Dunfermline Athletic vs Partick Thistle

This has the potential to be a massive game for us. Win it, get something from our next two games (a tough one at Ayr and a winnable home match v Morton) and start looking upwards or lose it, have a massive crisis of confidence before the Ayr match and potentially have a home game (where the players can sometimes apparently freeze) in front of a low crowd on the back of losing four on the spin. We need to get something here, preferably a win and with some pace and style too.

0-0

Ok so getting back to the match and not the wee boy from Alloa using his market stall handset Ashcroft comes back in having served his suspension. Given the very poor performance last weekend he should walk back in, likely in place of Edwards who had been the worst of a bad bunch 2 games going. Thomson showed enough in his brief spell last week to say he’s ready to return to first team action and should be getting a start and Kiltie is just about the first name on the team sheet when available. McCann didn’t do enough to stay in the team but wether it’s turner or ryan that also drops out I’m not sure. If Dow misses out then both will be saved.

Β 

P.S IDGAF what anyone says CARDLE = GOD

Crawford said something quite bizarre in his pre match interview on the main site:

β€œThere is no guarantee of a win. Ian McCall will be trying to win a game of football as well, and I think people can forget that sometimes

I don’t believe there is literally a person on the planet that is unaware the opposition are also trying to win a football match. Not even sure what he meant by it.

Glad to see him taking more responsibility for Stranraer defeat than he did during his immediate post-match. Guessing he had a re-think about throwing the players under the bus.

Good to hear Murray has been given the green light for training and positive that Dow isn’t totally ruled out for Sat. The Anthony McDonald saga has been a total mess though and I hope the deal has cost us Β£0 and it’s just been a waste of time rather than money.

10 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

I don’t believe there is literally a person on the planet that is unaware the opposition are also trying to win a football match. Not even sure what he meant by it.

Β 

To be fair, it oftenΒ looksΒ like we're not actively trying to win a match, so I can see where he's coming from.