When does the countdown to Christmas Start?

Oleksandr

4 hours ago, Herman Hessian said:

eta: not forgetting anyone who says on 21.12 "ooooh - the evenings will be drawing out now" - a special, hard beating (leave it) reserved for them

On that day, I check the news. Just to make sure no-one has assumed control of all the planets in the Solar Federation.

6 hours ago, throbber said:

November is a really shit month with the thought of Christmas being about all that can pull you through but it’s too early to start putting up decorations until the 1st December then it’s fine to get the decorations out and go all out Christmas for the entire month to get you through the cold and the dark.

Yeah, I lean more towards this, November start listening to Christmas songs?

55 minutes ago, Oleksandr said:

Yeah, I lean more towards this, November start listening to Christmas songs?

There is never a good time to start listening to Christmas songs. Not even Christmas itself. I like a lot of different kinds of music, but if I ever have to listen to these three songs in particular ever again, I might start sweating more than Nonce Andrew in a live interview....

Pogues & Kirsty McColl ‘Fairytale of New York’, Jona Lewie ‘Stop the Cavalry’, Boney M ‘Mary’s Boy Child’.

The rest of them can fcuk off too. Greg Lake, Wham, McCartney, Wizzard, even Slade. Enough. Please God. 😀

Edited by pozbaird

Just now, pozbaird said:

There is never a good time to start listening to Christmas songs. Not even Christmas itself. I like a lot of different kinds of music, but if I ever have to listen to these three songs in particular ever again, I might start sweating more than Nonce Andrew in a live interview....

Pogues & Kirsty McColl ‘Fairy Tale of New York’, Jona Lewie ‘Stop the Cavalry’, Boney M ‘Mary’s Boy Child’.

The rest of them can fcuk off too. Greg Lake, Wham, McCartney, Wizzard, even Slade. Enough. Please God. 😀

Hmmmm there must be one you like, hows about band aid "do they know its christmas time at all the original one

2 minutes ago, Oleksandr said:

Hmmmm there must be one you like, hows about band aid "do they know its christmas time at all the original one

Nope. I have a complete aversion to ‘Christmas’ songs. Hate the entire genre. Rum-pum, rump-a-pum, rum, pum, pum.... GTF. 😎

18 minutes ago, Oleksandr said:

Why?

I don’t like them because they are twee, sugary, omni-present, played in shops in fcuking November, and, in my opinion, many of them are written to merely rake in royalty cash, and are a pension padder...especially back in the day. The days of kiddy fiddling DJs and pop stars, TOTP at lunchtime, and the Morecambe & Wise Christmas special being the highlight of the day. 

I have now indulged you with a serious, and thought-out reply. Now, can I just get back to not liking Christmas songs in peace?

Yo, ho, fcuking ho, it’s Christmassss! Fcuk off Noddy.

Edited by pozbaird

27 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

I don’t like them because they are twee, sugary, omni-present, played in shops in fcuking November, and, in my opinion, many of them are written to merely rake in royalty cash, and are a pension padder...especially back in the day. The days of kiddy fiddling DJs and pop stars, TOTP at lunchtime, and the Morecambe & Wise Christmas special being the highlight of the day. 

I have now indulged you with a serious, and thought-out reply. Now, can I just get back to not liking Christmas songs in peace?

Yo, ho, fcuking ho, it’s Christmassss! Fcuk off Noddy.

Bit grinch like

Nope. I actually think the Pogues ‘Fairytale of New York’ is a beautiful song, but I’m fcuking sick of hearing it. So much so that I now truly dislike it.

Twice I got into the car and started it up to find, 1st, feed the world then 2nd fairytale of New York.
Wanted to rip the radio out and through it onto the road. It’s November. No wonder Christmas has no real meaning anymore.

10 hours ago, BigBo10 said:

Twice I got into the car and started it up to find, 1st, feed the world then 2nd fairytale of New York.
Wanted to rip the radio out and through it onto the road. It’s November. No wonder Christmas has no real meaning anymore.

Throw*

It still has meaning, just people celebrate it from earlier. It's good