Your team's worst XI of the decade

This may not be our actual worst XI, because I suppose the majority of the shite ones would have only played one or two times. But this is the XI who I hated the most. The players who I just dreaded seeing in Red.

GK - Scott Brown. Jurgen Klopp cost Aberdeen the title. He gets the Liverpool job and recalls Danny Ward, and doesn’t play him. We get left with this jobber. League Cup semi 2015, chucks one in against the Arabs. Key league match v Celtic, chucks in 4 when we were doing ok. He was nowhere near good enough, and never was. He’s what happens when you sign two goalkeepers of roughly equal level for “competition”. Sign a No1 and be done with it.

RB - Richard “Ricky” Foster. I always hated this bellend. He was shite when he broke through, and he was shite when he was a regular. The only time he comes onto a game, he fucks off to Rangers on loan. Seems like a p***k as well.

CB - Jerel Ifil. It’s been done. He was gash.

CB - Zander Diamond. I loved him when he came through, but by the time this decade came round, he was so far past his best, still in his early 20s. It’s obvious he had all the physical attributes to make it, but f**k all going on between those lugs. The Celtic birthday cake picture didn’t help either. I really resented him by the time he left, and I’m not surprised he never made it.

LB - Clark Robertson. It was so bleeding obvious that he was never a full back. Gangly, slow, rubbish on the ball. He went to my school and was a bit of a p***k as well. Seems to be doing alright as a centre back down south, but Christ he was rotten here.

RM- Greg Stewart. Honestly, he can just f**k off. f**k f**k off. Fat, slow, cowardly, unambitious. For this guy to be any good, he apparently has to have the whole fucking team focussed entirely on him, and he has to be playing centrally, and playing behind the right type of striker, and he hasn’t had a big holiday. A chubby loser who has ended up at the right place.

CM - Stephen Hughes. Nothing sums up Craig Brown’s safety-first reign like Stephen Fucking Hughes. Sitting in a freezing cold Easter Road in 2013 watching two nothing teams completely unable to break each other down. Stephen Hughes receives the ball at the edge of the box and proceeds to turn one way, then the next, going back and back and back until he passes it back to the keeper. Rotten.

CM - Gary McDonald. A total nobody. Zero presence. Soft defensively and shite going forward. I hope we never see the likes again.

CM - Greg Tansey. This signing sums up the worst feature of Derek McInnes’ signing policy. Tansey was a decent player for a while at Caley Thistle and played well against us a couple of times. McInnes gets obsessed with players who beat us (May, Main, Stewart) and always tries to sign them. The initial deal fell through, but Tansey signed 18 months later, even though his form was rotten, Caley had been relegated and he had developed injury niggles. Came into a side crying out for solidity in the middle of the park and, a couple of nice set pieces aside, did f**k all. Subbed in the first half v Rangers after conceding a penalty and basically never seen again. Hopeless.

LM - Chris Clark. Is there a less exciting winger? He was alright in his first spell, but when he came back he was slow, uninventive and injured. Again, totally indicative of Craig Brown’s conservative style. Seems a nice chap.

ST - Andrius Velička. When you’ve only got one full back on your books, even if he is Ricky Foster, do not swap him for another striker. Especially when you’ve already got six on the books. Someone please tell Mark McGhee this. Honestly, what was going through his pig shit head when he did this? Velička himself was atrocious, enormous and injury-prone and probably doesn’t even remember he played for us.

Manager - Mark McGhee. c**t.

18 hours ago, spiggle said:

I guess we'll agree to disagree then. I'm assuming you wouldn't have him in our worst XI over the last 10 years?

Im not saying he was one of our better player but there has been a lot worse than him. He didn't fit our style of play.

GK - Tony Bullock - Possibly the worst EVER keeper to play for Livi

RB - Jonathon Brown - Reasons for his inclusion have been covered by other posters already

CB - Neil Hastings - By all accounts he was a decent coach with the youngsters but a football he was not

CB - Michael O'Byrne - Signed from Albion Rovers as "an exciting prospect"....maybe exciting for opposition teams when they saw him in the lineup.

LB - Ibra Sevane - Tough decision as we haven't had too many bad left backs. Sevane takes it due to being so unfit and only managing to play 1 or 2 games.

RM - Aaron Conway - Watched him in the preseason friendly against Spartans that year and thought him and Bobby Barr would destroy teams up and down the wings....Conway always looked overweight like Lee Matthews playing on the wing.

CM - Hugo Faria - Looked every inch the cultured continental midfielder that would be spraying pin point passes all over the park and strolling every game....then he started playing and literally strolled everywhere having zero effect.

