Your team's worst XI of the decade

1 minute ago, crazylegsjoe said:

Put Joe Chalmers instead of Petravicius basically cause I forgot Petravicius had existed. Casagolda instead of Robinson. But it's good we're all picking from the same pool of players!

Chalmers escapes it for me on a complete homer, because he is such a nice guy.

O'Brien was absolutely dreadful. His own goal on that miserable day in Dundee was unbelievable.

It is a bit bizarre to think that I could name probably two whole Hibs teams of bad players when after you get outside 15 for us they're broadly 'okay', especially with shouts for guys like Josh Law, who did fine, tbh. Even Kerr a bit unfortunate for the reasons you mention. We've done alright.

18 minutes ago, crazylegsjoe said:

Josh Law was a very harsh shout for me, I actually think he done a reasonable job at right back for us. I shoehorned Kieran Kennedy into my team at his expense.

14 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

Chalmers escapes it for me on a complete homer, because he is such a nice guy.

O'Brien was absolutely dreadful. His own goal on that miserable day in Dundee was unbelievable.

It is a bit bizarre to think that I could name probably two whole Hibs teams of bad players when after you get outside 15 for us they're broadly 'okay', especially with shouts for guys like Josh Law, who did fine, tbh. Even Kerr a bit unfortunate for the reasons you mention. We've done alright.

I feel bad putting Josh Law in my team as he does seem a genuinely nice guy but i've basically chosen him based on a process of elimination.

I agree that Law definitely gave his all but I can't really think of a right back we've had in the last 10 years who Law would get a game ahead of. Of the guys we've had in that position that were regular players I can think of Tom Hateley, Simon Ramsden and Richard Tait, all of who are better than Law. Kieran Kennedy and Craig Reid are probably the only other 2 I came up with but Kennedy played in a team that finished 5th and Reid played in a team that finished 2nd so it's hard for me to justify their selection.

I touched on it in my earlier post but the only other thing I would say about Law is that we only signed him because he was Nicky Law's brother and i'm sure I read somewhere that Stuart McCall knew his dad. McCall clearly didn't know anything about him given he made his debut as an attacking midfielder (and scored 2 tbf) before, somehow, ending up a right back. For me, he epitomises that entire 2014/15 pre-season of "foot golf" and lazy signings which almost saw us relegated.

42 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

That the same Dylan Mackin that ended the season as our joint top scorer despite playing half of it for another team?

The very same Dylan Mackin but if you had watched him play, you would see my point. I'm sure Falkirk fans would agree with me. 2 of those goals were against Brechin and 1 against Dumbarton. I stand by my statement that he can't finish. 28 games in the Championship in total, 5 goals.

12 minutes ago, spiggle said:

The very same Dylan Mackin but if you had watched him play, you would see my point. I'm sure Falkirk fans would agree with me. 2 of those goals were against Brechin and 1 against Dumbarton. I stand by my statement that he can't finish. 28 games in the Championship in total, 5 goals.

I did watch him play and I'd have said a finish was all the lad had. Don't seem to remember him spurn many chances but didn't create many for himself. Relied of loose balls or great set up play

9 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

I did watch him play and I'd have said a finish was all the lad had. Don't seem to remember him spurn many chances but didn't create many for himself. Relied of loose balls or great set up play

I guess we'll agree to disagree then. I'm assuming you wouldn't have him in our worst XI over the last 10 years?

1 hour ago, Ron Aldo said:

I touched on it in my earlier post but the only other thing I would say about Law is that we only signed him because he was Nicky Law's brother and i'm sure I read somewhere that Stuart McCall knew his dad. McCall clearly didn't know anything about him given he made his debut as an attacking midfielder (and scored 2 tbf) before, somehow, ending up a right back. For me, he epitomises that entire 2014/15 pre-season of "foot golf" and lazy signings which almost saw us relegated.

I can totally understand why he's the footgolf season poster boy, but for me he was almost close to pass marks.

Normally you would ask questions how a team that finished 2nd the season before could finish 11th, but in our case you question how on earth our 2013/14 team managed to finish 2nd. The team from the season before would wipe the floor with them.

