Your team's Worst XI of the Decade

Any serious list wouldn't have David Hutton in front of Calum Antell as worst keeper. Hutton was an average keeper who unfortunately made a high profile mistake that people remember,  Antell's time here on the other hand was peppered with errors as his confidence was shattered and affected the performance of the defence in front of him. Kyle Hutton is another whose inclusion is harsh imo,   on his game he was very effective and I wouldnt have been too disappointed if he'd been signed the next season. A case could also be made for Beerman and Aird,    both didn't feature as much as expected but both allegedly picked up injuries when they were here and the Manager(s)  seemed reluctant to play them at other times. Actually Naysmith signing Aird and not playing him when fit was a mystery,  rumours of attitude problems being the reason. 
I've not looked through all the QoS lists but I assume John Baird's name will feature,. Agreed he was held back by a pre - season injury but his attitude on return when he was bench-warming and on his limited appearances was abysmal.  Definitely not a team player. 
Baird came to my mind and his attitude was indeed stinking. But I'd still have him ahead of Brighton, McGrath and Heffernan who were significantly worse IMO.

30 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

It's a worst 11 dude, stop overthinking it and just enjoy yourself emoji38.png

I'm enjoying myself just fine pointing out the daftness of nominating non right backs as our worst right back, thanks! 😉

28 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
45 minutes ago, Fae_the_ said:
Any serious list wouldn't have David Hutton in front of Calum Antell as worst keeper. Hutton was an average keeper who unfortunately made a high profile mistake that people remember,  Antell's time here on the other hand was peppered with errors as his confidence was shattered and affected the performance of the defence in front of him. Kyle Hutton is another whose inclusion is harsh imo,   on his game he was very effective and I wouldnt have been too disappointed if he'd been signed the next season. A case could also be made for Beerman and Aird,    both didn't feature as much as expected but both allegedly picked up injuries when they were here and the Manager(s)  seemed reluctant to play them at other times. Actually Naysmith signing Aird and not playing him when fit was a mystery,  rumours of attitude problems being the reason. 
I've not looked through all the QoS lists but I assume John Baird's name will feature,. Agreed he was held back by a pre - season injury but his attitude on return when he was bench-warming and on his limited appearances was abysmal.  Definitely not a team player. 

Baird came to my mind and his attitude was indeed stinking. But I'd still have him ahead of Brighton, McGrath and Heffernan who were significantly worse IMO.

This. I don't think anyone has nominated Baird (or Kerr). The manner in which the two of them manipulated their exits from Palmerston leaves a sour taste but Kerr did very well for us while he was with us and Baird did ok. He's another who suffered for a change of manager. He was someone Jim McIntyre had tried to sign for a while and was pleased to get. I've little doubt McIntyre intended Baird to be his 1st choice striker but after a decent pre-season Baird got himself injured in our last pre-season friendly and by the time he was fit again, McIntyre had gone and Lyle and Reilly were scoring for fun in James Fowler's team. When he got chances though Baird did ok. There have certainly been many far worse strikers in the last decade.

46 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I'm enjoying myself just fine pointing out the daftness of nominating non right backs as our worst right back, thanks! 😉

This. I don't think anyone has nominated Baird (or Kerr). The manner in which the two of them manipulated their exits from Palmerston leaves a sour taste but Kerr did very well for us while he was with us and Baird did ok. He's another who suffered for a change of manager. He was someone Jim McIntyre had tried to sign for a while and was pleased to get. I've little doubt McIntyre intended Baird to be his 1st choice striker but after a decent pre-season Baird got himself injured in our last pre-season friendly and by the time he was fit again, McIntyre had gone and Lyle and Reilly were scoring for fun in James Fowler's team. When he got chances though Baird did ok. There have certainly been many far worse strikers in the last decade.

Playing and ability wise,  Mark Kerr would never be near a worst 11 when with us but his attitude at the end and manner of his leaving probably goes against him.  I give him a bit of benefit of the doubt that a "club legend"  was poking his neb where he shouldn't have been (allegedly). Although Gus McPherson probably JUST deserves the worst Manager title the interim spell under JT was pretty bad too. At least McPherson had the excuse of having to build almost a complete squad at short notice,  Thomson had a decent squad that was doing reasonably well but he put us in free fall. Gus  probably just edges it though for Tom Brighton alone. 

