Dunfermline Athletic vs Partick Thistle

Our recent good run has well and truly been scrubbed away by a couple of terrible away defeats to Alloa and Stranraer. Crawford has shown he's not the man to take us forward but he'll inevitably cling on, with the club reluctant to accept their cheap option has predictably failed.

With Thistle playing Alloa in midweek, I feel there's a good chance that defeat on Saturday would leave us perilously close to the bottom again, so would be an important win. Since Gill is likely to be in goals and Ryan Dow apparently picked up another injury, I'd think an away win would be the value bet.

19 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

If we lose to Partick and Morton Crawford needs to be replaced.

What if he wins the Ayr game in between?

As has been mentioned, both parties should have shaken hands and moved on already. However, we saw how long it took for AJ to be given his jotters so would imagine Crawford would have to be bottom of the league to be shown the door.

Dunfermline fans should be very excited to see Joe Cardle pass the ball to lots of Dunfermline players again, particularly any of your players between the wing and the near post. The fact he'll be doing it while not playing for you is an added bonus.

Some of you in the front half of the stand behind the goal might even get on the end of one of his rare crosses which misses the first man.

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

I think we should drop Ryan again, he's been ineffective past few games and I'm unconvinced he links that we'll with Nisbit. Get Thomson in the middle and Turner playing off Nisbit again.

I'm starting to think Ryan is only effective when he's coming on late off the bench.

I'd like to see a midfield of Dow-Thomson-Paton-Kiltie and Turner playing off Nisbet, like you suggest.