On 22/11/2019 at 13:03, spiggle said:

It really does. All of these useless scrotes were in my thoughts. TBF you would have to be really pish up front to be worse than Sheerin and Mackin.

As slow as Mackin was he did score goals, had not many games but think he was our top goal scorer on something like 7 goals, tied with Halkett? Just didn't fit into our workman like team and stood out like a sore thumb because of it, always looked out of shape, which was criminal for a youngster.

Jonny Brown was for me the worst FB in that era, I remember him being taken apart time and again in a Falkirk away game, we were 3-0 down at HT and I was actually considering leaving, but I stuck it out and glad I did (kinda anyway, we still lost). We took him off at the interval and came back to level it 3-3, only to lose a breakaway goal at the end and lose 4-3. He was completely useless for us. BTW was it his mum that came on here and slagged Livi off for punting him?:lol:

Edit. Just checked it was 8 for the half season, incl 4 in cup games.

Hardie-8
Lithgow-8
Mackin-8
Halkett-8

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

Difficult for Accies - could probably pick 3 teams

David Hutton - makes Owain Fon Williams look competent.

Blair Adams - quite quick but couldnt actually play football.

Luis Rubiales - now top man in Spanish FA but a dreadful left back.

Izzy Iriekpen - came with a good reputation from Bristol City but rank rotten.

Marvin Andrews - should maybe have relied on a doctor rather than god to fix his knees.

Gary McDonald - heart and ability of a mouse.

Kemy Augustien - just not a footballer.

Sam Kelly - see above.

Chris Turner - League 1 at best.

Botti Biabi - how the fvck did Swansea give him a contract

Damian Casilinouvo- looked a great signing but never looked like scoring.

Subs- Anton Kurakins, Alex Penny, Jamie Sendles- White, Matt Paterson, Nicolas Sumsky.

24 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Josh Law was our most consistent performer that season, Having him in a worst 11 is very harsh.

Not that I disagree but who have we had at right back in the last decade who you could say Law was genuinely better than?

On 22/11/2019 at 08:41, Ron Aldo said:

CM: Stuart Carswell - Came through the youth academy and was another one who played in a team that finished high in the league. When that team when to shit he got found out badly. A midfielder who couldn't tackle, never scored and never set up any goals. He was generally spineless and made to look much better than he was by playing in a decent team.

Not having this one.

Played consistently in the side that finished 2nd in the league. He picked up a knee injury at the end of that season and was never the same. Lost some pace and it ruined his game.

Not even close to being the worst centre mid for us. Lee Lucas, Craig Clay, Paul Lawson, Jake Taylor, Jack Leitch. All exceptionally bad players.

And he did get at least one assist

On 22/11/2019 at 14:24, craigkillie said:

Fasan

Clohessy Ada Bouzid McHattie

Gabriel Jacobs Waddington

Eccleston Miguel Burchill

Genuinely surprised the never missed, permanently lying on the treatment table, slower than milk turning, wage thief suspect, Captain Fantastic Stevie Smith doesn’t get a midfield slot in there! Or was he unavailable due to a severe fingernail strain in the warm up?

Logan Bailly

Saidy Janko
Josh Thompson
Tyler Blackett
Edson Braafheid

Freddie Ljungberg
Willo Flood
Efrain Juarez

Amido Balde
Carlton Cole
Colin Kazim-Richards

Honourable mentions:
Joe Chalmers
Jack Hendry
Andre Blackman
Teemu Pukki
Stefan Scepovic
Nadir Ciftci
Calvin Miller
Mo Bangura
Daryl Murphy

A lot of absolutely terrible strikers.

1 hour ago, Casual Observer said:

Genuinely surprised the never missed, permanently lying on the treatment table, slower than milk turning, wage thief suspect, Captain Fantastic Stevie Smith doesn’t get a midfield slot in there! Or was he unavailable due to a severe fingernail strain in the warm up?

McHattie was a worse left-back than him and the three central midfielders were also worse. He'd certainly not be far off the squad though.

GK McCarey could barely catch, make a save or command his area despite being a big lad. Reguero was close as he was error prone as hell. If it had been a few years later when he played for us allan Creer would still win this easily.

