Your Worst XI of the Decade

This thread is doing the rounds in the Championship and League 1 forums so it's only far we start one in the basement league.

It's very straightforward: all you have to do is pick the worst XI to have featured for your team over the last 10 years. I'll have a bash with Stenhousemuir FC.

GK: Jamie Barclay
It was a toss-up between Jamie Barclay and Colin McCabe for my goalkeeper but Barclay just edges it given his relative lower-league experience compared to the young Irishman. Few felt confident when we brought in Clyde's tubby reserve goalie in 2015 but even his most ardent supporters couldn't have believed how sorry a player he was. Who could forget his inexplicable own goal in the defeat at Ayr United? Sensational stuff! It got to the stage where he was costing us a goal every game; quite why he played so often for us, I do not know.

LB: Stephen Thomson
Some players have been shoehorned into the team out of necessity to fill a position but not Stephen Thomson. Montrose supporters laughed at us when he took him off their hands in 2009, warning us we'd brought a donkey to the club - and they were right! Reckless and ill-disciplined, there was a game against Clyde that sticks out where he was sent off after just 16 minutes for a tackle of jaw-dropping idiocy. When Davie Irons came into the club, he was given a final chance before being binned off to Berwick Rangers. The worst left-back I've ever seen at Stenhousemuir.

CB: Stuart Malcolm
What a disappointment! Stuart Malcolm had enjoyed a good season with Forfar Athletic before pitching up at Stenny but he left any sense of being a centre-back at Station Park. On the first league game of the 2015/16 season, we had taken a two-goal lead against Peterhead at Balmoor and looked to be cruising, until the captain collected two ludicrous yellow cards. His dismissal saw three points become one. This would be a recurring feature of his year at the club. My lasting memory of him was falling over when trying to headia simple high ball in a Boxing Day clash with Stranraer and allowing Craig Malcolm to score. By all accounts he's a good person to have around your club but he was a rotten player at the Warriors.

CB: Ross Smith
Signed on loan from Dundee United, Ross Smith came with a decent reputation a positive temporary spell at Peterhead. However, he was rotten at the Warriors - lightweight, uncertain, panicky and poor on the ball; all the hallmarks of a bad defender. It is worth noting he played at centre-back in our 5-4 home defeat to Dunfermline Athletic and the 8-0 drubbing at Rangers. Mince.

RB: Jamie McCormack
I feel a bit bad putting Jamie "Jobber" McCormack in this list because he did score some important goals for the club, particularly a lovely header in the play-off final first-leg win against Queen's Park in 2015, but he was a rotten defender. He was slow and often found himself out of position, and he also had a rash streak, leading to him conceding numerous fouls. McCormack played more than 60 games for Stenhousemuir which, frankly, I can't quite believe. 

CM: Kris Faulds
Once again, I'm not 100 per cent sure Kris Faulds should be on this list as he had a bit of talent and he scored a nice goal in an unexpected win over Dunfermline Athletic in 2014 but he was largely hopeless. He didn't use his ability often enough, preferring to spend long periods of the game running here and there to hide away from any immediate panic. He was poor during his loan spell with the club over the latter part of the 2013/14 season and I can't fathom why Scott Booth decided to sign him permanently after his release from Falkirk. Not good enough for the SPFL, and this is reflected by the fact he's spent the last few years playing for East Stirlingshire.

CM: Kieron Gibbons
The Lowland League Player of the Year the previous season, Kieron Gibbons was anonymous at Stenhousemuir after joining in 2018. What did he do? He was quite fit, sure, but how did he use his energy? He wasn't positionally sound enough to protect the back four; his passing was often poor, especially over short distances; he wasn't technical enough to support the forwards; and he offered no goal threat. Gibbons picked up two bookings in the first league game of the season against Brechin City and no-one could properly trust him after that. God only knows why Brown Ferguson offered him a two-year contract but he was released a few months into the current season and returned to East Kilbride in the Lowland League. A real nothing player.

