RAITH versus FORFAR

1 hour ago, grumswall said:
1 hour ago, TxRover said:
Tait’s more of and attacking mid role, so put GAndo with Matthews and put Tait up top for Gullan and see where it goes. If Tait stumbles, Victoria can fill the role, as can Gullan.

Gullan scored twice in his last game and will almost certainly start. Gando has never played cm in his entire career (to my knowledge) I'd imagine we will see Miller back at cm next to Matthews tomorrow, just a hunch.

Not sure he has either, but he’s shown himself well in play. Miller is out, as far as JMcG was concerned, unless I misunderstood him.

As Ro Sham Bo notes, Bowie is unknown...plug in Gullan or Smith?

Edited by TxRover

Did McGlynn not say after the cup match that Miller was out for tomorrow and that Bowie was a big doubt?

Didn’t rule Miller out but certainly it sounded unlikely to me. Using players we know will be available, I’d play:

Munro
Watson McKay Benedictus S.Anderson Macca
Tait Matthews
Gullan Baird G.Anderson

There’s even a question mark over Watson, so if he isn’t fit I don’t think we have an option but to play a 4-4-2. Our injury crisis felt like it was over but really, Michael Miller, Iain Davidson, Brad Spencer, Regan Hendry, Lewis Vaughan and Kieron Bowie would all categorically start if available. A lot of guys to have out.

Hopefully Bowie can make it, even on the bench if necessary. Miller would be a bonus but there’s no sense in rushing him if there’s any risk involved. He’s a very important player.

Wouldn’t surprise me to see some mental line-up from McGlynn here.

I think we're going to need a bit of industry and grit here, would start all the tireless runners like Baird and anderson to try and tire forfar because we are short of creativity that's for sure.

If we are to win this league trust me that's a big ask we need to get results in situations like this.

I think we're going to need a bit of industry and grit here, would start all the tireless runners like Baird and anderson to try and tire forfar because we are short of creativity that's for sure.
If we are to win this league trust me that's a big ask we need to get results in situations like this.

No arguments from me on this. We are largely full-time and we need to make that fitness factor count.

What we heard immediately after the P’head game was Ziggy had a knock but would be fine, even though McGlynn was more circumspect in the post match interview I still think he will start.

Who only knows what the midfield will be but I wouldn’t be all that surprised if it was Matthews, Dingwall and Armstrong. Another option might be Baird as I’m sure he was deployed as an attacking midfielder for Forfar at times.

back line 3 of McKay, SAndo and Bene, MacDonald utilised with Watson or Milller in the wing back roles and 3 in midfield with 2 up top.

Guest bernardblack

I’m hoping we don’t start with 4 centre midfielders for this one....

Baird will score tonight, guaranteed.

Bit of a free hit tonight as far as I’m concerned, not expected to pick up anything here so a point would be a bonus

1 hour ago, bernardblack said:

I’m hoping we don’t start with 4 centre midfielders for this one....

Baird will score tonight, guaranteed.

Bit of a free hit tonight as far as I’m concerned, not expected to pick up anything here so a point would be a bonus

Ours is looking like a bit of a makeshift side tonight, so wouldn't describe it as totally a free hit, we're not looking particularly formidable presently.

1 hour ago, renton said:

Ours is looking like a bit of a makeshift side tonight, so wouldn't describe it as totally a free hit, we're not looking particularly formidable presently.

It's absolutely not a free hit for Forfar tonight but given our record at Starks and 7 games on the bounce being lost it's hard to see anything other than a home win whoever Raith are missing.