DEF Fenlon Possibly the most incompetent player I've ever seen in a County shirt at any level. Couldn't pass, run or figure out where a full back played. Once conceded a break away goal with him at full back while he was standing in the penalty circle looking at his man. Awful.
DEF Gregersen Signed purely because of business contacts I believe and only played a few times but he was so far out of his depth it was unreal. Could barely break into a fast jog, was crap in the air and couldn't work out the offside rule as shown in a friendly vs Elgin we nearly lost due to him being awful.
DEF Mcic A slow, cumbersome shitebag. 
DEF Celcer As above, part of a disastrous summer transfer window. Played about five games and looked hopeless.

MID Duncan decent pedigree with Caley, but was a waste of a jersey. We'd have well as been playing with ten men when he was on the pitch. Clearly did not give a toss.
MID Dunfield I doubt even his family would consider him a decent footballer. Has 14 caps for Canada, somehow.
MID Chow Worked hard and loved a hard, crunching tackle about four seconds after the ball had gone. All the endeavour in the world but absolutely pish at everything.

ATT Mustafi A big unit who for some reason I thought would work well with the speedy Luckassen, but had no touch and would fall over when touched by a player, the ball or a crisp packet. Luckassen avoids the team for us getting a fee for him.
ATT Offiong Six foot four, a stone overweight, first touch of a cement mixer, the aerial prowess of a Hindenberg and a rap sheet. Utter shitebag of a man. We paid money for him. Captain of the side.
ATT Goodwillie Was good for clubs before and after County but was clearly elsewhere when he played for us. Scored one goal against Hearts but was utterly guff in general.

Manager the idiotic Owen Coyle for signing some of this junk, including Offiong and N'Gog who is spared the team after one brilliant piece of skill away at Dundee. Willie McStay as his #2.

mentions luckassen, klok, regeuro, bateson, celcer, toshney, Tansey, Gobern, eagles

As slow as Mackin was he did score goals, had not many games but think he was our top goal scorer on something like 7 goals, tied with Halkett? Just didn't fit into our workman like team and stood out like a sore thumb because of it, always looked out of shape, which was criminal for a youngster.

Jonny Brown was for me the worst FB in that era, I remember him being taken apart time and again in a Falkirk away game, we were 3-0 down at HT and I was actually considering leaving, but I stuck it out and glad I did (kinda anyway, we still lost). We took him off at the interval and came back to level it 3-3, only to lose a breakaway goal at the end and lose 4-3. He was completely useless for us. BTW was it his mum that came on here and slagged Livi off for punting him?[emoji38]

Hardie-8
Lithgow-8
Mackin-8
Halkett-8
The greetin maw was Ross Brown.

7 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Jonny Brown was for me the worst FB in that era, I remember him being taken apart time and again in a Falkirk away game, we were 3-0 down at HT and I was actually considering leaving, but I stuck it out and glad I did (kinda anyway, we still lost). We took him off at the interval and came back to level it 3-3, only to lose a breakaway goal at the end and lose 4-3. He was completely useless for us. BTW was it his mum that came on here and slagged Livi off for punting him?:lol:

One of the best games I can remember being at, weird feeling walking away after a defeat with a smile on my face. I can't remember anything about his mum signing up; I knew his dad but never had the heart to tell him his son was absolutely fucking awful.

Ross Brown is the only one I can think of with an angry parent.

Edited by LiviLion

55 minutes ago, LogieLivi said:
7 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Jonny Brown was for me the worst FB in that era, I remember him being taken apart time and again in a Falkirk away game, we were 3-0 down at HT and I was actually considering leaving, but I stuck it out and glad I did (kinda anyway, we still lost). We took him off at the interval and came back to level it 3-3, only to lose a breakaway goal at the end and lose 4-3. He was completely useless for us. BTW was it his mum that came on here and slagged Livi off for punting him?emoji38.png

Hardie-8
Lithgow-8
Mackin-8
Halkett-8

The greetin maw was Ross Brown.

11 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

One of the best games I can remember being at, weird feeling walking away after a defeat with a smile on my face. I can't remember anything about his mum signing up; I knew his dad but never had the heart to tell him his son was absolutely fucking awful.

Ross Brown is the only one I can think of with an angry parent.

Aye so it was cheers. She wasn't a happy bunny was she.:lol: