All football grounds

1874_MTL

yep been to them all apart from rossvale and Gartcairn ( should sort that out this season) love old grounds with a bit of character like lesmahagow, lanark and cambuslang , always enjoyed visiting those grounds , used to love the old petershill park and rob roy's adamslie
dont like bens park but do like renfrew's park , done well for a synthetic pitch

I've not been to gartcairn or vale of leven tend to find all the old junior grounds much the same if I had to say what I thought were the best I would say medda ,talbot , cumnock and rutherglen the best new grounds are Renfrew and petershill  I know a lot of fans don t like it but the facility is one of the best in the juniors and a mention to holm park think once it's more complete it will be a good facility. I think ardeer and saltcoats  must be the closest grounds near each other in the west.

Edited by wow-wee

Prior to the great breakaway I did all the old East League Juniors grounds, including those no longer there, such as Countess Park, Dunbar and Victoria Park, Newtongrange plus Duncan Stewart Park home of the defunct Bonnybridge. 

Lithgae's Prestonfield was the best and I quite liked New Dundas Park as it was quite handy to get to. 

I'm sure I met a guy recently who'd done all the Junior grounds in Scotland! Of the East Region now I've still to visit some of the Tayside grounds. 
I suppose in the East Region Forfar Albion and Forfar West End must be the closest grounds, Dundee Viole(n)t and Dundee North End are also close to each other. 

1 hour ago, wow-wee said:

I've not been to gartcairn or vale of leven tend to find all the old junior grounds much the same if I had to say what I thought were the best I would say medda , talbot, cumnock and rutherglen  the worst ground is newlands  considering the size of the club the ground is of a very poor standard . I think ardeer and saltcoats  must be the closest grounds near each other.

Do you mean Newlandsfield  ? If so its a cracking ground to watch fitba ( prob my fave Junior ground ). Other ones you mention are great as well 

I recompleted the West yesterday by visiting Gartcairn's new cage. I've also been everywhere in the East bar this year's newbies who are all groundshares anyway, and to around half of the North.

In terms of facilities some of the newbuild or rebuild grounds are technically the best, but unfortunately that rarely equates to being a favourite place to visit - for me anyway.

In the West, I've got a soft spot for the likes of Largs and Ardrossan's grounds, while in the East most of the ones mentioned previously aren't actually junior grounds anymore. Of what's still junior over there my favourites are maybe Newburgh and Blairgowrie. Up north, Banks O'Dee get my vote, but in terms of sheer atmosphere, Burghead's aptly named Forest Park takes a bit of beating.

Edited by Hillonearth

Vics and Meadow are closer than Ardeer / Saltcoats but I think maybe the Bens and St Anthony's beat us.[emoji6]

I've not been to gartcairn or vale of leven tend to find all the old junior grounds much the same if I had to say what I thought were the best I would say medda , talbot, cumnock and rutherglen  the worst ground is newlands  considering the size of the club the ground is of a very poor standard . I think ardeer and saltcoats  must be the closest grounds near each other.