Scottish cup weekend

combineharvester

37 minutes ago, Wile E Coyote said:

No, Talbot fans stayed away from Loch Park (and still do to this day) because a couple of people got battered from Glens thugs in the station car park

Well they actually said on here at the time precisely the reasons that I stated there. And let's be real here, not defending whatever violence happened that night but your own teams younger fans haven't exactly been angels over the years

Video displays that things got heated that's about it

The video shows only the last thirty seconds. I was right in the middle of it and managed to get the door shut to keep the thugs out. Then had to open it again to get our physio to safety, whereupon the thugs charged again and one got in before I got the door shut again.
It’s time the Glenafton Committee got these guys barred. Maybe see the council about an asbo.

The video was too far back to see Glenafton neds assaulting and spitting on the Medda manager and players. Particularly fat guy with a beard, he should be banned. 

Totally inadequate safe access to dressing rooms for visiting teams. At least the Glen's Committee were pushing neds back to allow door to be shut. 

Neds continued to threaten from outside dressing rooms and abuse from Social Club. 

Sadly, not the first instance at Glenafton. Threatening the journalist filming wasn't too clever either, he tries to promote the junior game. 

The video was too far back to see Glenafton neds assaulting and spitting on the Medda manager and players. Particularly fat guy with a beard, he should be banned. 
Totally inadequate safe access to dressing rooms for visiting teams. At least the Glen's Committee were pushing neds back to allow door to be shut. 
Neds continued to threaten from outside dressing rooms and abuse from Social Club. 
Sadly, not the first instance at Glenafton. Threatening the journalist filming wasn't too clever either, he tries to promote the junior game. 

I (a Medda fan) was the guy who got the door shut. Glens Committee weren’t terribly effective. They seem feart of their fans. ASBO might be effective.

6 hours ago, combineharvester said:

Unbelievable display for the farmers today ... dominated 1st half  then battled 2nd half  When lochee piled on pressure  Creating more chances also

13 unbeaten for the farmers great win for the club against the east champs 

Massive win for Neilston up in Dundee. Thought maybe the Farmers Boys had blew it at home but nope, they went up to Tayside and got a victory.

1 minute ago, Tutankhamen said:

Massive win for Neilston up in Dundee. Thought maybe the Farmers Boys had blew it at home but nope, they went up to Tayside and got a victory.

Looks like Neilston are on their way back up. Don’t think anyone would fancy a trip to Brig o Lea in the next round.

31 minutes ago, the rambler said:

I’ve always found it strange that Glenafton have been allowed to get away with this for years. One hint of trouble two years ago in our derby match with Victoria means we always have a police presence at our games. Same with Kilbirnie and Beith who have been forced to play behind closed doors in recent years.

32 minutes ago, .Stuart. said:

I’ve always found it strange that Glenafton have been allowed to get away with this for years. One hint of trouble two years ago in our derby match with Victoria means we always have a police presence at our games. Same with Kilbirnie and Beith who have been forced to play behind closed doors in recent years.

Didn't Glenafton get involved in a stramash after a cup semi final at Bonnyrigg? With Hibs fans coming back from a Senior semi final. Tales on here of bricks and bottles being thrown and not a word was ever heard of the incident every again.

4 hours ago, Tutankhamen said:

Didn't Glenafton get involved in a stramash after a cup semi final at Bonnyrigg? With Hibs fans coming back from a Senior semi final. Tales on here of bricks and bottles being thrown and not a word was ever heard of the incident every again.

Your bang on mate. The wee glenafton fannies started their pish in Bonnyrigg and got a serious lesson! Absolutely disgraceful they haven’t learnt their lesson from that day! Wee fannies

9 hours ago, Eastcoaster said:

Your bang on mate. The wee glenafton fannies started their pish in Bonnyrigg and got a serious lesson! Absolutely disgraceful they haven’t learnt their lesson from that day! Wee fannies

Hibs fans piled off a bus on way back fae hampden when they noticed it was fans leaving a game, but don't let a thing like a fact get in the way of Bonnyrigg sour grapes! 