CM: Russell Dingwall
A terrible signing and arguably one of the worst of Colin McMenamin's time as manager of Stenhousemuir. The on-loan Ross County midfielder ran about a bit but provided no defensive cover, nor did he offer us any thrust in attack. He was red carded in a crucial match against Brechin City for elbowing the goalkeeper early on and indifference turned to dislike soon after. In fact, you could more or less copy and paste Kieron Gibbons entry in here.

ST: Shaun Fraser
Simply the most limited footballer I've ever seen at Stenhousemuir, and that's really saying something. Shaun Fraser was brought to Ochilview on loan from Partick Thistle to augment our forward line midway through the 2011/12 campaign. He had apparently played rugby into his early teens before switching to football but Ian McCall seemed to rate him quite highly. Instead of a rugged, hot-shot baller, we had a technically deficient striker who looked as though he had been plucked from the stands as part of a cruel joke. I remember him being put through on goal on his debut at Forfar Athletic and looking absolutely astonished to have found himself in such a position. Two more appearances and about 70-odd minutes of game time later and he was never seen again. A terrible player.

ST: Kenny Deuchar
Pound for pound, the worst player I've seen at Stenhousemuir when reputation, outlay and performance are taken into consideration. Signed on loan from Livingston at the tail end of the 2011/12 season, Kenny Deuchar was supposed to give our forward line a different dimension, reignite our faltering campaign and lift us back into the Championship play-offs. Instead we had brought in a cumbersome, unfit and immobile old warhorse who stationed himself next to opposition centre-backs in the hope any long balls bounced off him and into the path of a graetful team-mate. Deuchar offered us very little and was dropped before the end of the season; needless to say, we finished in fifth. Thanks, Kenny!

ST: Ryan Miller
What Scott Booth was thinking when he brought this jobber to the club, I do not know. The former Falkirk youngster, who featured for the club during their brief run in Europe a few years prior, was recruited from Lowland League crack troops Stirling University alongside PJ Sludden. Sludden had actually trialed unsuccessfully with us in the past, so fans were immediately suspicious of the pair. Neither were particularly good and both looked out of their depth at the bottom end of League 1. Sludden, at least, scored a smashing goal in a Stirlingshire Cup tie; Miller was very poor and never once made an impression on the first team.

Edited by Francesc Fabregas

Aye Dingwall has been very good.

I would struggle to name an 11 with them all in position. It would probably be 10 goalies and Ross McKinnon (2nd spell, he was much better in his 1st) who was hooked at half time on his 2nd debut with us 4-0 down at Dunfermline. He never played again.

GK- Lucas Birstingl

DF- Ross Fisher 

DF- Ricki Lamie 

DF- Kevin Green 

DF-  Martin Mccomish 

MF- David Gold 

MF- Michael Keenan 

MF- Dominic Docherty 

ATT- Ryan Hynes 

ATT- Josh Peters  

ATT- Joao Victoria 

Might of missed some obvious choices but unsurprisingly a lot players were part of the worst QP team I’ve ever seen back in 13/14. 

Edited by qpfc

27 minutes ago, qpfc said:

GK- Lucas Birstingl

DF- Ross Fisher 

DF- Ricki Lamie 

DF- Kevin Green 

DF-  Martin Mccomish 

MF- David Gold 

MF- Michael Keenan 

MF- Dominic Docherty 

ATT- Ryan Hynes 

ATT- Josh Peters  

ATT- Joao Victoria 

Might of missed some obvious choices but unsurprisingly a lot players were part of the worst QP team I’ve ever seen back in 13/14. 

I remember watching Ricki "The Rifle" Lamie playing for Queen's Park during this time and I can't believe he's gone on to play regularly in the Premiership. Fair play to him!

David Gold, too, has developed into a smashing midfielder with Arbroath and Joao Victoria is a capable, if awkward, striker for League 1 level.

I always though Mick Keenan was alright but you'll know better than me.

Brechin City! It would be all too easy to nominate the current side, with the honourable exception of Paul McManus, and Dougie Hill for previous service (though he’s been as culpable as any this season).  If not, it would be just as easy to name the whole of the 2018-19 side or indeed, the team from the previous, winless campaign.... I’ve tried to avoid these temptations and to mix it up a bit, although there is definitely a theme.  I didn’t see many games in the first half of the decade so City fans of longer standing may have different views but as    we’re looking for worst XI of the decade I think the last 4-5 years is a good shout to produce most of those...

