I sh*t you not....

johnnydun

Me & Mrs Poz were always interested in the Kennedy story, and we went to Dallas for the first time about eighteen years ago, to see Dealey Plaza, do the 6th Floor Museum etc. We did that during the day, and at night, went back down that way as I wanted to put my camera on a tripod and do some long exposure shots of the city skyline lit up. To get a good shot, we walked past a deserted Dealey Plaza, right past the spot the fatal shot happened, and carried on, past the grassy knoll, and under the Stemmons freeway where we got a good spot to get some photos. The place was deserted. We got the photos, and started walking back towards Dealey Plaza. As we walked back under the underpass, I commented to Mrs Poz about how eerie the atmosphere still was around there. At that precise moment, we heard extremely loud footsteps right behind us, as if from nowhere. We both wheeled around instantly. I threw my hands up as I turned around. We thought we were about to get mugged, maybe some guys had seen us with the camera. There was no-one there. Nothing. We stopped dead in our tracks for a second, before getting out of the underpass as quickly as possible, back to the hotel.

Went straight to the hotel bar, and made it a double. We both asked each other ‘you heard that, right? The sound of multiple footsteps running towards us from behind?’... yup. Went up to the room from the bar. Sat down, said something like ‘that was fcuking scary, just freaked me out’ - and every light in our room went off. Flickered for a few seconds, and came on again. I think the two of us just about shat ourselves.

I swear, on anyone’s life you want to mention, this happened, exactly as described. I have never felt anything like it in my life. I don’t believe in ghosts and shit, but that night...

Anyway, still gives me the shites thinking back. 

1 minute ago, ICTChris said:

What was Kuro’s story and where can I read it?

Nonce thread. Apparently, Colin Montgomerie shagged Professor Brian Cox in the back seat of a car Kuro was in, and Bob De Niro tipped him a fiver not to tell Pep Guardiola about it.

My dad was driving us to Thirsk in Yorkshire, we were staying with relatives near there on a break.

He was telling this story about a pub near a roundabout nearby where some guy had died and anyone who sat in his seat in the pub was topped off inexplicably.

We were approaching the roundabout and the car brakes failed, I actually saw my dad push his foot all the way down to no effect. Thankfully they worked just in time for us to navigate said roundabout but were lucky there was no traffic coming round it or we'd have smashed into them.

Was frightening as f**k especially at about 9 years old. Brakes never failed once after that.

8 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Me & Mrs Poz were always interested in the Kennedy story, and we went to Dallas for the first time about eighteen years ago, to see Dealey Plaza, do the 6th Floor Museum etc. We did that during the day, and at night, went back down that way as I wanted to put my camera on a tripod and do some long exposure shots of the city skyline lit up. To get a good shot, we walked past a deserted Dealey Plaza, right past the spot the fatal shot happened, and carried on, past the grassy knoll, and under the Stemmons freeway where we got a good spot to get some photos. The place was deserted. We got the photos, and started walking back towards Dealey Plaza. As we walked back under the underpass, I commented to Mrs Poz about how eerie the atmosphere still was around there. At that precise moment, we heard extremely loud footsteps right behind us, as if from nowhere. We both wheeled around instantly. I threw my hands up as I turned around. We thought we were about to get mugged, maybe some guys had seen us with the camera. There was no-one there. Nothing. We stopped dead in our tracks for a second, before getting out of the underpass as quickly as possible, back to the hotel.

Went straight to the hotel bar, and made it a double. We both asked each other ‘you heard that, right? The sound of multiple footsteps running towards us from behind?’... yup. Went up to the room from the bar. Sat down, said something like ‘that was fcuking scary, just freaked me out’ - and every light in our room went off. Flickered for a few seconds, and came on again. I think the two of us just about shat ourselves.

I swear, on anyone’s life you want to mention, this happened, exactly as described. I have never felt anything like it in my life. I don’t believe in ghosts and shit, but that night...

Anyway, still gives me the shites thinking back. 

I preferred your opening post in the BRALT...