermline Athletic vs Partick Thistle

Stevenson, Harkins, Balatoni, El Alagui, Thomas, O’Connell, Ross are just a few duds and expensive mistakes McCall made. Yes he did unearth a few gems, but he also brought in his fair share of shite. 
Partick and McCalls problem in January is being able to shift the shite, but replace it with decent signings. Who is actually available that wants to play for a team rock bottom?

I would argue his record was much better after the switch to FT football. Apart from a few iffy loan signings. Our entire team for the last 18 months was made up of his signings along with Forrest and Crawford.

As to the second part of your post, I don’t see who they sign in January. I’m also not convinced McCall is going to get rid of the likes of Bannigan, O’Ware or Miller.

Why do I pay full price for entertainment, only to have an official decide that for 85 minutes one team has to have 10 players while the other has 11? Driving away potential fans to slake an official's need to display his power! (I thought that somewhere in the higher echelons of the institutionalised corruption that is football, someone realised that the double punishment of a penalty and a red card was excessive.) The referee should pay 85/90 of the entry fee back to each fan that complains! [emoji35]

My late father used to say that a compulsory substitution would be a better option. For those of us with real lives to get on with, the minutiae of rule changes aren't worth keeping up with. I can still remember the perfectly legal tackle from behind, and when intention simply didn't matter when adjudging offences. Oh, and indirect free kicks for obstruction, which is now part of every defender's skillset. Are changes driven by a thought for paying customers? [emoji848]

Shut up.

10 hours ago, KelvindaleJag said:

My late father used to say that a compulsory substitution would be a better option. For those of us with real lives to get on with, the minutiae of rule changes aren't worth keeping up with. I can still remember the perfectly legal tackle from behind, and when intention simply didn't matter when adjudging offences. Oh, and indirect free kicks for obstruction, which is now part of every defender's skillset. Are changes driven by a thought for paying customers? 🤔

Good to know your father was just as fucking thick as his doofus son.

Why would you go to football matches and not keep up with the rules? Knowingly and willingly remaining ignorant but boasting it’s because your simpleton life is enough to be getting on with as it is.

Edited by Poet of the Macabre

Have to be pleased with that yesterday, even if the second half was a bit of a non-event.

The red card obviously aided us significantly, but we still had a job to do and we did it quite clinically. Delighted to see Lewis Martin get a goal; good run and decent finish (though the keeper should maybe do better), and a good reward for his consistent season so far. Nisbet's hat-trick goal though was just superb.

Thistle, though, deary me. What on earth is O'Ware thinking? Just allow the shot - it's not as though it would definitely have resulted in a goal and, even if we did score, they'd have 80+ minutes with the full compliment to get back into it. Absolutely ridiculous.

As soon as we got the second goal, it was game over. At no point did I sense any threat from them, and it was a case of how many we might get. Despite being down to 10 men, I thought they were really poor.

Job done for us though and good to see Joe Thomson get more minutes. Pleasing reaction to last week, but a difficult game on Tuesday - if it's on - to try and build some momentum.

After not being able to attend the last 3 home games, all being wins up to yesterday, I was scared my arrival back would ruin things. Lol how wrong I was

I recall a Dumbarton player getting sent off early in last league game of the season we made the playoffs in first few mins, but even then a wee bit of time went by before we took the lead that day. Yesterday game done in 4 mins, although I suppose its never safe at just one.

Just terrible defending and terrible attempt to recover. O'Ware should argueably have just let Kiltie take the shot, keeper may have saved it. Never no now

After that it was no contest. Worryingly on speaking to a Thistle fan, he said Williamson was dropped of late despite being a better defender than the right back on the field. Williamson strengths are in attack, but certainly you could have done with Ryan yesterday. He would have at least got close to Lewis Martin if nothing else for that second goal.

Second pen, on seeing the highlights I think is a pen, though at time I thought legs just got tangled. Luck against the defender as he went to kick the ball and caught Nisbet. Accidental and when the luck isn't going for ya, these things happen.

After that it was no contest. Worryingly on speaking to a Thistle fan, he said Williamson was dropped of late despite being a better defender than the right back on the field. Williamson strengths are in attack, but certainly you could have done with Ryan yesterday. He would have at least got close to Lewis Martin if nothing else for that second goal.

The Thistle fan you spoke to was talking absolute shite.

Kakay isn’t great defensively, but Ryan Williamson is significantly worse in all aspects of the game.

Bizarre game. Great to win so convincingly, absolutely the right response given the disappointment of both Alloa and Stranraer in recent weeks.

2nd half was dull but that’s solely down to the game being over. Frankly, I’ll take that every day of the week.

PT knocked the ball around well at times, but up front and defensively they are almost completely absent. January will be crucial for them no doubt.

I do have to say though that the ref was, as per usual, absolutely dreadful. Even for this level, destroying the game within 4 minutes is poor. I get that we still made the most of that opportunity, but how long is it going to take before we see the improvement that officiating so desperately needs in this country?

Was loaded with the cold yesterday but the offer of a lift through, some pints and thinking it probably won't be like the last time convinced me to go. What a terrible decision that was. On the plus side this time I managed to get a bridie before they were sold out, so not a totally wasted trip. 

That's definitely the earliest I've ever left a game though, but I couldn't believe it on the way out there were actually Thistle fans walking towards the turnstiles. The steward even asked "are you sure about this, have you heard the score?" But they still went in! Utterly mental basterts. 

So many of that team can get so far to f**k it's unreal, we're a genuine laughing stock. I'd have been absolutely pissing myself if I was a Dunfermline fan, heaping fucking misery on us, yet it all seemed very quiet. I don't know what Morton fans are laughing at they lost to this side at 10 men. 

Edited by thistledo

I do have to say though that the ref was, as per usual, absolutely dreadful. Even for this level, destroying the game within 4 minutes is poor. I get that we still made the most of that opportunity, but how long is it going to take before we see the improvement that officiating so desperately needs in this country?

The ref did absolutely fine baring possibly missing millers elbow but it’s easy to see why something that far off the ball gets missed.

Pushing someone who is through on goal over is a red card 4 minutes in or the last minute. ‘The spectacle’ isn’t what the ref is there for.

Having watched the highlights gill definitely needs to do better from the free kick.

The 2nd penalty is ridiculously clumsy by cole. And o’ware’s defending is still hilarious 2nd time round.
Gill needs trained on quicker reactions and his diving. Apart from that hes ok.
Free kicks are his nemesis.

O'Ware destroyed the game, not the ref.

Find it genuinely baffling that there’s now 2 people criticised the referee in this thread for the red card. O’Ware left him with no choice and is 100% to blame for that. There is nothing in the laws of the game about not sending someone off after 4 minutes, because fans have paid good money. If you commit a red card offence, you deserve to be sent off.

McCall was very honest in his interview and it was nice to see he wasn’t making excuses or blaming officials etc.

It is very easy to say, with my team having got 2 penalties and an opponent sent off, but I thought the ref had a fairly decent game. Let the game flow, where possible, and got the big calls spot on. Highlights seem to show that. He also wasn’t needlessly throwing cards around, which is often the case in this league.