GK: Michael Andrews. We’ve actually been pretty fortunate with keepers in the last decade with Craig Nelson and then Graeme Smith holding the gloves for most of that time. We’ve had a few duffers recently - hi Connor Brennan - but Andrews shipped goal after goal in a run of 5 straight defeats leading to Jim Weir getting the chop and Nelly having to be brought back from the dead /coaching staff to bring a degree of competency so he gets the nod

DF: Kevin Buchan. Perhaps a bit harsh as no fault of the player but he was one of Darren Dods’s panic buys at the start of the season when he replaced McKinnon at no notice and had to fill a pitch with a matter of days before the first game. Nothing in Buchan’s pedigree suggested he was a long-term solution.  He wasn’t 

DF : Ross Perry. Is in the worst XI of pretty much every other team that he has featured for, with good reason

DF: Garry Kenneth. Oh dear. There is a book about big Garry’s decline to be written, or maybe a screenplay. 2010: Scottish Cup winner and international caps; 2014: finished in senior football after an ignominious 5 game spell at City (lost four) punctuated by hapless penalties conceded and a final red card to bring his senior career to a close at 27. Apparently turning out for Lochee Utd just now? 

DF: Tam Scobbie. The blood biles. The whole of last season’s team were rank rotten, as above, but Scobbie’s attitude particularly stood out as putrid. Couldn’t be arsed one iota. In the last game when we needed to beat Stenny at home even to get a playoff place, he couldn’t be f@cked to run from the L to the R side of the pitch to try a long throw in injury time that might have been our last attack of the season. We didn’t deserve to stay up, but he was outstanding in a really rotten field

MF: Cameron Blues. Came from good things and seems to have gone back to (relatively) good things but was rubbish for us with the exception of one decent goal. Maybe a bit harsh as young loanees don’t always work out but he’s there representing the ‘disappointing loans’ category. We really needed a hero that year but it turned out not to be Cameron

MF: Scott Robertson. There is a theme here of ex Utd guys that should have been better than they turned out. Some City fans reckon he was decent but the games I saw, you had to check the team sheet to see if we even had anyone in centre mid. Put it this way, he ‘anchored’ the midfield in two of the most insipid Brechin home defeats i’ve seen, in April this year, to Airdrie and then Montrose, 0-3 both times - defeats that went a long way to sealing relegation and in the case of Montrose, our fourth defeat to them of the season. A passenger and having played for Scotland only makes it worse. 

MF: Ross Brown. The current team has to be represented and tbf it could have been any/all of them. We are bottom of SPFL 2, two years after having been in the second tier so sorry Ross - you’ve not really been any worse than the others but you get to carry the can

MF: Callum Tapping. Controversial at first glance - far less gifted players have turned out in midfield at the Glebe. However - has ‘enjoyed’ two spells with City. Spent much of that time injured, and after the first time, when we saw him through his rehab only for him to jump ship as soon as he was fit again, city perhaps might have thought twice about bringing him back. But we did, and he proceeded to contribute to us getting relegated for the second year in a row before sloping off to our local rivals. For that he gets in on a worst-value XI basis

ST: Ross Kavanagh. Not technically a striker, or a footballer of any description really. But surprised us all by playing one good game against Raith Rovers at the back end of last year when it was too late. Not alone in being rubbish last year and therefore has the dubious honour of representing that team but has now found his level in the juniors. Arguably not quite as awful as..

ST: Ross Caldwell. Aaaaarrrgggghhhh. No words.

Sub: Barry Smith (2019 vintage, 1 game v Forfar, aged 45). As if yer da was on the pitch. Best  watched with your eyes shut. 

Edited by Infirmary Street

13 hours ago, qpfc said:

GK- Lucas Birstingl

DF- Ross Fisher 

DF- Ricki Lamie 

DF- Kevin Green 

DF-  Martin Mccomish 

MF- David Gold 

MF- Michael Keenan 

MF- Dominic Docherty 

ATT- Ryan Hynes 

ATT- Josh Peters  

ATT- Joao Victoria 

That's a bit harsh on David Gold I think. Sent in on loan to the worst team in the land he could have said no thanks, but he got stuck in and I thought he did ok, even though he was shunted to right back at one stage.

