Nugent4nil

Nugent4nil

Jexit will obviously happen, as in the Juniors leaving the current set up but for what?
A chance to be promoted into the Lowland League that has clubs younger than your match day mascots who have a zero fan base, more traveling, more costs in traveling,  less 'local' derby's.
YES there is that carrot of the 'BIG' Scottish Cup and the chance of entering the bottom tier of the SPFL which is dying on its arse and will mean you have to have floodlights, emergency services, raise your prices, etc.
I follow Junior football because I love it, name another grade where your team can win a cup but you know you will hold it that night?
Name a grade where you know every player by first and nicknames and can share a bear with them after.
The list is endless, my huge worry is that some will go and others will be left behind hence IMO if one goes we all go if not we stay as we are and look at the possibilities.
I love junior football and must state that while many make comments about this and that that member clubs vote in the West committee and clubs vote in their representative's so if your a member and not happy do something rather than sit on here and moan.

The bit about knowing a players name and nickname, absolutely embarrassing. Can't believe the Linlithgow fans don't know their players names now.....

3 minutes ago, Junior Pub League said:

Lies.

what a slavering mess of a post you've made there. Dinosaurs like you can stay in your pub leagues and let the rest of us get on with progression and ambition.

So you 'think' there are spaces for new senior teams while the likes of Pollok have a bigger home support than most in the bottom two divisions?

1 minute ago, Brother Grimm said:
8 minutes ago, Nugent4nil said:
Jexit will obviously happen, as in the Juniors leaving the current set up but for what?
A chance to be promoted into the Lowland League that has clubs younger than your match day mascots who have a zero fan base, more traveling, more costs in traveling,  less 'local' derby's.
YES there is that carrot of the 'BIG' Scottish Cup and the chance of entering the bottom tier of the SPFL which is dying on its arse and will mean you have to have floodlights, emergency services, raise your prices, etc.
I follow Junior football because I love it, name another grade where your team can win a cup but you know you will hold it that night?
Name a grade where you know every player by first and nicknames and can share a bear with them after.
The list is endless, my huge worry is that some will go and others will be left behind hence IMO if one goes we all go if not we stay as we are and look at the possibilities.
I love junior football and must state that while many make comments about this and that that member clubs vote in the West committee and clubs vote in their representative's so if your a member and not happy do something rather than sit on here and moan.

The bit about knowing a players name and nickname, absolutely embarrassing. Can't believe the Linlithgow fans don't know their players names now.....

I get you, sorry, I mean if they go up to the SPLF

Robert,

Nobody is forcing any team to join the pyramid as it stands.

Teams can stay junior if they want, or sign up for the new WosFL.

Each to their own, and no club should be criticised for their decision, as long as their office bearers have made a proper investigation into the facts.

On 19/02/2020 at 16:37, Nugent4nil said:

To be honest, I think a slebbering mess and dinosaur comment is not needed but I do believe that your posted arguments above are just ,... nothing to write home about.

What's it got to do with playing against a team who are new, absolutely nothing. Every team , including the team you follow, and I follow started new at one time or another so everyone should be and is given the chance to start and should not suffer.

Clubs like Clydebank and Kilwinning are not leaving because they want in the Scottish cup, they are leaving because they want to progress and better themsefls, what's wrong with that.
I guarantee there are clubs who do not want to leave but will consider leaving because they are fearful what will happen if certain other teams leave.

You say all the clubs going to the pyramid will and I quote "and will mean you have to have floodlights, emergency services, raise your prices, etc." but that will only happen to teams who win the WOS League or EOS league or SOS league, NOT ONE SINGLE TEAM BELOW TEIR 5 needs to change anything right now and many will NEVER need to change as they will stay where they are at the level that is right for them.

I made my comments about the podcast and now do I feel the podcast is objective ?, NO IT IS NOT.  When the chairman stated that they would have to pay tons of money to join the pyramid, why wasn't he corrected there when most know that to be untrue .

