Your team's Worst XI of the Decade

37 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

ST: Carlo Monti

Started off as a money hungry LB for Morton. We apparently were sniffing about which led to some shenanigans with Morton before he was punted and then we never signed him. Several year later after he'd ripped up the erm, juniors, he was signed by Bomber Brown to lead our title charge. Instantly put on penalties ahead of our best two penalty takers in my lifetime (Ryan Conroy & Matt Lockwood) purely to justify Brown's decision of signing him.  1 goal in 19 league appearances, which was an aforementioned penalty against Livi before fucking back off to the Juniors.

19 appearances? Really? I must of really erased that from memory.

GK: David Hutton. Torn between him and Antell, but the fact David Hutton is at fault for losing us a cup final this decade is enough for me

RB: Kyle Cameron. More of a CB, but nonetheless still gash. Came on loan from Newcastle at the latter end of the 17-18 season and looked like he’d never kicked a ball before.

CB: John Potter. One of many duds Gus MacPherson signed in the 11-12 season.

CB: Mark Campbell. See above. Was hoofed out to the juniors after getting relegated with us.

LB: Myles Beerman. Joined a few seasons back from Rangers with a big reputation, having already played often for Rangers. Was utter gash and not seen after a few games into his spell.

CM: Stephen Simmons. Led by example in 2011-2012 by being useless, something most of team followed.

CM: Jake Pickard. One of the few players we signed from north-east England to get a shot in the first XI, and he was crap. Played CB, CM, ST and everywhere inbetween and was shite in them all.

CM: Kyle Hutton. Apparently he’s played in the UEFA Champions League.

RW: Fraser Aird. Was signed from Dundee Utd on loan last season and had the most assists in the league, a few ahead of Dykes. Coincidentally when he joined we also turned utter pish. Never looked interested.

ST: Marc McCusker. Signed off the back of a decent season with Clyde. Only made 7 appearances all season as we got relegated.

LW: Leon Knight. Was signed at the start of 2010 having played for 12 clubs in 9 years. Came through Chelsea’s youth academy but scored a total of 0 goals in 6 apps for us.

Manager: Gus MacPherson. Got us relegated. End of.

Honourable mentions, Callum Antell, Alan Martin, Shaun Rutherford, Callum Semple (second spell only), Shaun Rooney, Steven Black, Mark Millar, Connor McManus, Callum Tapping, Ian McGrath, Alex Harris, Tam Brighton, Ryan Smylie, David Hopkirk.

3 hours ago, QoS_Blue1919 said:

GK: David Hutton. Torn between him and Antell, but the fact David Hutton is at fault for losing us a cup final this decade is enough for me

RB: Kyle Cameron. More of a CB, but nonetheless still gash. Came on loan from Newcastle at the latter end of the 17-18 season and looked like he’d never kicked a ball before.

CB: Mark Campbell. See above. Was hoofed out to the juniors after getting relegated with us.

LB: Myles Beerman. Joined a few seasons back from Rangers with a big reputation, having already played often for Rangers. Was utter gash and not seen after a few games into his spell.

CM: Stephen Simmons. Led by example in 2011-2012 by being useless, something most of team followed.

CM: Jake Pickard. One of the few players we signed from north-east England to get a shot in the first XI, and he was crap. Played CB, CM, ST and everywhere inbetween and was shite in them all.

RW: Fraser Aird. Was signed from Dundee Utd on loan last season and had the most assists in the league, a few ahead of Dykes. Coincidentally when he joined we also turned utter pish. Never looked interested.

ST: Marc McCusker. Signed off the back of a decent season with Clyde. Only made 7 appearances all season as we got relegated.

LW: Leon Knight. Was signed at the start of 2010 having played for 12 clubs in 9 years. Came through Chelsea’s youth academy but scored a total of 0 goals in 6 apps for us.

Honourable mentions, Callum Antell, Alan Martin, Shaun Rutherford, Callum Semple (second spell only), Shaun Rooney, Steven Black, Mark Millar, Connor McManus, Callum Tapping, Ian McGrath, Alex Harris, Tam Brighton, Ryan Smylie, David Hopkirk.

Surprised to see Semple mentioned. How many games has he played? 4? Strange. 

4 hours ago, QoS_Blue1919 said:

Jeezo I thought I’d managed to erase the following from my memory

Mark Campbell 
Tam Brighton

Ian McGrath(special mention for the header away to ayr)

5 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

I'm sure Kyle Hutton got our Player of the Year one season. He wasn't superb but given the number of useless CM's we've had he should be nowhere near this list. We currently have worse CM than him at the club.

Neither David Hutton nor Kyle Hutton should be anywhere near a "worst eleven" for us. Notwithstanding how they've done with other clubs since they both did well with us. Kyle Hutton only had one season here and was voted Player of the Year in it! How on earth he can be in a worst eleven, as 'marmite' a player as he is, is beyond me. David Hutton did fine with us and, generally from my memory at the time, most people were disappointed when he decided to leave. Of course he had one enormous high profile cock up which stands out.