I had the unfortunate luck to capture an almost mirror event years ago, was vile including spitting. On noticing me one guy tried to grab the camera off me so i stuffed it in my jacket. I was then pursued and threatened with a stabbing so I could 'film my insides'.  Thankfully he was too pished to see where I stashed it.

Absolutely nothing done dispite it being on film. League just said they needed to have a fence or similar put up in future games if I recall correctly

I had the unfortunate luck to capture an almost mirror event years ago, was vile including spitting. On noticing me one guy tried to grab the camera off me so i stuffed it in my jacket. I was then pursued and threatened with a stabbing so I could 'film my insides'.  Thankfully he was too pished to see where I stashed it.   Absolutely nothing done dispite it being on film. League just said they needed to have a fence or similar put up in future games if I recall correctly

Surely not [emoji50] mind it was the medda players that started the trouble yesterday. Glens fans are innocent

Lochee United 1 Neilston 3

Lochee United crashed out of the Macron Scottish Cup at the hands of Neilston in this replay at Thomson Park.

The Bluebells, minus skipper Greg Kirk, would still have been confident of progressing after drawing away from home two weeks ago, but the visitors capitalised on slackness in the home defence to put themselves into the next round.

Lochee started brightly with Kevin Milne setting up Kevin Buchan at the back post but the striker just failed to control the ball and the chance went abegging.

Ross Gallagher then tried his luck with a 25-yard drive but Neilston keeper James Digney pulled off a diving save.

With their first foray upfield the Farmer’s Boys took the lead. Mark Archdeacon found Paul STEWART inside the Lochee box and he beat home keeper John Sinclair with a shot into the far corner.

They almost added a second minutes later when a slip by Garry Kenneth let Archdeacon in but Danny Millar was on hand to clear off the line.

Stewart then had a great chance to increase the lead when put in by Martin Curren but he shot over from 12 yards.

On 25 minutes, though the visitors grabbed their second. Dylan Fletcher worked his way into the box and, though Sinclair parried the first effort and blocked another two attempts, ARCHDEACON was on hand to bundle the ball home.

A few minutes before half time Sinclair kept his side in it with a tip over the bar from Ross Mackinnon’s free kick.

It was a poor first half from Lochee but they came out all guns blazing in the second half and reduced the deficit after only three minutes, a Grant Lawson corner being bulleted into the net by KENNETH.

From another Lawson corner a Danny Millar header was cleared off the line as the home side turned the screw and the visitors were struggling to get out of their own half.

Lochee boss George Shields made an early double substitution, bring on Alan Tulleth and Scott McComiskie for Logan Davie and Buchan.

McComiskie soon got into the action, setting up Millar for a header which keeper Digney tipped over the bar.

With the home side pressing for an equaliser they were shocked when a penalty was given against them on 70 minutes. It looked a harsh award with the ball being blasted against Stephen McNally from close range.

Lochee protests came to nothing though and Dylan FLETCHER stepped up to give Sinclair no chance from the spot.

The Bluebells almost reduced the lead immediately but McComiskie’s header was cleared off the line by Mackinnon.

With seven minutes to go McComiskie went down in the box under pressure from Mackinnon but the referee waved aside penalty appeals and Lochee’s last chance of getting back into the tie went with it.

So, Lochee’s Scottish Cup adventure is over for another season and they will surely rue not finishing the tie in the first leg when they dominated for so long.

Lochee United: Sinclair, Webster (Cavanagh 85) McNally, D Millar, Kenneth, Ritchie, Davie (McComiskie 52), Gallagher, Lawson, Buchan (Tulleth 52), Milne.

Neilston: Digney, Halliday, MacKinnon, Convery, Doyle, Docherty, Stirling, Fletcher (Haddow 84), Archdeacon, Stewart, Curren (Paterson 84).