CM - (The Famous) Mathew Knox - The player with the best agent in the game...not sure exactly what position he was supposed to be...he played a bit in the middle, a bit up front, a bit on the wings....and was hopeless at them all. Had a terrible attitude by all accounts and never looked close to living up to the hype that surrounded him when he was on trial at Rangers or Manchester United and had interest from Spurs and Liverpool too.

LM - Moses Duckrell - Scott Pittman summed him up best when he said he's a great guy...a terrible footballer though.

FW - Ibra Sekajja - Harsh inclusion considering he obviously had a bit of talent and scored an important goal at Ibrox....but then injured himself celebrating said goal and will now forever be known as a complete diddy.

FW - Rob Ogleby - A nothing player who has already retired from playing at 27. His wikipedia entry for his time here sums him up nicely "Ogleby signed for Livingston in July 2014"

Honourable mentions

Andrew McNeil - Terrible keeper with a haircut that looked like the knot in a bin bag

Kenny Miller - Still has the mental side to his game and can still stick the ball in the net, however was always dropping so deep to manage the team on the field that he was useless as a striker. Showed in his time at Dundee he could still do a job when he didn't have the pressure of management over his head

Gary Maley - An absolute gent and bit of a club legend but he's not a professional footballer

Gregg Wylde - Another one that caused some excitement and flattered to decieve. Livi aren't the kind of team that can afford to bring a player in and not play him...but Gregg Wylde was one of those players

Darren Cole - Was brilliant in his first season then became one of the worst players in that team after that

20 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Im not saying he was one of our better player but there has been a lot worse than him. He didn't fit our style of play.

RB - Jonathon Brown - Reasons for his inclusion have been covered by other posters already

CB - Neil Hastings - By all accounts he was a decent coach with the youngsters but a football he was not

CB - Michael O'Byrne - Signed from Albion Rovers as "an exciting prospect"....maybe exciting for opposition teams when they saw him in the lineup.

LB - Ibra Sevane - Tough decision as we haven't had too many bad left backs. Sevane takes it due to being so unfit and only managing to play 1 or 2 games.

RM - Aaron Conway - Watched him in the preseason friendly against Spartans that year and thought him and Bobby Barr would destroy teams up and down the wings....Conway always looked overweight like Lee Matthews playing on the wing.

CM - Hugo Faria - Looked every inch the cultured continental midfielder that would be spraying pin point passes all over the park and strolling every game....then he started playing and literally strolled everywhere having zero effect.

CM - (The Famous) Mathew Knox - The player with the best agent in the game...not sure exactly what position he was supposed to be...he played a bit in the middle, a bit up front, a bit on the wings....and was hopeless at them all. Had a terrible attitude by all accounts and never looked close to living up to the hype that surrounded him when he was on trial at Rangers or Manchester United and had interest from Spurs and Liverpool too.

LM - Moses Duckrell - Scott Pittman summed him up best when he said he's a great guy...a terrible footballer though.

FW - Ibra Sekajja - Harsh inclusion considering he obviously had a bit of talent and scored an important goal at Ibrox....but then injured himself celebrating said goal and will now forever be known as a complete diddy.

FW - Rob Ogleby - A nothing player who has already retired from playing at 27. His wikipedia entry for his time here sums him up nicely "Ogleby signed for Livingston in July 2014"

Honourable mentions

Andrew McNeil - Terrible keeper with a haircut that looked like the knot in a bin bag

Kenny Miller - Still has the mental side to his game and can still stick the ball in the net, however was always dropping so deep to manage the team on the field that he was useless as a striker. Showed in his time at Dundee he could still do a job when he didn't have the pressure of management over his head

Gary Maley - An absolute gent and bit of a club legend but he's not a professional footballer

Gregg Wylde - Another one that caused some excitement and flattered to decieve. Livi aren't the kind of team that can afford to bring a player in and not play him...but Gregg Wylde was one of those players

Darren Cole - Was brilliant in his first season then became one of the worst players in that team after that

To be honest it's all a matter of opinion. There are some rank rotten players there. I agree that left back was the struggle, as we seemed to have a riches there through the leagues. I'd disagree on Jonny Brown as he was decent in the 3rd division before he broke his leg. He wasn't the same player after that happened. I always remembered him as being a right dirty player, who put in some shocking challenges which was why I had a soft spot. I'd still go Bradley Donaldson over him as at least we got a decent half season out of Brown which was more than we got from Donaldson. And not having Sheerin up front is a crime, he was truly awful. At least Sekaija had some skill and could do a back flip, could you imagine Jordan Sheerin trying a backflip?