If I was for the pyramid, which I am or for the juniors I would look at both points negative and positive and try and come up with an objective view knowing that being objective, I would find the best solution for my club that either staying or joining.

I will say the juniors have  a lot of community teams but guess what, if those teams leave the junior ranks to join the pyramid/senior ranks or they decide to stay junior, they will still be a community team, always will be, they just might get fans from outside the community follow them which happens at junior level anyways.

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

14 minutes ago, glensmad said:

Robert,

Nobody is forcing any team to join the pyramid as it stands.

Teams can stay junior if they want, or sign up for the new WosFL.

Each to their own, and no club should be criticised for their decision, as long as their office bearers have made a proper investigation into the facts.

Correct Peter, my worry is we go or stay but some will be left behind and iMO id love the West Juniors to either go enmass or stay.

I get you, sorry, I mean if they go up to the SPLF
But for 99% of teams not much will change, other than in time you may foster new local rivalry via cup/league competition. Local football is still going to be the norm.

EK Thistle/Lowland EK
Cumbernauld Colts/United
Nithsdale Wanderers/Kello Rovers
Brechin City/Vics

7 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

To be honest, I think a slebbering mess and dinosaur comment is not needed but I do believe that your posted arguments above are just ,... nothing to write home about.

What's it got to do with playing against a team who are new, absolutely nothing. Every team , including the team you follow, and I follow started new at one time or another so everyone should be and is given the chance to start and should not suffer.

Clubs like Clydebank and Kilwinning and not leaving because they want in the Scottish cup, they are leaving because they want to progress and better themsefls, what's wrong with that.
I guarantee there are clubs who do not want to leave but will consider leaving because they are fearful what will happen if certain other teams leave.

You say all the clubs going to the pyramid will and I quote "and will mean you have to have floodlights, emergency services, raise your prices, etc." but that will only happen to teams who win the WOS League or EOS league or SOS league, NOT ONE SINGLE TEAM BELOW TEIR 5 needs to change anything right now and many will NEVER need to change as they will stay where they are at the level that is right for them.

I made my comments about the podcast and now do I feel the podcast is objective ?, NO IT IS NOT.  When the chairman stated that they would have to pay tons of money to join the pyramid, why wasn't he corrected there when most know that to be untrue .

If I was for the pyramid, which I am or for the juniors I would look at both points negative and positive and try and come up with an objective view knowing that being objective, I would find the best solution for my club that either staying or joining.

Thanks you so much, a reasonable and qualified opinion which I may agree or not with but the fact youve actually taken time is appreciated.

Regards the show, anyone is welcome along they have free reign to talk so opinions vary,if you fancy coming along one Thursday night to Barrhead you willbe more than welcome.

1 minute ago, Nugent4nil said:

Thanks you so much, a reasonable and qualified opinion which I may agree or not with but the fact youve actually taken time is appreciated.

Regards the show, anyone is welcome along they have free reign to talk so opinions vary,if you fancy coming along one Thursday night to Barrhead you willbe more than welcome.

Thank you and appreciated. I'm not here to lambast juniors leaving or staying. I want what I  believe is best for all our football levels and I like to think my views are as objective as possible and will never try to lambast anyone's views being different if its in a reasonable context.  This post and its views and the situation arriving with the pyramid yes or no, stay or leave scenarios  are such an important issue with juniors leaving and staying but too many have hidden agendas on here and the right information is not getting through a lot of times.

I have taken an interest as I coach at youth level and have successfully been part of coaching staff who has produced grassroots lads to either junior or senior ranks.
Obviously the youth pathways with junior teams is my interest and always will be so yes, if and when you are wanting to have a show in regards to the effect of the pathways, of which I'm very much involved and have been with a few youth academies then I'll love to take up your offer but right now you have many more important people in regarding to juniors and seniors people in the know to be added to your show

59 minutes ago, Nugent4nil said:

I used to know a few of Whitehill Welfare’s players’ nicknames, spoke to their keeper and other players a lot, as a 12-13 year old around 2000/01.

I’ve got friends that regularly got out in town with Highland League and League players from the area.

I’m sure there is a video on Twitter somewhere showing regular Musselburgh fans drinking and having a laugh with the trophy they just won.

And guess what? All they volunteers that keep the clubs running will still be running the clubs in tier 5,6 and 7 of a West of Scotland league...

To suggest these things only happen in the juniors is nonsense

Edited by Spyro

Correct.
Andy, if you're reading this, Blantyre Victoria's ground in its current state is compliant for entry to the pyramid at tier 6 and below. You don't need to spend a penny.

To go to the lowland league all they’d need is floodlights, disabled toilet and a wee cover for two wheelchairs. Obviously the lights etc cost a bit but it’s not like they’d have to abandon their smart wee ground to join is the point im making.

59 minutes ago, Nugent4nil said:

Oh dear............

1 hour ago, Nugent4nil said:

everything you say is simply wrong I respect you for your opinion and all the things you have done to promote the juniors but the first problem you will find their won't be many teams left to form an association junior football as we know it will end you may not like it but it will. The only thing that will change is the name no more junior and club's like arthurlie will continue as normal over the next 10 years teams at the top will change as they progress as long as the upgrade their ground to meet the sfa licence other than that nothing changes. Junior grounds everywhere are decaying fast like dunterlie and if they can't find money from somewhere then it will get even worse and widen the gap between yourselves and those who are lucky enough to do improvements albeit a junior team of a senior team.

Edited by wow-wee

Nugent, have you done any research into the pyramid and what it would entail for your club? But the sounds of your post I get the impression you have not.

There are no increased costs, no emergency services costs (this is a new one) and no further travel than your club has now.

To get to tier 5, clubs will have to work towards it in terms of their off the field investment.

Your club would still be the same club, they dont have to change anything, there is no 'special feeling to the grade', its 11 players trying to play football against another 11 players, trying to score more goals than each other.

Ask the Blantyre chairman if saving the money from fines paid for yellow and red cards would make a difference to his club?

the WOS won’t have fines for clubs, probably saving about £1000 a year.

access to Football Partnership funding

Oh! And the players will still talk to you

26 minutes ago, parkcircus said:

Ask the Blantyre chairman if saving the money from fines paid for yellow and red cards would make a difference to his club?

the WOS won’t have fines for clubs, probably saving about £1000 a year.

access to Football Partnership funding

Oh! And the players will still talk to you

£4 a booking in a cup game. (£10 in the Scottish).

£10 after 6 cautions in the League - it would have to be quite an undisciplined team to cost £1000 a year.

I'm getting a wee bit fed up of the condescending manner of the pyramid standard bearers on here. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. This thread is all about a show hosted by a couple of guys who have been an integral part of Junior Football for their lifetimes. For people who currently spend every waking hour on this forum trying to big up the pyramid to sneer and make, frankly, arsey comments like "oh dear" is the real embarrassment.

3 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

I'm getting a wee bit fed up of the condescending manner of the pyramid standard bearers on here. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. This thread is all about a show hosted by a couple of guys who have been an integral part of Junior Football for their lifetimes. For people who currently spend every waking hour on this forum trying to big up the pyramid to sneer and make, frankly, arsey comments like "oh dear" is the real embarrassment.

That right Jim?   If you had paid attention, I highlighted the bit about the claim that only in the Juniors can you talk to players, have a beer with them or touch the cup after a win.

Oh dear? maybe it should have been Oh FFS............

1 minute ago, jimbaxters said:

I think your the embarrassment you don t live in this country and watch talbot from afar but got plenty to say on junior football .

1 minute ago, Burnie_man said:

That right Jim?   If you had paid attention, I highlighted the bit about the claim that only in the Juniors can you talk to players, have a beer with them or touch the cup after a win.

Oh dear? maybe it should have been Oh FFS............

I think it is right, aye. I've said before about your stinking attitude. Not changed my mind.