Where would you rather watch your football for your team.

I suspect most people will pick their old ground.

Brockville brings back happy memories (well usually) but I rather suspect that if it was around today it would not be quite the romance that we recollect.

For me TFS is not that bad. I just wish we had that 4th stand to enclose the stadium and improve the atmosphere. Facilities are generally pretty good.

But it’ll take many years (if at all), for me to think of it in any terms as endearing as Brockville....

Biggest problem with a question like this is rose colored glasses. After a few years, the weaknesses and failures of the old home tend to be downplayed and forgotten. Often what is remembered as atmosphere was the smell of urine, cramped seating and decaying structure. There’s also often the inevitable memory of good seasons there, and bad seasons here...and sometimes anger at why the move occurred.

I'm sure nostalgia is part of it but for me, it's always better watching football on a decent bit of terracing. Some folk might disagree. My favourite away trips are all grounds with terracing.

Gayfield is the best ground in the lower leagues, hands down.

The anti-terracing attitude amongst Scottish footballing authorities and clubs over the past 3 decades is downright weird.

I'd rather be back at the Concrete Lavvypan and hearing the whining of away fans moaning about getting beat at a soulless athletics stadium than be sharing with Spartans and hearing the whining of away fans moaning about getting beat at a soulless Lowland League stadium.  

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

Biggest problem with a question like this is rose colored glasses. After a few years, the weaknesses and failures of the old home tend to be downplayed and forgotten. Often what is remembered as atmosphere was the smell of urine, cramped seating and decaying structure. There’s also often the inevitable memory of good seasons there, and bad seasons here...and sometimes anger at why the move occurred.

Pish in a rolled up newspaper or in a can, sodden pish stained shoes, no toilets for women, jumpers for goal posts. I'd go back there in a minute mind.

24 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Pish in a rolled up newspaper or in a can, sodden pish stained shoes, no toilets for women, jumpers for goal posts. I'd go back there in a minute mind.

Quite understand. We have a 1930’s stadium over here that still gets used for some big games. Even with rehabbing, it’s a complete shithole, but some fans swear by it for the “atmosphere”.

As an away fan I much, much preferred Brockville. The atmosphere was great and we usually brought decent supports through. The Falkirk v Rovers games of the early 00's were tasty affairs from memory. 

We've always been at Starks, and hopefully always will be, but it's too big. I'd much prefer it in its original format just before the two stands came in. It had actually been tidied up a bit before then and would have been perfectly fine. 

Old Bayview, without a doubt. I was just a whipper snapper when we moved ground so never got to experience Old Bayview fully as can only remember a few games including the Man United fixture. New Bayview is soulless and provides little atmosphere. The facilities are good, but give me terracing any day such as Borough Briggs, Gayfield and Shielfield over anything else.

The first season I started going to games was the last season at Brockville and remember the old girl being absolutely magnificent, and like most of our support I was devastated when we left.

Now with the benefit of being able to look back all these years later, the move to the new stadium was absolutely the right thing to do. We've already got some great memories at TFS and the atmosphere at big games can be electric. The two main stands are worlds apart. Crowds have increased year on year as well. 

Things that would improve the stadium would be a 4th stand (and corner pods) and a location closer to the town centre. Unfortunately we'll never be able to change the latter, but I wouldn't trade in the new stadium to go back to Brockville and suspect most of our fans feel the same way 

I'd go right down the middle in an ideal world, put our excellent new main stand where the old main stand was at brockville and upgrade toilets, food kiosks etc and keep the rest of the terracing at brockville. In fact cover behind both goals and the hybrid would be possibly the perfect football ground :thumsup2

Love a bit of covered terracing, especially if there is a fairly low roof. I started going to broomfield weekly when my grandfather took me, I was 6 and sat in the main stand with all the nippy auld boys. When I was about 11 I would wander round to meet my pals in the terracing and got a couple of glorious years in there before it closed. Nothing like it.

Gimme Broomfield everyday of the week. I even prefer away games to the older style grounds than our own souless modern stadium. Enjoyed our walk to Cliftonville yesterday might be a pigsty but tons of character. Love Cappielow and Somerset too.