Sheerin had value as a target man, nobody could shift him once he planted his feet on the ground.:lol: Also scored a peach of a goal at Easter road, think it was Buchanan that played him in for the shot. Think big Armand One was a lot worse than Sheerin, at six feet four he is the only guy that I know that actually made himself smaller when he jumped to head the ball, he bent down as he jumped. Scored a cracking goal against Ross County? I think, took the ball down the wing and cut inside to rifle it into the net, that's about all he did for us.

Bullock started out a complete train wreck of a keeper, always charging out his box and costing us goals, QP away he got chipped doing it, and sure he also got a red card for handling the ball outside of the box. But once we got the invisible bungee rope attached to him, stopping him from doing it he was not too bad, decent shot stopper and excellent kicker of the ball, in fact i'd go so far as to say the best we've had at kicking the ball out since Broto.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

47 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

in fact i'd go so far as to say the best we've had at kicking the ball out since Broto.

I'd say Sarkic can't be far off Broto standard. For a young guy his kicking is superb....plus he has the sideways kick similar to Broto

49 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Sheerin had value as a target man, nobody could shift him once he planted his feet on the ground.:lol: Also scored a peach of a goal at Easter road, think it was Buchanan that played him in for the shot. Think big Armand One was a lot worse than Sheerin, at six feet four he is the only guy that I know that actually made himself smaller when he jumped to head the ball, he bent down as he jumped. Scored a cracking goal against Ross County? I think, took the ball down the wing and cut inside to rifle it into the net, that's about all he did for us.

Bullock started out a complete train wreck of a keeper, always charging out his box and costing us goals, QP away he got chipped doing it, and sure he also got a red card for handling the ball outside of the box. But once we got the invisible bungee rope attached to him, stopping him from doing it he was not too bad, decent shot stopper and excellent kicker of the ball, in fact i'd go so far as to say the best we've had at kicking the ball out since Broto.

Tony Bullock is possibly the best kicker I've saw in my life. Could land a ball on a 50p piece. Pity about the rest.

I'm amused at the Celtic fans naming Temmu Pukki in their worst teams. Not for any comment on his talent but more for the fact that now Finland have qualified for the Euros the Scottish media will be bigging him up as an ex-Celtic player 

Edited by tamthebam
Bloody predictive text

On ‎26‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 16:22, Ron Aldo said:

Not that I disagree but who have we had at right back in the last decade who you could say Law was genuinely better than?

Craig Reid. Fraser Kerr also. Kerr played fuckin everywhere though so f**k knows what he was meant to be best at.

10 hours ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Honourable mentions

Stating the obvious a bit there mate. 

Just now, Busta Nut said:

Who does Mark fotheringham play with these days??

He was never a great player but seemed to pop up at a host of clubs he was never gonna play for

That's a lie, He actually seems to have done ok

On 26/11/2019 at 23:21, RussellAnderson said:

This may not be our actual worst XI, because I suppose the majority of the shite ones would have only played one or two times. But this is the XI who I hated the most. The players who I just dreaded seeing in Red.

GK - Scott Brown. Jurgen Klopp cost Aberdeen the title. He gets the Liverpool job and recalls Danny Ward, and doesn’t play him. We get left with this jobber. League Cup semi 2015, chucks one in against the Arabs. Key league match v Celtic, chucks in 4 when we were doing ok. He was nowhere near good enough, and never was. He’s what happens when you sign two goalkeepers of roughly equal level for “competition”. Sign a No1 and be done with it.

RB - Richard “Ricky” Foster. I always hated this bellend. He was shite when he broke through, and he was shite when he was a regular. The only time he comes onto a game, he fucks off to Rangers on loan. Seems like a p***k as well.

CB - Jerel Ifil. It’s been done. He was gash.

CB - Zander Diamond. I loved him when he came through, but by the time this decade came round, he was so far past his best, still in his early 20s. It’s obvious he had all the physical attributes to make it, but f**k all going on between those lugs. The Celtic birthday cake picture didn’t help either. I really resented him by the time he left, and I’m not surprised he never made it.

LB - Clark Robertson. It was so bleeding obvious that he was never a full back. Gangly, slow, rubbish on the ball. He went to my school and was a bit of a p***k as well. Seems to be doing alright as a centre back down south, but Christ he was rotten here.

RM- Greg Stewart. Honestly, he can just f**k off. f**k f**k off. Fat, slow, cowardly, unambitious. For this guy to be any good, he apparently has to have the whole fucking team focussed entirely on him, and he has to be playing centrally, and playing behind the right type of striker, and he hasn’t had a big holiday. A chubby loser who has ended up at the right place.

