Nugent4nil

Nugent4nil

Good listen guys but all this Blantyre are best team everyone has seen is quite amusing , we have played and beat them twice at Blantyre this season 

People will only seem both teams once or twice in the season and can only base their opinion on that. Imo they are the best footballing side I have seen this season. In the 2 games I have seen you guys you are a lot more back to forward but it works for you just as a passing game works for Blantyre.

You do seem to have an awful big chip on your shoulder and seem to see digs at Darvel when there are none. Your top of the league be happy!!

18 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

Good listen guys but all this Blantyre are best team everyone has seen is quite amusing , we have played and beat them twice at Blantyre this season 

Your mob have polluted the other podcast and get enough hype there. Leave these lads to their own opinion.

12 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

Your mob have polluted the other podcast and get enough hype there. Leave these lads to their own opinion.

I know who i would rather pay to watch and its not Darvel.  Blantyre team built on a shoestring and playing for the love of the game, not an over inflated wage packet.  Lets face it , Darvel stop paying big money and most, if not all those players, will be  out the door. 

Most neutrals i have spoken to agree the Vics are the best football side they have met.  They can't all be wrong.  

I know who i would rather pay to watch and its not Darvel.  Blantyre team built on a shoestring and playing for the love of the game, not an over inflated wage packet.  Lets face it , Darvel stop paying big money and most, if not all those players, will be  out the door. 
Most neutrals i have spoken to agree the Vics are the best football side they have met.  They can't all be wrong.  

They can't all be rite either [emoji16][emoji16]

I'm sorry if this upsets a few people but I have to be honest on this post regarding the interview

Having signed for Blantyre Vics during my playing career I was interested to listen to this and honestly, I've never heard something so blinked and no vision in all my life and that's what I fear the problem is with  a lot of people running clubs, whether they remain junior or move to seniors.
The chairman saying, kids are not playing football anymore, ffs if he hasn't got a clue why then there's no hope of him doing anything about it and especially in regards to bringing youth that will help his clubs future.
Then the crap about saying about its costing money to go to the seniors when its not, only if a team from the juniors joins and wants to get promoted to tier 5 then they have to update their facilities but that wont happen to Blantyre for a long time.

If he/the club are to remain in the junior association then that's fine but to use those reasons when he is wrong, that's does my head in.
I genuinely hope they do research and make sure all options are covered.

and to Glensmad comment below, yeah 100% agree but the podcast people don't help either or are they blinkered or just want a reaction to their show.

I wish Blantyre all the best, I genuinely do 

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

I agree, and it's astonishing that this myth is still out there amongst people running junior football clubs. Shows like Nugent4nil and The Voice of Junior Football Podcast should be asking these guys "exactly what is going to cost you anything more than the current situation ?" Whenever I've asked that question I've never received an answer.

Blantyre v Darvel in the cup game - up until darvel went down to 10 men Blantyre were in real danger of being at the end of a big defeat. I know they have gone on a real run since then so should make for good run in and 3rd meeting @ darvel

4 hours ago, glensmad said:

I agree, and it's astonishing that this myth is still out there amongst people running junior football clubs. Shows like Nugent4nil and The Voice of Junior Football Podcast should be asking these guys "exactly what is going to cost you anything more than the current situation ?" Whenever I've asked that question I've never received an answer.

f**k me this is like a game of pyramid bingo :lol:

"I don't think we should be entering these stupid leagues", "this Lowland League and so on", Usual complaints about SPFL prices (as if Blantyre or Arthurlie are ever going to be playing nationally), "Midweek games against Gretna" etc.

Nugent4nil says Blantyre can't cover their expenses from their gates but then complains that juniors will need play against three year old clubs with a support of 20 on a good day. So what's the problem, is it only junior clubs who are allowed to get their income from somewhere other than gate money?

