Euro 2020 Finals

Bully Wee Villa

44 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Wonder how that will work for ticket sales. 

Only logical way is to refund all tickets currently bought and then start again. Make sure the FA's for each country playing receives an allocation for their respective supporters clubs and the usual percentage goes to hospo/sponsors.

10 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

Only logical way is to refund all tickets currently bought and then start again. Make sure the FA's for each country playing receives an allocation for their respective supporters clubs and the usual percentage goes to hospo/sponsors.

Wonder if they will let fans in from across Europe to watch the games. 

What's the process around changing venues?

If for example UEFA wanted it all to be hosted in England would it be put to a vote of members? If Scotland were willing and able to host games at Hampden with fans could they legally challenge the move?

28 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

If for example UEFA wanted it all to be hosted in England would it be put to a vote of members? If Scotland were willing and able to host games at Hampden with fans could they legally challenge the move?

Can't see it happening

All these venues around Europe that have stuck their hands up for it and spent the dosh they have to date in doing so

Will be wanting it played in their own grounds even with no fans

Presumably the executive committee would be in charge of deciding venue changes. CAS are probably the ones for any legal disputes but the likelyhood of it getting to that point seems remote. They have a fast track process too for time sensitive decisions.

Can't see it happening
All these venues around Europe that have stuck their hands up for it and spent the dosh they have to date in doing so
I imagine a good number of those other cities could be placated by being handed Champions/Europa League finals.

1 hour ago, true_rover said:
4 hours ago, Binos said:
Can't see it happening

I imagine a good number of those other cities could be placated by being handed Champions/Europa League finals.

Baku, Dublin, Bucharest, plenty more

There's plenty of them, not sure how many glamour games to go around

Refunds for Hampden tickets to follow soon. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56250120

Glasgow and Dublin are at growing risk of being cut from the list of hosts for this summer's European Championship. 

With fewer than 100 days until the delayed Euros, Uefa wants each of the countries staging matches to submit their plans - including for the return of fans - by a deadline of 7 April.

Organisers say they still hope to stage matches at the 12 venues as planned. 

But the Scottish and Irish governments are yet to provide assurances whether fans will be allowed back by June.

And Uefa is understood to be increasingly concerned they may have to strip Glasgow and Dublin of their matches. 

Both Hampden Park and the Aviva Stadium are due to stage four games. 

According to one source with knowledge of tournament planning, the position on fans in Dublin and Glasgow is currently "very bad", with the respective governments "taking a much tighter approach to Covid than other cities". 

On Wednesday, Scotland's Health Secretary Jeane Freeman said that being part of the Euros was "a really big deal" for her country. 

But she added that fans being able to attend depended on "all of us abiding by the rules", cases falling, and the take-up of vaccines.

"We certainly should be able to celebrate our national team playing in the Euros, hopefully winning in the Euros, and we'll see whether or not it's possible at any point along that road for fans to actually be present to witness that," she said.

It is understood that the next few days will be crucial and that the Scottish government is aware of the need for clarity.

Last week, the Football Association of Ireland said it was still planning for fans to be present at Dublin's Aviva Stadium at the Euros, but admitted that it would only remain a host venue if it could guarantee Uefa that spectators would be permitted.

Irish government restrictions on spectators will remain in place until at least 5 April.

The British government has said up to 10,000 spectators will be permitted inside English grounds from mid-May, and unlimited numbers from 21 June.

Edited by Crow

1 hour ago, Crow said:

Refunds for Hampden tickets to follow soon. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56250120

Glasgow and Dublin are at growing risk of being cut from the list of hosts for this summer's European Championship. 

With fewer than 100 days until the delayed Euros, Uefa wants each of the countries staging matches to submit their plans - including for the return of fans - by a deadline of 7 April.

Organisers say they still hope to stage matches at the 12 venues as planned. 

But the Scottish and Irish governments are yet to provide assurances whether fans will be allowed back by June.

And Uefa is understood to be increasingly concerned they may have to strip Glasgow and Dublin of their matches. 

Both Hampden Park and the Aviva Stadium are due to stage four games. 

According to one source with knowledge of tournament planning, the position on fans in Dublin and Glasgow is currently "very bad", with the respective governments "taking a much tighter approach to Covid than other cities". 

On Wednesday, Scotland's Health Secretary Jeane Freeman said that being part of the Euros was "a really big deal" for her country. 

But she added that fans being able to attend depended on "all of us abiding by the rules", cases falling, and the take-up of vaccines.

"We certainly should be able to celebrate our national team playing in the Euros, hopefully winning in the Euros, and we'll see whether or not it's possible at any point along that road for fans to actually be present to witness that," she said.

It is understood that the next few days will be crucial and that the Scottish government is aware of the need for clarity.

Last week, the Football Association of Ireland said it was still planning for fans to be present at Dublin's Aviva Stadium at the Euros, but admitted that it would only remain a host venue if it could guarantee Uefa that spectators would be permitted.

Irish government restrictions on spectators will remain in place until at least 5 April.

The British government has said up to 10,000 spectators will be permitted inside English grounds from mid-May, and unlimited numbers from 21 June.

Another report says the Dublin/Glasgow games to be moved down south. 

• 2 months later...
7 minutes ago, Fratelli said:

It's only fitting that for Scotland's first tournament in 23 years, they give the official song a title we can all unite behind. 

Dont know whats the worst part of that.

The title, Garrix involvement or that insufferable c**t Bono.

Spoiler

Its Bono btw

Aymeric Laporte has switched allegiances to Spain from France. I thought it was weird that someone I assumed was a France semi-regular would be able to do so, but he hasn't even played a single game which shocked me even more.

50 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

I thought it was weird that someone I assumed was a France semi-regular would be able to do so, but he hasn't even played a single game which shocked me even more.

Just come on here to write exactly the same. I'm determined I've seen him play for their full squad. :lol:

I have been banging the drum for the best part of a decade now about how Giroud is a better option than him in attack, and I still think it's the case. They finally got round to winning something again when they went for a team player in Giroud rather than someone like Benzema who I don't think would get the best out of the other guys behind him. If they've promised Benzema a starting berth here then I reckon it will be a big mistake.