I would have Grant Mosson in his place. A handful of instantly forgettable performances, last seen getting hooked at half time at Berwick before he was sent off and never heard of again.

The mere mention of Lucas Birnstingl's name sends a shiver down my spine. Undoubtedly the worst goalkeeper I have seen play for QP. However, if you look at his Twitter page he sounds like some sort of goalkeeping guru. Last seen being beaten from the half way line at Stirling, he repeated the same trick for Montrose the following season before flying back to Canada in a cream puff the next day, thankfully on a one way ticket.

GK - Michael Andrews

Games played by Michael for us:

Cowdenbeath 0 - 1 Raith
Dunfermline 5 - 1 Cowdenbeath (sent off)
Cowdenbeath 1 - 2 Stranraer
Dunfermline 7 - 1 Cowdenbeath
Cowdenbeath 1 - 0 Albion
Stenhousemuir 4 - 2 Cowdenbeath
6 games played. 19 goals conceded.  Shortly released which allowed Jamie Sneddon to play games.  If it wasn't for Andrews magical ability to miss balls hit right at him then we might never have given Jamie his chance.

RB - Matthew McInally
This was a tough one as we've actually been quite lucky at right back over the decade.  We had Dean Brett for ages and Fraser Mullen since. Pyper steps in when needed and the only other name who appeared was McInally.  The only thing I remember about him was that he was very fast.

CB - David Marsh
Now I actually saw him play a couple of games for us and was impressed.  However things turned sour and as far as I'm aware he left the club mid-season after an 'altercation' with assistant manager Mark Fotheringham at training.  Marsh most recently injured our keeper by catching him in the face at the end of our 3-0 win at Ochilview.

CB - Craig Sives
When we went down to League 2 the club made 3 'marquee' signings.  David McGurn came in from Raith. Chris Turner who was unattached and also Craig Sives.  The 3 were to form the spine of the team and provide experience to our youthful squad.  McGurn was a hero. Turner a nutter who really should make this team while Sives was just a let down.  Slow and often injured.  Waste of money.

LB - Shaun Rutherford
Possibly the worst left back I've seen.  When Gary Bollan first became our manager he spoke about how his Forfar team had targeted Rutherford in matches the season before as he was our weak link.  Some left-backs are poor defensively but good going forward.  Some can't attack but are solid defensively.  Rutherford was neither - just utter pish.

CM - Albert Puigdollers
Strolled it in an 8-1 win over Vale of Leithen in the Scottish Cup but was caught out by the pace of League 1.  Very few redeeming qualities on the pitch and was always looking for a sideways pass after slowing a counter attack. Amazingly he had been part of the Barcelona Academy and is now assistant manager at Spanish side CF Damm.

CM - Colin Marshall
The very definition of a journeyman footballer. Started his career at Aston Villa but didn't make the cut.  This was his career before signing for us:

image.png.2715e9af7a13770ee28df713b249fa26.png

Most remembered for reacting to boo's in our 3-0 loss away to Alloa which saw us relegated out of the Championship.  Booted the ball out of play and gave the finger to the Cowden fans. 

CM- Keiron Gibbons
I despised Gibbons playing for us but I won't be able to add anything to what CGT above said. However I can direct you to 3 mins 13 seconds of the video below to hear me screaming out his name in anger. This is the sort of rage that he induced in me every time I saw him play for us.

FW - Zeph Thomas 
Strange that our only internationalist in the last decade is in this team?  Nope.  Utterly terrible.  Zero redeeming features. Unable to control the ball. Terrible at shooting.  Offside lots. Not a footballer basically. Despite this he was called up for St Kitts & Nevis and has apparently played 20 times for them scoring twice. 2 more than he managed for us.