"I don't think we should be entering these stupid leagues", "this Lowland League and so on", Usual complaints about SPFL prices (as if Blantyre or Arthurlie are ever going to be playing nationally), "Midweek games against Gretna" etc.
Nugent4nil says Blantyre can't cover their expenses from their gates but then complains that juniors will need play against three year old clubs with a support of 20 on a good day. So what's the problem, is it only junior clubs who are allowed to get their income from somewhere other than gate money?

I agree with most of what you post but why take a shot at the clubs?

This is the sort of misinformation that has been spread by people in power to sow doubt into the decision making process of clubs. This is what happens when there is a vacuum of information whoever puts information out there first is normally believed as a trusted source.

If clubs don’t want to go for whatever reason they shouldn’t be ridiculed as seems a section on here want to do.

4 hours ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

This is the sort of misinformation that has been spread by people in power to sow doubt into the decision making process of clubs. This is what happens when there is a vacuum of information whoever puts information out there first is normally believed as a trusted source.

If clubs don’t want to go for whatever reason they shouldn’t be ridiculed as seems a section on here want to do.

For me I'm not taking a shot ant any particular club as I believe I am always objective both with pyramid views, senior views and junior views. I want what is best for Scottish football and I believe the pyramid will work. What annoys me is the information that the Blantyre chairman is stating, which it totally and utterly incorrect and out of date.    The comments about less kids playing football and doesn't know why or doesn't  know how to rectify this in his area especially when he is chairman of a junior club, the opportunities are endless. Also about it will cost the club tons and tons of money to update stadium to join the pyramid when this aint true.   These are the things that are out there to be ridiculed especially that the information is out there to be understood.

I commend any team that leaves junior football to join the pyramid seniors and I commend any junior team who decides to stay junior, either way it should be in the best interests of your club BUT to go or stay to inaccurate information is stupid, ignorant and misguided

3 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Also about it will cost the club tons and tons of money to update stadium to join the pyramid when this aint true. 

Correct.

Andy, if you're reading this, Blantyre Victoria's ground in its current state is compliant for entry to the pyramid at tier 6 and below. You don't need to spend a penny.

14 hours ago, Ginaro said:

He actually said that?  These podcasts should be helping to correct misinformation rather than perpetuate it.  You can begin to understand the level of untruths and misinformation peddled in the Junior game over the last decade, too many unthinkingly lap it up.

Also, another great illustration why the LL don't want Junior FA's anywhere near the Pyramid.

Edited by Burnie_man

5 hours ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

Saying that Blantyre or Arthurlie won't be playing in the SPFL is hardly taking a shot at them - unless you think they will be?

No one is being ridiculed or criticised simply because they don't want to go - they are being called out for the misinformation they are spreading, the information they are basing their decisions on, and the sometimes spurious reasons for wanting to remain junior.

42 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

He actually said that?  These podcasts should be helping to correct misinformation rather than perpetuate it.  You can begin to understand the level of untruths and misinformation peddled in the Junior game over the last decade, too many unthinkingly lap it up.

Also, another great illustration why the LL don't want Junior FA's anywhere near the Pyramid.

Yes, the first bit was 4 minutes in, and the rest was later on from 33:28 http://listenagain.canstream.co.uk/pulse/audio/pulse_13-02-20_4-19_1581620401.mp3

The co-host did seem to be the sensible one on the show - saying that you only need to upgrade your park further down the line, and in response to the midweek in Gretna trope said that the Juniors play Sat-Mon-Wed-Sat so you need to make sacrifices anyway.

The Blantyre chairman also mentioned it was £900 for a bus to Buckie for the Junior Cup - so they only got their £310 guarantee (204 miles) from the home club who probably got ~£150 (assuming 100ish crowd).

Funny enough the Blantyre crowd was 36 on Saturday (yes I know it was played in Airdrie) - don't think a LL crowd has got that low this season.

Edited by Ginaro

For me I'm not taking a shot ant any particular club as I believe I am always objective both with pyramid views, senior views and junior views. I want what is best for Scottish football and I believe the pyramid will work. What annoys me is the information that the Blantyre chairman is stating, which it totally and utterly incorrect and out of date.    The comments about less kids playing football and doesn't know why or doesn't  know how to rectify this in his area especially when he is chairman of a junior club, the opportunities are endless. Also about it will cost the club tons and tons of money to update stadium to join the pyramid when this aint true.   These are the things that are out there to be ridiculed especially that the information is out there to be understood.