These sort of votes are always difficult. If you don't put a minimum number of games on it then the worst eleven are almost certainly players who never made it on to the pitch for more than a few minutes.  Also surprised to see Kyle Cameron twice nominated as a right back. Don't think he's ever played there. He wasn't a great centre back either but he wasn't the worst in the last decade.

3 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I also think Leon Knight did ok with us in his small number of appearances.

Yeah, he wasn't awful. He clearly wasn't at all fancied by Brannigan who summarily binned him from the squad as soon as he took over. Chisholm's departure ended Knight's chances of featuring for us.

Actually Fraser Aird shouldn't per se be anywhere near a worst eleven either though he certainly disappointed given the track record he'd had over the previous couple of seasons with United and Dunfermline. Aird produced about as much as Andy Stirling did yet people are forever wishing he'd come back.

These sort of votes are always difficult. If you don't put a minimum number of games on it then the worst eleven are almost certainly players who never made it on to the pitch for more than a few minutes. 

I wish that was the case for us. Most of the guys in our teams have been at least regulars for a full season.

1 minute ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Yeah, he wasn't awful. He clearly wasn't at all fancied by Brannigan who summarily binned him from the squad as soon as he took over. Chisholm's departure ended Knight's chances of featuring for us.

I think Brannigan had a lot to do with the wider perception among our support too.  I recall he described Knight  as 'having a heart the size of a pea' or some such at a fans' forum, prompting the view into received wisdom territory.  

There probably is evidence that Knight is not the world's nicest individual.  He also failed to score for us and was rarely outstanding.  He could be quite exciting though, and I remember an excellent performance against Dundee at Palmerston, when he terrorised their defence.

We've had worse front players.

It’s a matter of opinions I suppose. I remember Kyle Cameron being at fault for 1 or 2 goals at Palmerston, passing it straight to the opposition. Our worst XI is probably made up 75% from 2011/2012 season. Was trying to mix things up. The RB’s we’ve had this decade are (by memory) Craig Reid, Alan Reid, Shaun Rooney, Scott Mercer and Lewis Kidd. Rooney probably the worst, but he wasn’t THAT bad, hence Cameron. Kidd was good at RB, less so in CM.

16 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Yeah I already stated Cameron was at RB because he was a worse player than the actual RB's we've had.

But he wasn't a right back! Using that logic you may as well nominate Stephen Dobbie as our worst right back of the decade! I'd be willing to bet he'd be worse at it than Kyle Cameron.

9 hours ago, QoS_Blue1919 said:

It’s a matter of opinions I suppose. I remember Kyle Cameron being at fault for 1 or 2 goals at Palmerston, passing it straight to the opposition. Our worst XI is probably made up 75% from 2011/2012 season. Was trying to mix things up. The RB’s we’ve had this decade are (by memory) Craig Reid, Alan Reid, Shaun Rooney, Scott Mercer and Lewis Kidd. Rooney probably the worst, but he wasn’t THAT bad, hence Cameron. Kidd was good at RB, less so in CM.

Yes, it's all about opinions and if you reckon Kyle Cameron is our worst centre back of the decade that's fair enough. He wasn't a right back though so nominating him there seems bizarre. As I posted above you may as well nominate Stephen Dobbie as our worst right back.

Alan Reid was a left back. Ryan McGuffie is another who played extensively at right back this decade. And Chris Mitchell obviously. Andy Dowie played at right back for a while when Durnan and Higgins played centrally. But yes, we've actually had good right backs for most of the decade. Rooney was the most unreliable and even he could be an real asset when we had the ball.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

Any serious list wouldn't have David Hutton in front of Calum Antell as worst keeper. Hutton was an average keeper who unfortunately made a high profile mistake that people remember,  Antell's time here on the other hand was peppered with errors as his confidence was shattered and affected the performance of the defence in front of him. Kyle Hutton is another whose inclusion is harsh imo,   on his game he was very effective and I wouldnt have been too disappointed if he'd been signed the next season. A case could also be made for Beerman and Aird,    both didn't feature as much as expected but both allegedly picked up injuries when they were here and the Manager(s)  seemed reluctant to play them at other times. Actually Naysmith signing Aird and not playing him when fit was a mystery,  rumours of attitude problems being the reason. 

I've not looked through all the QoS lists but I assume John Baird's name will feature,. Agreed he was held back by a pre - season injury but his attitude on return when he was bench-warming and on his limited appearances was abysmal.  Definitely not a team player. 

But he wasn't a right back! Using that logic you may as well nominate Stephen Dobbie as our worst right back of the decade! I'd be willing to bet he'd be worse at it than Kyle Cameron.
It's a worst 11 dude, stop overthinking it and just enjoy yourself [emoji38]