Playing and ability wise,  Mark Kerr would never be near a worst 11 when with us but his attitude at the end and manner of his leaving probably goes against him.  I give him a bit of benefit of the doubt that a "club legend"  was poking his neb where he shouldn't have been (allegedly). Although Gus McPherson probably JUST deserves the worst Manager title the interim spell under JT was pretty bad too. At least McPherson had the excuse of having to build almost a complete squad at short notice,  Thomson had a decent squad that was doing reasonably well but he put us in free fall. Gus  probably just edges it though for Tom Brighton alone. 

The rumour I heard was that it was someone close to said club legend (at the time) who was poking their neb in that caused the fallout.

5 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

This seems to be a recurring feature.  Seemingly his exit from Caley Thistle (he ended his spell on loan at Morton) apparently came about due to a fallout with John Robertson after he wasn't named in the starting XI for a Challenge Cup game against Crusaders.  In his one season with us, his link up play was alright and he was a hard worker, but I don't think I've ever seen a professional striker who was worse at finishing.  He couldn't finish a hot dog!

On 27/11/2019 at 18:32, eibbod nehpets said:

Surprised to see Semple mentioned. How many games has he played? 4? Strange. 

Intriguing first post on this forum: how many Callum Semple family fanboy accounts does Scottish football need? 

Spoiler

A: Dozens seemingly. 

2 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

I've just realised that ICT had Andrew Barrowman in the 2010s.  Now granted, the style of play under Butcher and Brewster when he was with the club wasn't really suited to his game but he wasn't very good.

There's no style of play under the sun that would suit Barrowman's game; his was an archetype of the 'seaside league jobber has one good season and dines out on it for a decade' trope. 

I'm legally obliged at this point to recount that in January 2015 Dunfermline fans were delighted at the prospect of trading useless, slow haddy Ross Forbes to Morton in order to bring Barrowman 'home' to EEP from us in exchange: Forbes subsequently played a critical role in Morton cantering to the title as well as the League Cup run two years later, while Dunfermline slumped to a lowly 7th (lol) in the seaside league and emptied Barrowman just five months after signing him. Quite simply the worst player swap transfer of the decade.

19 minutes ago, virginton said:

There's no style of play under the sun that would suit Barrowman's game; his was an archetype of the 'seaside league jobber has one good season and dines out on it for a decade' trope. 

As I recall, when Barrowman had that one excellent season at Ross County, he was played as part of a front two/three as a poacher.  Under Brewster and then Butcher, he was played as a lone striker/target man and had the ball hoofed at him from all directions, which wasn't his game at all.  Butcher did change his style to great success in the 09-10 season but Barrowman had been punted back to County by then and Adam Rooney had cemented himself as our main striker.

Now yes, he was rubbish, but perhaps had he been played in a different role he would've still been rubbish...but not quite so rubbish.

Edited by Highland Capital

Another couple of ICT names who havn't been mentioned yet - Robert Eagle.  A winger who joined from Norwich in our 09-10 First Division season under Butcher.  He was extremely blonde and had a good cross but had absolutely nothing else.  Slow as a week in a gulag and offered very little.  Started the season brightish, before losing his place to Hayes and Foran.  He was punted at the end of the season and signed for Grimsby before moving around the English non-league.  Now at Leiston in the Southern League Premier Division Central.

Lewis Horner - Could play in lots of positions but none of them well.  Apparently he was actually a central midfielder but played almost entirely at right back and was signed by Hughes prior to the 14-15 season from Blyth Spartans.  He was just...not very good.  He's now back at Blyth Spartans and after we released him it was revealed that he was a gambling addict who'd bet against the club in games he'd played in.  Not cool.

Edited by Highland Capital

1 hour ago, virginton said:

I'm legally obliged at this point to recount that in January 2015 Dunfermline fans were delighted at the prospect of trading useless, slow haddy Ross Forbes to Morton in order to bring Barrowman 'home' to EEP from us in exchange: Forbes subsequently played a critical role in Morton cantering to the title as well as the League Cup run two years later, while Dunfermline slumped to a lowly 7th (lol) in the seaside league and emptied Barrowman just five months after signing him. Quite simply the worst player swap transfer of the decade.

We swapped one jobber for another, sadly didn't do much for us either way. Barrowman had regressed a decent amount by the time he came back. 

Was a good swap for Morton though, they got a solid couple of seasons out of Forbes, a player with plenty of talent but had a slinked back to the seaside leagues before his 30s were out, an absolute waste. 

On 20/11/2019 at 20:18, ICTChris said:

DF - Lionel Djebi-Zadi.  There's been some revisionism about this guy recently but I wn't allow it.  He was appallingly shite.

My brother in law comes up occasionally to watch County games with me and he saw Djebi-Zadi on the two occasions he had decent games for us. He could barely run without falling over, the shitebag.

Edited by Comrie