Jump to content

Nugent4nil


Nugent4nil
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

I think it is right, aye. I've said before about your stinking attitude. Not changed my mind. 

So you agree that those experiences are only available in the Juniors?  right oh then, FFS  🤣

My stinking attitude is to see an integarated non-league game one day, shocking so it is.  How many games do you get to every season?

Edited by Burnie_man
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, wow-wee said:

I think your the embarrassment you don t live in this country and watch talbot from afar but got plenty to say on junior football .

Thanks for noticing that I caveat posts with that info. I, like many others appreciate Junior football. In this case, I'm not commenting on that though. I'm talking about common manners.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Burnie_man said:

So you agree that those experiences are only available in the Juniors?  right oh then, FFS  🤣

My stinking attitude is to see an integarated non-league game one day, shocking so it is.  How many games do you get to every season?

Probably 1 in a good year 😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

So you agree that those experiences are only available in the Juniors?  right oh then, FFS  🤣

My stinking attitude is to see an integarated non-league game one day, shocking so it is.  How many games do you get to every season?

Probably as many as you judging by your posts. Unless you spend the match on your lappy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, jimbaxters said:

Thanks for noticing that I caveat posts with that info. I, like many others appreciate Junior football. In this case, I'm not commenting on that though. I'm talking about common manners.

How can you appreciate junior football when you don t live here.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, jimbaxters said:

Thanks for noticing that I caveat posts with that info. I, like many others appreciate Junior football. In this case, I'm not commenting on that though. I'm talking about common manners.

Manners? on this place? and you decide to highlight "oh dear" on this particular thread.  Don't be so sanctimonious 😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Look above your house aka "Junior Football, What is the future?* and you'll see a thread containing video highlights. That's how.

Seriously that's like someone living in Australia for 30years but telling everyone in Scotland how we should live our life's .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm getting a wee bit fed up of the condescending manner of the pyramid standard bearers on here. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. This thread is all about a show hosted by a couple of guys who have been an integral part of Junior Football for their lifetimes. For people who currently spend every waking hour on this forum trying to big up the pyramid to sneer and make, frankly, arsey comments like "oh dear" is the real embarrassment.
I agree wholeheartedly that every person is entitled to an opinion, what I cant understand is why people still use an I'll informed opinion to make a decision. There are so many rumours about the costs of joining the pyramid it is really concerning as it may deter clubs from joining who wouldn't have to change one thing about how they do things.

Tier 5 (LL/HL) is the only level out with the spfl where standards increase due to sfa licence criteria.

For everyone else it is the same as it is nice in the juniors, less the fines for bookings and red cards.

It's fine holding an opinion, perfectly acceptable to be honest, but at least do some research into the subject matter to make sure you have factual information with which to inform it.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, G4Mac said:

I agree wholeheartedly that every person is entitled to an opinion, what I cant understand is why people still use an I'll informed opinion to make a decision. There are so many rumours about the costs of joining the pyramid it is really concerning as it may deter clubs from joining who wouldn't have to change one thing about how they do things.

Tier 5 (LL/HL) is the only level out with the spfl where standards increase due to sfa licence criteria.

For everyone else it is the same as it is nice in the juniors, less the fines for bookings and red cards.

It's fine holding an opinion, perfectly acceptable to be honest, but at least do some research into the subject matter to make sure you have factual information with which to inform it.

Yeah I 100% agree with this.
I have been critical out of anger due to a chairman on the show stating stuff that is not true, thus either being ignorant or ill informed and I feel this is the normal with most in the junior game.

The bitchy comments towards him on here and to anyone in general don't serve a purpose only to put people against you and even people with the same view as you will be put off.  Me, I admit I really get angry with people in position, chairmen, committee men who are ill informed, ignorant, blinkered, taking it personal. They have  a job to do, to look after their and your clubs best interests. Stating excuses for not going or going when their excuses are utter wrong is not the reason why they are in position, They are in position to make the correct decisions for your club's future.

I get it, it's hard for most to be objective, especially junior followers and I'm sure Nugent podcast will agree with this about themsefls and others who have been on the show. 

I am for the pyramid even though I've been junior through and through, I'm quite clear on this as I see so much potential and even the teams without vision or progression they wont need to change as they will be in the same/similar leagues as they are now and still be with the big guns if they leave.
I work in youth grassroots football and have been successful being part of coaching teams winning leagues and cups but the most inspiring for myself is having an effect on a youth that has developed lads either to the  junior level, senior level, part time and full time but right now its hard to keep kids motivated in football. One of the reasons our football is dwindling is that kids need motivated but I will say this. if any team has a kid living nearby their club and you say to him would you rather be part of this team in the junior ranks or the pyramid senior ranks, I can tell you most would get excited that they are in the senior ranks giving the team more of a chance to bring a youth on board.

