Nugent4nil

Nugent4nil

On 19/02/2020 at 16:37, Nugent4nil said:

Jexit will obviously happen, as in the Juniors leaving the current set up but for what?

A chance to be promoted into the Lowland League that has clubs younger than your match day mascots who have a zero fan base, more traveling, more costs in traveling,  less 'local' derby's.

YES there is that carrot of the 'BIG' Scottish Cup and the chance of entering the bottom tier of the SPFL which is dying on its arse and will mean you have to have floodlights, emergency services, raise your prices, etc.

I follow Junior football because I love it, name another grade where your team can win a cup but you know you will hold it that night?

Name a grade where you know every player by first and nicknames and can share a bear with them after.

The list is endless, my huge worry is that some will go and others will be left behind hence IMO if one goes we all go if not we stay as we are and look at the possibilities.

It's too late trying to convince the Jexiteers the Lowland League is bad news - clubs are aware of what the LL entails and yet still want to leave.

It's also too late to stay together and look at the possibilities (aka stalling tactics) - clubs have waited two years for a solution and now rightly want to move.

Musselburgh are a senior non-league club who won a cup recently - which allowed them to qualify for the big Scottish Cup next season.

3 hours ago, Nugent4nil said:

...what I dont get is the hunger for clubs to become senior as the likes of Pollok for example have bigger crowds than the bottom two senior leagues. Senior football in Scotland imo has too many clubs, many junior supporters follow clubs because they are junior clubs, lots of them have a favorite 'big' team so the likes of Arthurlie moving up would mean they lose support to St Mirren and the old firm

Very few of the clubs who joined the East of Scotland did so because they wanted to play in the SPFL. They wanted access to club licensing and the Scottish Cup, to play in a more professional organisation, access to an U20s development league, etc. Some also wanted the chance to gain promotion to the Lowland League of course, but most wanted to keep playing their nearest rivals as well.

You should also consider what the Lowland League will look like in five years time. It's likely the bottom clubs in the LL - the likes of Vale of Leithen, Dalbeattie Star, Edinburgh Uni - will be replaced by the top clubs from the east and west e.g. Bo'ness, Auchinleck, Hill of Beath, Kilwinning etc.

4 hours ago, Nugent4nil said:

I have and to go forward things would change, if you can give me the benefits of moving I will happily look over them. My one and only worry and personal thought is that if ones team goes we all go I don't want teams left behind that end up closing shop all to join a league where if you get promotion two years running your playing against a ten year old team with no park and zero support apart from family.

Sounds like you've got mixed up with Rossvale?

Here's some benefits of the EoS which will be similar to the West of Scotland League.

On 16/02/2020 at 19:55, Burnie_man said:

Somebody posted up yesterday kefc's excellent summary of benefits of joining the EoS which he pulled together in 2018, I have updated it as some of it has changed;

• Three ways of Scottish Cup Entry: EOS League Champions, winning the Alex Jack Cup (for un-licenced clubs only) and then beating SoS equivalent, or of course becoming Licenced.
  • Minimum of £3,000 prize money for Scottish Cup entry.  Win two games and you will earn £10,000 minimum.
  • £1,000 funding from EoS towards ground improvements available to all un-licenced clubs looking to gain their SFA Licence
  • Up to £2,500 funding as an EOS club available from Scottish Football Partnership towards ground improvements.
  • SFA Sports First Aid courses at heavily discounted rates (or free of charge). SFA Licence compliant
  • Personal Accident and Liability insurance incl. player to player liability paid for by the League. SFA  Licence compliant
  • Match balls and training balls supplied each season.
  • Coaching courses at heavily discounted rates (or free of charge) up to C Licence level.
  • Prize money for those Clubs finishing in the top four in the league.
  • Season long fixture list issued
  • In combination with LL and SoS League an U20 development league on Friday nights, all players eligible for Seniors as well.
  • No limit on squad sizes, no player fines.
  • No restrictions on playing friendlies, no permits required, no re-instatement rule.
  • Clubs with floodlights will be scheduled some midweek games, and will have set ko times throughout the season ie you will use the lights on Saturday afternoons in winter.

Nugent, whilst I understand your stance and your love for your club.

If your club were to move, they would be playing the same clubs, with the same players, whose nicknames wont change, the cup you would still touch the night you won it and it would feel exactly the same as the junior league you play in.