Last time I saw anything about him he was getting suspended by the English FA for not reporting a bribery attempt.

https://www.thescarboroughnews.co.uk/sport/football/former-boro-man-thomas-banned-fa-799476

What a career:

image.png.2613717f61e94a4626c99dc5aa615292.png

FW - Andy Russell 
He kept Greg Stewart out of the Cowden line up for a few weeks.  He was terrible.  Possibly was a bit inexperienced with us but lacking in quality. Ended up at Berwick and  apparently East Stirlingshire but I'm doubting the legitimacy of his page:

Russell juggles his East Stirling career along with his part-time occupation as a backing dancer to the McBusted band and various modelling contracts with high end brands such as Voi Jeans, Benzini, K-Swiss and Le-Coq Sportif. Andy has also recently undertaken his role as Ambassador for the British Cub Scout Allegiance formed in 2004.

FW - Jordan Garden

Ignoring this...

He was a poor striker who liked to be offside lots.  

2 hours ago, Vimto90 said:

Hard to disagree much with FF.

I would have Lewis "The Ghost" Sloan in there thou and potentially anthony marenghi. Yuck.

This is actually a fair point, I would swap out Kris Faulds for Tony Marenghi. There were occasions where Marenghi could pop around a supreme pass but I don't think I've seen anyone give less of a fuck on the football pitch before. Lightweight, unfit and generally uninterested.

13 hours ago, The Minertaur said:

GK - Michael Andrews

Games played by Michael for us:

Cowdenbeath 0 - 1 Raith
Dunfermline 5 - 1 Cowdenbeath (sent off)
Cowdenbeath 1 - 2 Stranraer
Dunfermline 7 - 1 Cowdenbeath
Cowdenbeath 1 - 0 Albion
Stenhousemuir 4 - 2 Cowdenbeath
6 games played. 19 goals conceded.  Shortly released which allowed Jamie Sneddon to play games.  If it wasn't for Andrews magical ability to miss balls hit right at him then we might never have given Jamie his chance.

RB - Matthew McInally
This was a tough one as we've actually been quite lucky at right back over the decade.  We had Dean Brett for ages and Fraser Mullen since. Pyper steps in when needed and the only other name who appeared was McInally.  The only thing I remember about him was that he was very fast.

CB - David Marsh
Now I actually saw him play a couple of games for us and was impressed.  However things turned sour and as far as I'm aware he left the club mid-season after an 'altercation' with assistant manager Mark Fotheringham at training.  Marsh most recently injured our keeper by catching him in the face at the end of our 3-0 win at Ochilview.

CB - Craig Sives
When we went down to League 2 the club made 3 'marquee' signings.  David McGurn came in from Raith. Chris Turner who was unattached and also Craig Sives.  The 3 were to form the spine of the team and provide experience to our youthful squad.  McGurn was a hero. Turner a nutter who really should make this team while Sives was just a let down.  Slow and often injured.  Waste of money.

LB - Shaun Rutherford
Possibly the worst left back I've seen.  When Gary Bollan first became our manager he spoke about how his Forfar team had targeted Rutherford in matches the season before as he was our weak link.  Some left-backs are poor defensively but good going forward.  Some can't attack but are solid defensively.  Rutherford was neither - just utter pish.

CM - Albert Puigdollers
Strolled it in an 8-1 win over Vale of Leithen in the Scottish Cup but was caught out by the pace of League 1.  Very few redeeming qualities on the pitch and was always looking for a sideways pass after slowing a counter attack. Amazingly he had been part of the Barcelona Academy and is now assistant manager at Spanish side CF Damm.

CM - Colin Marshall
The very definition of a journeyman footballer. Started his career at Aston Villa but didn't make the cut.  This was his career before signing for us:

image.png.2715e9af7a13770ee28df713b249fa26.png

Most remembered for reacting to boo's in our 3-0 loss away to Alloa which saw us relegated out of the Championship.  Booted the ball out of play and gave the finger to the Cowden fans. 

CM- Keiron Gibbons
I despised Gibbons playing for us but I won't be able to add anything to what CGT above said. However I can direct you to 3 mins 13 seconds of the video below to hear me screaming out his name in anger. This is the sort of rage that he induced in me every time I saw him play for us.

FW - Zeph Thomas 
Strange that our only internationalist in the last decade is in this team?  Nope.  Utterly terrible.  Zero redeeming features. Unable to control the ball. Terrible at shooting.  Offside lots. Not a footballer basically. Despite this he was called up for St Kitts & Nevis and has apparently played 20 times for them scoring twice. 2 more than he managed for us.

Last time I saw anything about him he was getting suspended by the English FA for not reporting a bribery attempt.

https://www.thescarboroughnews.co.uk/sport/football/former-boro-man-thomas-banned-fa-799476

What a career:

image.png.2613717f61e94a4626c99dc5aa615292.png

FW - Andy Russell 
He kept Greg Stewart out of the Cowden line up for a few weeks.  He was terrible.  Possibly was a bit inexperienced with us but lacking in quality. Ended up at Berwick and  apparently East Stirlingshire but I'm doubting the legitimacy of his page:

FW - Jordan Garden

Ignoring this...

He was a poor striker who liked to be offside lots.  

I would love a square go with Colin Marshall. That was a terrible moment in a huge huge game for Cowden.

Booted the ball out the stadium during play. Took Jimmy Nic about 10 minutes to realise and get the c**t off.

He wasn’t even that good a player.

As Edinburgh City were diddy non-entities for much of the decade you probably wouldn't have heard of any worst XI although there are some players who've turned out in the Scottish League for City who would have been utter shite even in the Lowland League. 

Having looked at the Worst XI threads in the other Leagues there's more than one player mentioned who have turned out for City in recent years.. :unsure:

This thread is doing the rounds in the Championship and League 1 forums so it's only far we start one in the basement league.
It's very straightforward: all you have to do is pick the worst XI to have featured for your team over the last 10 years. I'll have a bash with Stenhousemuir FC.
GK: Jamie Barclay
It was a toss-up between Jamie Barclay and Colin McCabe for my goalkeeper but Barclay just edges it given his relative lower-league experience compared to the young Irishman. Few felt confident when we brought in Clyde's tubby reserve goalie in 2015 but even his most ardent supporters couldn't have believed how sorry a player he was. Who could forget his inexplicable own goal in the defeat at Ayr United? Sensational stuff! It got to the stage where he was costing us a goal every game; quite why he played so often for us, I do not know.
LB: Stephen Thomson
Some players have been shoehorned into the team out of necessity to fill a position but not Stephen Thomson. Montrose supporters laughed at us when he took him off their hands in 2009, warning us we'd brought a donkey to the club - and they were right! Reckless and ill-disciplined, there was a game against Clyde that sticks out where he was sent off after just 16 minutes for a tackle of jaw-dropping idiocy. When Davie Irons came into the club, he was given a final chance before being binned off to Berwick Rangers. The worst left-back I've ever seen at Stenhousemuir.
CB: Stuart Malcolm
What a disappointment! Stuart Malcolm had enjoyed a good season with Forfar Athletic before pitching up at Stenny but he left any sense of being a centre-back at Station Park. On the first league game of the 2015/16 season, we had taken a two-goal lead against Peterhead at Balmoor and looked to be cruising, until the captain collected two ludicrous yellow cards. His dismissal saw three points become one. This would be a recurring feature of his year at the club. My lasting memory of him was falling over when trying to headia simple high ball in a Boxing Day clash with Stranraer and allowing Craig Malcolm to score. By all accounts he's a good person to have around your club but he was a rotten player at the Warriors.
CB: Ross Smith
Signed on loan from Dundee United, Ross Smith came with a decent reputation a positive temporary spell at Peterhead. However, he was rotten at the Warriors - lightweight, uncertain, panicky and poor on the ball; all the hallmarks of a bad defender. It is worth noting he played at centre-back in our 5-4 home defeat to Dunfermline Athletic and the 8-0 drubbing at Rangers. Mince.
RB: Jamie McCormack
I feel a bit bad putting Jamie "Jobber" McCormack in this list because he did score some important goals for the club, particularly a lovely header in the play-off final first-leg win against Queen's Park in 2015, but he was a rotten defender. He was slow and often found himself out of position, and he also had a rash streak, leading to him conceding numerous fouls. McCormack played more than 60 games for Stenhousemuir which, frankly, I can't quite believe. 
CM: Kris Faulds
Once again, I'm not 100 per cent sure Kris Faulds should be on this list as he had a bit of talent and he scored a nice goal in an unexpected win over Dunfermline Athletic in 2014 but he was largely hopeless. He didn't use his ability often enough, preferring to spend long periods of the game running here and there to hide away from any immediate panic. He was poor during his loan spell with the club over the latter part of the 2013/14 season and I can't fathom why Scott Booth decided to sign him permanently after his release from Falkirk. Not good enough for the SPFL, and this is reflected by the fact he's spent the last few years playing for East Stirlingshire.
CM: Kieron Gibbons
The Lowland League Player of the Year the previous season, Kieron Gibbons was anonymous at Stenhousemuir after joining in 2018. What did he do? He was quite fit, sure, but how did he use his energy? He wasn't positionally sound enough to protect the back four; his passing was often poor, especially over short distances; he wasn't technical enough to support the forwards; and he offered no goal threat. Gibbons picked up two bookings in the first league game of the season against Brechin City and no-one could properly trust him after that. God only knows why Brown Ferguson offered him a two-year contract but he was released a few months into the current season and returned to East Kilbride in the Lowland League. A real nothing player.
CM: Russell Dingwall
A terrible signing and arguably one of the worst of Colin McMenamin's time as manager of Stenhousemuir. The on-loan Ross County midfielder ran about a bit but provided no defensive cover, nor did he offer us any thrust in attack. He was red carded in a crucial match against Brechin City for elbowing the goalkeeper early on and indifference turned to dislike soon after. In fact, you could more or less copy and paste Kieron Gibbons entry in here.
ST: Shaun Fraser
Simply the most limited footballer I've ever seen at Stenhousemuir, and that's really saying something. Shaun Fraser was brought to Ochilview on loan from Partick Thistle to augment our forward line midway through the 2011/12 campaign. He had apparently played rugby into his early teens before switching to football but Ian McCall seemed to rate him quite highly. Instead of a rugged, hot-shot baller, we had a technically deficient striker who looked as though he had been plucked from the stands as part of a cruel joke. I remember him being put through on goal on his debut at Forfar Athletic and looking absolutely astonished to have found himself in such a position. Two more appearances and about 70-odd minutes of game time later and he was never seen again. A terrible player.
ST: Kenny Deuchar
Pound for pound, the worst player I've seen at Stenhousemuir when reputation, outlay and performance are taken into consideration. Signed on loan from Livingston at the tail end of the 2011/12 season, Kenny Deuchar was supposed to give our forward line a different dimension, reignite our faltering campaign and lift us back into the Championship play-offs. Instead we had brought in a cumbersome, unfit and immobile old warhorse who stationed himself next to opposition centre-backs in the hope any long balls bounced off him and into the path of a graetful team-mate. Deuchar offered us very little and was dropped before the end of the season; needless to say, we finished in fifth. Thanks, Kenny!
ST: Ryan Miller
What Scott Booth was thinking when he brought this jobber to the club, I do not know. The former Falkirk youngster, who featured for the club during their brief run in Europe a few years prior, was recruited from Lowland League crack troops Stirling University alongside PJ Sludden. Sludden had actually trialed unsuccessfully with us in the past, so fans were immediately suspicious of the pair. Neither were particularly good and both looked out of their depth at the bottom end of League 1. Sludden, at least, scored a smashing goal in a Stirlingshire Cup tie; Miller was very poor and never once made an impression on the first team.

Difficult to argue with this although maybe harsh on Shaun Fraser on the basis he barely played. Can I swap him out for Craig Sutherland? A Booth panic signing, which he lived up to.

Jamie Barclay is an absolute shoe in for the worst keeper. No contest.

GK - Craig Wight 

RB - Brad Donaldson
CB - Aldin El-Zubaidi
CB - Pat Scullion
LB - Shaun Rutherford

MID - Lee Sibanda
MID - Sammy Stewart
MID - David Robertson

ST - Zeph Thomas
ST - Liam Cusack
ST - Danijel Jurisic

SUBS : Michael Andrews, Jordan Halsman, Richie Vauls, Declan Hughes, Craig Sutherland, John Ferguson, Aiden Malone