 

Here is something to think about for the bottom teams in the junior west region.
The bottom Are

Thorniewood United, Vale of Clyde, St. Anthony's, Newmains United, Saltcoats Victoria, Lugar Boswell Thistle, Ardeer Thistle.

If their chairmen had any vision they would jump ship straight away and would be in the top division of the WOS if only 16 entered so meaning they would play top teams for the next few years as most would eventually come over, but if these bottom teams wait, they will eventually join and end up in the bottom league, so theres a chance of getting some big guns for a few years. Ok might be some humiliating defeats but hopefully they will learn from it while earning some money as not one of those teams will ever need to update their stadiums to stay in the pyramid.

I know its out there and they wont consider it but its something of thinking outside the box while earning money


 

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 19/02/2020 at 18:21, wow-wee said:

everything you say is simply wrong I respect you for your opinion and all the things you have done to promote the juniors but the first problem you will find their won't be many teams left to form an association junior football as we know it will end you may not like it but it will. The only thing that will change is the name no more junior and club's like arthurlie will continue as normal over the next 10 years teams at the top will change as they progress as long as the upgrade their ground to meet the sfa licence other than that nothing changes. Junior grounds everywhere are decaying fast like dunterlie and if they can't find money from somewhere then it will get even worse and widen the gap between yourselves and those who are lucky enough to do improvements albeit a junior team of a senior team.

I absolutely get what youve said and I do agree with most, what I dont get is the hunger for clubs to become senior as the likes of Pollok for example have bigger crowds than the bottom two senior leagues. Senior football in Scotland imo has too many clubs, many junior supporters follow clubs because they are junior clubs, lots of them have a favorite 'big' team so the likes of Arthurlie moving up would mean they lose support to St Mirren and the old firm

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 19/02/2020 at 18:25, G4Mac said:

Nugent, have you done any research into the pyramid and what it would entail for your club? But the sounds of your post I get the impression you have not.

 

There are no increased costs, no emergency services costs (this is a new one) and no further travel than your club has now.

 

To get to tier 5, clubs will have to work towards it in terms of their off the field investment.

 

Your club would still be the same club, they dont have to change anything, there is no 'special feeling to the grade', its 11 players trying to play football against another 11 players, trying to score more goals than each other.

 

I have and to go forward things would change, if you can give me the benefits of moving I will happily look over them. My one and only worry and personal thought is that if ones team goes we all go I don't want teams left behind that end up closing shop all to join a league where if you get promotion two years running your playing against a ten year old team with no park and zero support apart from family.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Last comment tonight, maybe for a while. So many have had a go at me for my personal opinions but most on here know me or at least know my name, I have never hid that. Robert Burns Arthurlie supporter.... just does my nut in that all the ones having a pop are behind user names.

I am NOT for a second saying any of your view points are wrong or indeed right but FFS at least have the courage of your convictions and name yourselves.

We are all in this because we love juniors fitbaw times ARE changing and we all have different ideas how we go forward so be open be honest and also if any of you fancy coming on the radio your more than welcome.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Nugent4nil said:

I absolutely get what youve said and I do agree with most, what I dont get is the hunger for clubs to become senior as the likes of Pollok for example have bigger crowds than the bottom two senior leagues. Senior football in Scotland imo has too many clubs, many junior supporters follow clubs because they are junior clubs, lots of them have a favorite 'big' team so the likes of Arthurlie moving up would mean they lose support to St Mirren and the old firm

What's the differenced between Linlithgow Rose, Bonnyrigg Rose and Musselburgh Athletic compared to Pollok, Arthurlie and Kilwinning?  Three Senior non-league, and three Junior non-league.   How likely would it be that Arthurlie would lose support to St.Mirren by playing in a West of Scotland Senior League as opposed to a West Region Junior League?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Nugent4nil said:

I have and to go forward things would change, if you can give me the benefits of moving I will happily look over them. My one and only worry and personal thought is that if ones team goes we all go I don't want teams left behind that end up closing shop all to join a league where if you get promotion two years running your playing against a ten year old team with no park and zero support apart from family.

How many teams are 10 years old with no park?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...