You have used one extreme example to try and get your point across, look at the bigger picture, bsc Glasgow dont have a base but every other team in the LL does and their crowds are just as large as most if the top junior clubs. The argument you believe in isnt there anymore and is outdated.

The list of benefits above should more make your blood boil that the sjfa have been taking fine money to pay their wages....sorry be sustainable for years.

The game.es you would play would still be exactly the same at senior non league.

26 minutes ago, G4Mac said:

Nugent, whilst I understand your stance and your love for your club.

If your club were to move, they would be playing the same clubs, with the same players, whose nicknames wont change, the cup you would still touch the night you won it and it would feel exactly the same as the junior league you play in.

You have used one extreme example to try and get your point across, look at the bigger picture, bsc Glasgow dont have a base but every other team in the LL does and their crowds are just as large as most if the top junior clubs. The argument you believe in isnt there anymore and is outdated.

The list of benefits above should more make your blood boil that the sjfa have been taking fine money to pay their wages....sorry be sustainable for years.

The game.es you would play would still be exactly the same at senior non league.

Also add as the sjfa continue to take the club's money to add to their half million pounds which they have in their bank why that obscene amount is just sitting there when some club's struggle to pay referees and keep their club afloat

People are being too nice here. The words "junior" and "semi pro" are not interchangeable. The OP is posting utter shite.

Teams in the West will leave and thrive. Others will stay and stagnate for a year or two then move over. Change is inevitable so there's no point wasting your time correcting drivel to get back "well we are all entitled to our opinions".

31 minutes ago, wow-wee said:

Also add as the sjfa continue to take the club's money to add to their half million pounds which they have in their bank why that obscene amount is just sitting there when some club's struggle to pay referees and keep their club afloat

At some point in the fairly new future there’s not going to be enough coming in to pay the wages/junior cup prize money so the pot will start going down, then a few years later the organisation will become just about unable to continue if any more leave, so grant money suddenly becomes available to stop it.  Then when the pot by sheer coincidence is the same as the redundancy needed for TJ he’ll leave and so will the remaining clubs.

8 hours ago, gogsy said:

Last four league attendances quoted for Arthurlie on the junior attendances thread are 135 v Cambuslang, 120 v St Rochs, 130 v Blantyre Vics and 140 v Gartcairn. That's about the same as the average of Civil and Gala and not much more than the average gate of the likes of Gretna/BSC/Dalbeattie / BSC.

Arthurlies support has fallen away drastically over the last 10 years sadly and with them struggling again in the lower divisions that isn’t going to change soon in the current structure.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 25/02/2020 at 15:26, Ginaro said:

These tweets aged well...

Sorry for singling you out, it wasn't a personal thing more to make a point. I have been transparent on here from day one basically because I host a radio show and my name is Robert Burns. I love junior football, I love the way we always come together etc. I also realise that times are definitely changing, and adapt or die is probably true at the moment.

I kinda like to think that this year will be the 12th Legends event I have arranged and I am also coming up for nine years on the radio promoting junior football clubs that I am entitled to an opinion.

I have been wrong on many occasions, at other times I might have said something you or others didn't agree with but... I have given guests a platform to speak and while I maybe didn't agree with them I gave them air space because... life is all about opinions as is football.

I would honestly like to think that although you don't agree with my thoughts, if you listened a few weeks ago, I did state all go or nobody goes don't leave any clubs behind, now that seems the way Talbot are going and I applaud them.

I have spoken to Burnie Man on a few occasions and in years gone past he helped me regards the Arthurlie programme, I don't agree with lots of things he says but I have the upmost respect for his views because I know who he is and what he has done for his club and juniors as a whole.

Yourself though are sat behind a user name and trawling my twitter account from last year?

I just have to ask one question...... why?

Anyway all the best to all the present junior clubs, and all of the football community getting through this virus.

Take good care folks

Due to the current situation regarding CV, Pulse Radio has advised that no guests will be permitted into the station from this week only. Therefor Nugent4nil will be hanging up its microphones until things change.

We will be back but in the meantime we would like to wish you all a Merry Christmas and a fantastic New Year, good helth to you and your families.

Dynamite Dave and Borning Bob x

• 1 month later...