RAITH versus FORFAR

1 league goal. 

His goals since the League Cup in July are an East Fife goalie howler, Ross County colts goalie letting two through his hands and that weird tap in against Glenavon.

I think this is just piling onto an easy scapegoat though. Allan isn’t the only reason we were dire last night.

3 minutes ago, Paco said:

His goals since the League Cup in July are an East Fife goalie howler, Ross County colts goalie letting two through his hands and that weird tap in against Glenavon.

I think this is just piling onto an easy scapegoat though. Allan isn’t the only reason we were dire last night.

Absolutely. But breaking up the Bowie and Baird partnership and accommodating him in there will do nothing to help the matter. 

Frustration with that lies with the manager, not the player. 

It sums it up that one poster said it’s not Baird’s game to chase long balls, it most certainly isn’t Lewis Allan’s either, problem last night was a complete lack of a passer in midfield. Give the ball to Allan to his feet and he will hold it up well and bring others in around him, shelling balls at him from the centre backs or over his head and he will look shite

We were far too slow in our build up play. Our strikers run into space when we first have possession but then  it's passed aimlessly around the back . Generally being punted out under pressure when no one is moving or in space. A dreadful spectacle which has to change. We have to attack with more purpose & pace whatever our personnel.

^^^^^^this!

Anything over waist height and it's usually no good to Allan.

When teams camp on the edge of the box to prevent us playing it out we need someone who can adapt to the long/high ball,I think this has to be Anderson in that role as neither Allan nor Bowie are too good (and that's being kind) with anything above waist height. Mind you Munro, SAndo and Bene's inability to get any real distance on the ball renders the whole point moot.

Actually didn't bother to vote on the app last night as I felt I couldn't pick a deserved candidate, yes young Tait did ok but in reality was he any better than Munro, MacDonald or even Bene?

Even Bene? I wouldn’t put him in the same category as Munro and MacDonald last night.

Munro had a good game and MacDonald had a decent game despite being marked out the game.

Bene on the other hand was the worst player on the pitch last night. Tried his absolute hardest to let Forfar through on goal many times.

So yes, Tait was a much more deserved candidate than Bene for MotM

8 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Even Bene? I wouldn’t put him in the same category as Munro and MacDonald last night.

Munro had a good game and MacDonald had a decent game despite being marked out the game.

Bene on the other hand was the worst player on the pitch last night. Tried his absolute hardest to let Forfar through on goal many times.

We all see things differently I suppose, in my eyes SAndo was the worst defender on the park for us and by some margin. His distribution was awful, not that Bene's was great either to be fair.

12 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Was it not Benedictus (might have been MacDonald) that let a straightforward pass from Munro roll past him and out for a throw under absolutely no pressure at all? 

We all see things differently I suppose, in my eyes SAndo was the worst defender on the park for us and by some margin. His distribution was awful, not that Bene's was great either to be fair.

Benedictus was far worse than Anderson last night. He never adapted to the conditions at all. Anderson seemed to look bad because we had no creativity in the midfield to pick the ball up from him and move it on. Asking him to be the start of an attack isn't going to work.

I don’t think S Anderson is good enough to defend in a back 4. He’s too slow. I think he needs a couple of centre backs beside him to get the best out of him.

Grant Anderson has been deployed at wing back in the past, could that have been a better option than Mackay in a game that we knew we needed to attack in?

Why have Victoria and Tait (until last night) been given any game time off the bench lately? We know we are going to need these guys eventually, not getting them on the park won’t be helping their match sharpness!

Why on earth would you start with Allan and Baird up front? That pairing must be a centre backs dream! Neither is mobile or creative!

I’m a massive fan of John Mcglynn, I think he cares massively for the club but his selection and tactics are baffling at times.

2 hours ago, johnnymac said:

It sums it up that one poster said it’s not Baird’s game to chase long balls, it most certainly isn’t Lewis Allan’s either, problem last night was a complete lack of a passer in midfield. Give the ball to Allan to his feet and he will hold it up well and bring others in around him, shelling balls at him from the centre backs or over his head and he will look shite

This was our downfall all night long yesterday, if we were punting medium balls perhaps the forwards would have had a chance of catching them.

On 27/11/2019 at 08:33, Jilted John said:

I don’t think S Anderson is good enough to defend in a back 4. He’s too slow. I think he needs a couple of centre backs beside him to get the best out of him.

Grant Anderson has been deployed at wing back in the past, could that have been a better option than Mackay in a game that we knew we needed to attack in?

Why have Victoria and Tait (until last night) been given any game time off the bench lately? We know we are going to need these guys eventually, not getting them on the park won’t be helping their match sharpness!

Why on earth would you start with Allan and Baird up front? That pairing must be a centre backs dream! Neither is mobile or creative!

I’m a massive fan of John Mcglynn, I think he cares massively for the club but his selection and tactics are baffling at times.

Absolutely agree we haven’t taken opportunities to feed our backups in to get experience and exposure.

The news is Allan and Bowie are out for Montrose, so we better see either Smith or Victoria to add pace. I’d love to see GAndo worked a bit at wingback to add flexibility, and I suspect Tait might be able to play that role too.

I’d like to see McKay put in for either Bene or SAndo’s for an occasional game (to give them a break after a run of games.) and to let us get a good feel for his future.

If Watson is healthy, please put him on at the 70 minute mark at wingback, we need to see what he has.

Yes, it’s important to win games, but we also have to know where we are because promotion isn’t assured and we likely won’t have SAndo, Baird, Armstrong, Gullan, and possibly Davo and Bene, next year. If we get promotion, we need to know if these kids can possibly make the jump. Falkirk are likely to spend in Jan to try to assure the promotion, and we can’t match that, so we need to be intelligent.