Standing as an independent

Richey Edwards

10 minutes ago, The Gypsy King said:

I probably would still be posting on here if I was an MP tbh.

I think P&B should club together and get one of its posters elected to parliament.

In that case, I nominate myself.

On the account of being utterly broke and needing a gravy train to fund my fooball, gambling and drinking habits.

16 minutes ago, BawWatchin said:

In that case, I nominate myself.

On the account of being utterly broke and needing a gravy train to fund my fooball, gambling and drinking habits.

I'll second the nomination. You're not as broke as Westminster and clearly are not going to spend the salary on daft stuff. You might think about changing your avatar, though.

5 minutes ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

I'll second the nomination. You're not as broke as Westminster and clearly are not going to spend the salary on daft stuff. You might think about changing your avatar, though.

In that case I introduce a "change BawWatchin's avatar" tax.

5% of all disposable income will go towards the implimentation of a new avatar.

Edited by BawWatchin

32 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

This may have legs. A la Peterheid with the singing bint.

Based on my view of the PnB demographic (not an absolute science I admit) I reckon candidates need to be fielded in Paisley, Falkirk and Dundee.

Imagine that.

They just can't be fans of The Rangers. We can't have peoples tax money vanishing into thin air.

Has to be someone who's all over a local issue and no particular political axe to grind. Get them in as Independent Councillor and build up their profile. P+B vote on which party they should infiltrate for progression to MEP, MSP or MP. It will be a long term project and might need Mumsnet support, but I'd say we could get absolute power before zero net carbon emissions. 

Edited by welshbairn

This may have legs. A la Peterheid with the singing bint.

Based on my view of the PnB demographic (not an absolute science I admit) I reckon candidates need to be fielded in Paisley, Falkirk and Dundee.

Imagine that.

I reside in Renfrewshire north and my MP is Newlands, he’s an arsehole who likes rugby and criticising doctors in Childrens hospitals but hes the only pro-indy candidate. Id be willing to stand on a P&B ticket in future if it got that tosser voted out. Id stand on the principle of pedestrianising the Phoenix Retail park.

I reside in Renfrewshire north and my MP is Newlands, he’s an arsehole who likes rugby and criticising doctors in Childrens hospitals but hes the only pro-indy candidate. Id be willing to stand on a P&B ticket in future if it got that tosser voted out. Id stand on the principle of pedestrianising the Phoenix Retail park.

Could be a win/win/win on that ticket. Needs to be presented as the exercise opportunities for the Linwood/Feegie junkies/obese (delete as your own personal prejudice prefers) having to walk across the barren acres of wasteland to do their shoplifting at Asdas before stopping off at Burger King on the way home for a replenishment of their hard burned calories. I like your thinking ICR.