I commend any team that leaves junior football to join the pyramid seniors and I commend any junior team who decides to stay junior, either way it should be in the best interests of your club BUT to go or stay to inaccurate information is stupid, ignorant and misguided

Again I don’t disagree but some anonymous poster on pie and bovril isn’t going to sway the chairman of a club who have been told (wrong) information from a trusted body. As I have said all too often through this process there should have been statements giving clear and concise facts to combat misinformation. That has been going on since 2008 at least with £250k toilets etc. There hasn’t even been a statement to say there is no more PWG meeting. This allowed for a statement to go to clubs that said negotiations are ongoing when quite clearly there not.

3 minutes ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

Again I don’t disagree but some anonymous poster on pie and bovril isn’t going to sway the chairman of a club who have been told (wrong) information from a trusted body. As I have said all too often through this process there should have been statements giving clear and concise facts to combat misinformation. That has been going on since 2008 at least with £250k toilets etc. There hasn’t even been a statement to say there is no more PWG meeting. This allowed for a statement to go to clubs that said negotiations are ongoing when quite clearly there not.

100% agreement with your post.

Me personally, I aint interested in swaying anyone, chairman or otherwise. Whoever he has listened to is incorrect, feeding him wrong information and as a chairman of ANY club, they have to make decisions, be part of decisions for the good of the club and on the foundation of what he has said, he is making a decision solely based on wrong information.
If I was a fan of a junior football club, I would want to know what is happening with my club as at this current juncture, decisions are going to be very important on their clubs future and again, I would want my club to act on the CORRECT INFORMATION.

Totally agree with official statements being put out.
One the PWG meetings, being so important for the life of me, why wasn't there any minutes taken for the PWG meetings, one of the reasons why there is so much confusion and arguments with people saying one thing when others said they said something else.

On 17/02/2020 at 22:06, Darvel legend said:

I personally think that the best team I have seen this season are Blantyre Vic's football wise. Young squad, want to play football, brilliant but inconsistent as you always get with young players. Darvel are the team to beat because they have the best players, the best set up and a very professional approach.

I have praised, as has Davie, Darvel on countless occasions on the show because of what they have done on and off the park, off the park is a thing of beauty and more power to you and them.

Whatever happens regards Jexit you will finish in a promotion place without a doubt. Cracking gaffer and a squad filled with quality that can play silky football or roll up their sleeves and play fitbaw and grind out results.

I wish you well going forward and love the fact youve put something into a club that obviously means a lot to you and I seriously hope everything goes to plan as so far results on and off the park are very impressive.

Only issue I have is you always go on the defensive, take the credit, take the knocks, Blantyre Vics are a better football team to watch but you will finish above them and I wish you well.

Its Thursday nights in Barrhead if and when you fancy coming along as a guest where you will be given a platform and made very welcome.

Robert

Jexit will obviously happen, as in the Juniors leaving the current set up but for what?

A chance to be promoted into the Lowland League that has clubs younger than your match day mascots who have a zero fan base, more traveling, more costs in traveling,  less 'local' derby's.

YES there is that carrot of the 'BIG' Scottish Cup and the chance of entering the bottom tier of the SPFL which is dying on its arse and will mean you have to have floodlights, emergency services, raise your prices, etc.

I follow Junior football because I love it, name another grade where your team can win a cup but you know you will hold it that night?

Name a grade where you know every player by first and nicknames and can share a bear with them after.

The list is endless, my huge worry is that some will go and others will be left behind hence IMO if one goes we all go if not we stay as we are and look at the possibilities.

I love junior football and must state that while many make comments about this and that that member clubs vote in the West committee and clubs vote in their representative's so if your a member and not happy do something rather than sit on here and moan.