Dunfermline Athletic vs Partick Thistle

What an absolute shower of shite we have. A squad with No balls, no spine, no guts, no pride. Okay so we go a man down - that should not lead to a complete capitulation. We’ve been dreadful for years and inexplicably, one of the the main culprits is currently an assistant manager.

What a club.

11 minutes ago, mikedafc said:

More like McKinnon going to Falkirk from Morton

Nah, the Butcher comparison is better.

Unlike Falkirk fans, we’re not delusional about the mess our squad is in, and unlike FFC, Thistle didn’t break any rules when appointing McCall.

9 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

I dont understand why thistle are so poor?
It was just basic mistakes and tbh bannigan Miller kakay cardle Harkins zannatta all decent?

Its the manger he's fucking clueless

That was ridiculously easy. Not often you can win 5-1 and not play particularly well. Partick need a new squad in January if they have any hope staying up. Baring Brechin they are the worst side playing this level in at least a decade(yes I would have them as worse than falkirk last year)

Why do I pay full price for entertainment, only to have an official decide that for 85 minutes one team has to have 10 players while the other has 11? Driving away potential fans to slake an official's need to display his power! (I thought that somewhere in the higher echelons of the institutionalised corruption that is football, someone realised that the double punishment of a penalty and a red card was excessive.) The referee should pay 85/90 of the entry fee back to each fan that complains! 😡

44 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

I dont understand why thistle are so poor?
It was just basic mistakes and tbh bannigan Miller kakay cardle Harkins zannatta all decent?

The previous 2 managers didn't know how to build a team. Their dross is all we have, until at least the next window. McCall has even stopped being diplomatic: he hooked Saunders after the latter sold a goal for a young Govan loanee midfielder, although there was no other centre back. A winter clearout is inevitable.

Why do I pay full price for entertainment, only to have an official decide that for 85 minutes one team has to have 10 players while the other has 11? Driving away potential fans to slake an official's need to display his power! (I thought that somewhere in the higher echelons of the institutionalised corruption that is football, someone realised that the double punishment of a penalty and a red card was excessive.) The referee should pay 85/90 of the entry fee back to each fan that complains! [emoji35]
I believe the rule regarding penalties and red cards says that if there was a clear attempt to win the ball then there won't be a red. If there is no clear attempt that it's still a red.
What happened in this case?

If it's a red it's a red, the timing doesn't matter.

5 minutes ago, KelvindaleJag said:

Why do I pay full price for entertainment, only to have an official decide that for 85 minutes one team has to have 10 players while the other has 11? Driving away potential fans to slake an official's need to display his power! (I thought that somewhere in the higher echelons of the institutionalised corruption that is football, someone realised that the double punishment of a penalty and a red card was excessive.) The referee should pay 85/90 of the entry fee back to each fan that complains! 😡

Always awkward when someone doesn't know the rules, in this case that's you. 

The double punishment rule was abolished for situations where the defender is adjudged to have made a genuine attempt to play the ball. 

Clipping someone's heels when they're about 8 yards out and about to shoot isn't a genuine attempt. 

18 minutes ago, KelvindaleJag said:

Relieved you're taking it well and didn't embarrass yourself with an utterly moronic post.

Phew.

Very welcome win and not often we have a player score four in one game! Much needed boost and hopefully we can start up another decent run of results.

Thistle are an absolute fucking gang.

Pity we didn't get the clean sheet but it's Cammy Gill so what you gonna do?

Edited by Poet of the Macabre

Always awkward when someone doesn't know the rules, in this case that's you. 

The double punishment rule was abolished for situations where the defender is adjudged to have made a genuine attempt to play the ball. 

Clipping someone's heels when they're about 8 yards out and about to shoot isn't a genuine attempt. 

I thought it was a push in the back? He certainly outstretched his arm towards Kiltie’s back. Nevertheless was a stonewall penalty and in that situation, referee has no choice but to send him off. Sheer stupidity at such an early stage, given the tight angle Kiltie was left with as well.

28 minutes ago, KelvindaleJag said:

Glorious.

My late father used to say that a compulsory substitution would be a better option. For those of us with real lives to get on with, the minutiae of rule changes aren't worth keeping up with. I can still remember the perfectly legal tackle from behind, and when intention simply didn't matter when adjudging offences. Oh, and indirect free kicks for obstruction, which is now part of every defender's skillset. Are changes driven by a thought for paying customers? 🤔

This sounds daft but tbh Crawford managed to kill the game with the subs.
Lewis McCann should have came on and McGill looks useless.
We rely so much on Dow and Nesbit

Not exactly uncommon for a team winning comfortably to make a few subs and the game to die off.

Mcgill hasn’t taken any of the chances he’s been given. Can’t really complain about him getting some time today but I’d definitely be looking for McCann to play ahead of him in more important occasions.

Why do I pay full price for entertainment, only to have an official decide that for 85 minutes one team has to have 10 players while the other has 11? Driving away potential fans to slake an official's need to display his power! (I thought that somewhere in the higher echelons of the institutionalised corruption that is football, someone realised that the double punishment of a penalty and a red card was excessive.) The referee should pay 85/90 of the entry fee back to each fan that complains! [emoji35]

The ref decided to that partick were to play with 10 men for 85 minutes cos o’ware decided to commit a red card offence after 5 minutes. What do you expect him to do?

My late father used to say that a compulsory substitution would be a better option. For those of us with real lives to get on with, the minutiae of rule changes aren't worth keeping up with. I can still remember the perfectly legal tackle from behind, and when intention simply didn't matter when adjudging offences. Oh, and indirect free kicks for obstruction, which is now part of every defender's skillset. Are changes driven by a thought for paying customers? [emoji848]
Your father was a minter.

6 minutes ago, KelvindaleJag said:

My late father used to say that a compulsory substitution would be a better option. For those of us with real lives to get on with, the minutiae of rule changes aren't worth keeping up with. I can still remember the perfectly legal tackle from behind, and when intention simply didn't matter when adjudging offences. Oh, and indirect free kicks for obstruction, which is now part of every defender's skillset. Are changes driven by a thought for paying customers? 🤔

Your Dad talked pish. 

That's a trait you've taken up with much gusto, congrats.