Scottish cup weekend

combineharvester

1 minute ago, Darvel legend said:

Who’s aw injured then Rabbie ? 

Youl find out tommorow  ,wouldn't  want  to give you  heads up in such  an important  game. 2 of the boys are struggling  to get away  from work  and 3 are struggling  with injury/  my mate  knows  a blantyre  committee  member .i was just passing  on my thoughts  for my coupon thats all / chill out  man 

On 20/11/2019 at 20:33, combineharvester said:

Thoughts on upcoming weekend of the cup 

Neilston entertain  lochee  and  we hoping to spring a upset 

I'm traveling to Neilston tomorrow, new ground for me so I'm looking forward to it.

Is there anywhere at/near the ground for a pre-match pint?

12 minutes ago, Marten said:

I'm traveling to Neilston tomorrow, new ground for me so I'm looking forward to it.

Is there anywhere at/near the ground for a pre-match pint?

Killoch bar in the Main Street ... bout 5-10 min walk straight road 

They also do our after match hospitality 

also to note we hv small facility inside ground which will meet your beer habit 

5 hours ago, Black Pennel said:

Erm...Marten is Dutch. He probably expects better than your usual fizzy Tennents pish watter.

P.S. Hope the farmers boys go mental and unexpectedly win by about six goals.

Most Dutch people like Heineken. Tennents is far better than that, but that's not hard because Heineken is real pish water.

But I'm more of an ale drinker. :) 

Edited by Marten

Well, that was a game of two halves. At half time we should've been 2-0 up at least, but after that second half we were very lucky to get away with a replay. I enjoyed my visit to Neilston, friendly people and a good trip.

Neilston 1-1 lochee 

east champs in town and the farmers matched them and should hv mibbie sneaked it in end

lochee fat better team in 1st half  without creating too much neilston jist couldn’t get into game

2nd half and early change and it totally changed game wee started to create chances .... had some real decent chances and last 15 mins we were on front foot... lochee seemed to tire towards  end  and I’m sure they will be happy to be still in tie  

thanks to all from lochee who traveled  down and took in our hospitality at Ht and full time back at the pub 

2 hours ago, Marten said:

Well, that was a game of two halves. At half time we should've been 2-0 up at least, but after that second half we were very lucky to get away with a replay. I enjoyed my visit to Neilston, friendly people and a good trip.

Good to meet you and your mate today Marten. We were in the pub with the kid after the game. Safe journey home

2 hours ago, combineharvester said:

Neilston 1-1 lochee 

east champs in town and the farmers matched them and should hv mibbie sneaked it in end

lochee fat better team in 1st half  without creating too much neilston jist couldn’t get into game

2nd half and early change and it totally changed game wee started to create chances .... had some real decent chances and last 15 mins we were on front foot... lochee seemed to tire towards  end  and I’m sure they will be happy to be still in tie  

thanks to all from lochee who traveled  down and took in our hospitality at Ht and full time back at the pub 

Fair assessment, we should have been more effective in the first half, but you should have won it in the second. Over the full 90 minutes a draw was probably fair. Good luck for the rest of the season (other than the replay ;) ).

Neilston Juniors 1 Lochee United 1

It was a damp, dreich day that ended in disappointment for Lochee United as a game they looked to be in control of slipped away, resulting in a replay being required next Saturday at Thomson Park.

The visitors, despite playing up the slope and into the wind, dominated the first half and could have been more than a single goal up at half time.

That domination continued into the second half but Neilston, The Farmer’s Boys, gradually fought their way back into the tie and equalised with less than 10 minutes left.

Lochee created the first chance of the game after five minutes when Bryan Deasley fired a shot across the face of the home goal. Ten minutes later the same player worked his way into the Neilston box and shot narrowly over the bar.

The opening goal was only delayed by a further four minutes however. Kevin Milne found Ross GALLAGHER on the edge of the box and he sent a low drive past James Digney in the Neilston goal.

The home side tried to respond immediately and Ross McDonald had to make a timely interception to hook away Martin Curren’s dangerous cross into the Lochee box.

The Bluebells continued to press and Milne was unlucky to see his effort cleared by Digney’s legs.

At the other end Lochee keeper John Sinclair’s punch out was picked up by Curren who just failed to find the target.

As the half drew to a close Grant Lawson had two chances to add to the lead but neither troubled Digney in the home goal.

With the wind and slope in their favour after the break Lochee were soon on the attack and it took a brilliant fingertip save from Digney to deny Stephen McNally’s free kick.

The pressure was all on the home side now but they weathered it and began to creep into the game.

Sinclair failed to hold an inswinging corner kick and Greg Kirk’s attempted clearance only landed at the feet of Daryl Convery who somehow put his shot wide.

A double substitution just after the hour mark by Neilston changed the flow of the game and the home side began to show signs of belief in themselves.

Curren and Stephen Stirling both had efforts that were just off target, but nine minutes from the end Neilston equalised.

A corner was punched clear by Sinclair, but the ball found its way to CURREN who drove the ball into the net.

Lochee threw on Scott McComiskie for Dougie Cameron in an attempt to win the tie but it was the home side who had their tails up now and looked the more likely to win it.

Home substitute Cammy Haddow went on a mazy run through the Lochee midfield but overran the ball.

There was one last chance for Lochee when a long ball found Deasley bearing down on the Neilston goal but Digney was quickly off his line to smother the danger.

A draw was about right in the end and, though the Bluebells might fancy their chances at home, they know that an unbeaten in 12 Neilston will prove a tough obstacle.

Neilston: Digney, Halliday, MacKinnon, Doyle, Clark, Hay (Diack 51), Convery, Stirling, Fletcher, Archdeacon (Haddow 62), Curren.

Lochee United: Sinclair, McNally, Kirk, D Millar, McDonald, Ritchie, Cameron (McComiskie 82), Gallagher, Lawson, Milne, Deasley.

On 22/11/2019 at 14:26, glensmad said:

Petershill v Glencairn is a curious one. Two teams currently sitting second bottom of their respective leagues and not in great form, but have still made it to this stage of the competition, with Peasy having disposed of Premiership opposition in the last round as well.

I expect a very tight contest.

And so it proved to be. I expect more of the same in the replay on Saturday.

On 27/11/2019 at 19:14, combineharvester said:

Hoping weather is generous for us this week to get the replay out way...last a club wants is fixture backlog

should be another cracking  tie Again 

both clubs had there chances in 1st game .. so expecting few goals this week 

I live close to Thomson Park and currently it looks fine to me, so unless it's going to get really bad overnight I'd expect the game to be on.