CM - Stephen Hughes. Nothing sums up Craig Brown’s safety-first reign like Stephen Fucking Hughes. Sitting in a freezing cold Easter Road in 2013 watching two nothing teams completely unable to break each other down. Stephen Hughes receives the ball at the edge of the box and proceeds to turn one way, then the next, going back and back and back until he passes it back to the keeper. Rotten.

CM - Gary McDonald. A total nobody. Zero presence. Soft defensively and shite going forward. I hope we never see the likes again.

CM - Greg Tansey. This signing sums up the worst feature of Derek McInnes’ signing policy. Tansey was a decent player for a while at Caley Thistle and played well against us a couple of times. McInnes gets obsessed with players who beat us (May, Main, Stewart) and always tries to sign them. The initial deal fell through, but Tansey signed 18 months later, even though his form was rotten, Caley had been relegated and he had developed injury niggles. Came into a side crying out for solidity in the middle of the park and, a couple of nice set pieces aside, did f**k all. Subbed in the first half v Rangers after conceding a penalty and basically never seen again. Hopeless.

LM - Chris Clark. Is there a less exciting winger? He was alright in his first spell, but when he came back he was slow, uninventive and injured. Again, totally indicative of Craig Brown’s conservative style. Seems a nice chap.

ST - Andrius Velička. When you’ve only got one full back on your books, even if he is Ricky Foster, do not swap him for another striker. Especially when you’ve already got six on the books. Someone please tell Mark McGhee this. Honestly, what was going through his pig shit head when he did this? Velička himself was atrocious, enormous and injury-prone and probably doesn’t even remember he played for us.

Manager - Mark McGhee. c**t.

Love the anger coming through here. Agree with the vast majority. Slightly harsh on Chris Clark, he memorably sent Alan Hutton about 4 rows up the South Stand once. Grounds for exclusion from this list for me. I'd replace him with Gregg Wylde. Arrogant wee *** c**t...who was shite.

ETA - Scott Brown seemed a likeable guy but I fucking hate him. I regularly find myself thinking what we might have achieved with a competent keeper during that time.

Edited by Dons_1988

13 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Love the anger coming through here. Agree with the vast majority. Slightly harsh on Chris Clark, he memorably sent Alan Hutton about 4 rows up the South Stand once. Grounds for exclusion from this list for me. I'd replace him with Gregg Wylde. Arrogant wee *** c**t...who was shite.

ETA - Scott Brown seemed a likeable guy but I fucking hate him. I regularly find myself thinking what we might have achieved with a competent keeper during that time.

I know what you mean about Chris Clark, but I’m with Russell because he is simply basing it on his second spell. He was simply dreadful, and I must admit that I was pleased to see him come back. Pretty sure the Hutton incident was in his first spell with us, pre 2010, but I could be wrong as pre Derek McInnes every blurs into one.

5 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Pretty sure the Hutton incident was in his first spell with us, pre 2010, but I could be wrong as pre Derek McInnes every blurs into one.

You are right, as it was a few days after we'd beaten Copenhagen 4-0. What a week.

If the rules don't count incidents pre 2010 then I'll accept his inclusion.

You are right, as it was a few days after we'd beaten Copenhagen 4-0. What a week.
If the rules don't count incidents pre 2010 then I'll accept his inclusion.

Yeah he was useful enough in his first spell, and I think the disappointment of the player who actually came back also affected how I remember him.

Gregg Wylde scored a goal right in front of me at Easter Rd to wrap up a 2-0 win (after Vernon slide-tackled one top corner from 20 yards) and for that, he seems to have escaped my ire. You’re right though, objectively a crap signing. He’s been a crap signing for a LOT of clubs.

11 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

Who does Mark fotheringham play with these days??

He was never a great player but seemed to pop up at a host of clubs he was never gonna play for

He had about 13 games for County and was alright for us. Seen much better and worse than him.

5 hours ago, Comrie said:

He had about 13 games for County and was alright for us. Seen much better and worse than him.

Was ok at Livi too, took a cracking free kick, and scored a belter in that prev mentioned Falkirk 4-3 game, to get us back in the game after we went in 3-0 down at HT.

On 26/11/2019 at 16:13, FuzzyBear said:

Izzy Iriekpen - came with a good reputation from Bristol City but rank rotten.

I remember him because ICT were linked with him before he signed for Accies and he was brilliant in FM2010.  Apparently, he later went to jail!