Countries nobody seems to go to

tarapoa

Closer to home in Europe, and maybe excluding a potential fitba trip - is there any conceivable reason to go to Belarus?

I was just going to post about there actually. I know two people who have been to Minsk and both said it was a beautiful city. I believe it’s very cheap but only once you’re there. I did look up flight a while ago and it was about £200 return.

On 19/11/2019 at 19:57, NotThePars said:

I've always fancied Paraguay after studying them in History. Mental country whose first dictator closed the country completely after independence and then they lost 90% of their male population in a war with all their neighbours.

On 20/11/2019 at 13:17, thistledo said:

I like that ratio!

There was a lot of inbreeding immediately afterwards  due to lack of males. 

I've been to Ciudad del Este for a day just to tick it off the list, it was... OK.

On 26/11/2019 at 22:00, tarapoa said:

Closer to home in Europe, and maybe excluding a potential fitba trip - is there any conceivable reason to go to Belarus?

Only country in Europe which still utilises the death penalty, so possibly an attractive destination for gammons.

Have spent a few days in Addis Ababa the capital of Ethopia and its pretty decent.
As for Belarus the best way to go there is fly to Warsaw and get the train as at the border they change the the wheels as the track guage is bigger

After watching a few travel videos about North Korea, I did some research into the tour company that offers these trips. They're currently offering a tour which will take in the World Cup qualifier against Sri Lanka.

They also do Iraqi Kurdistan which I wouldn't mind doing.

https://www.youngpioneertours.com

10 minutes ago, Waspy said:

After watching a few travel videos about North Korea, I did some research into the tour company that offers these trips. They're currently offering a tour which will take in the World Cup qualifier against Sri Lanka.

They also do Iraqi Kurdistan which I wouldn't mind doing.

https://www.youngpioneertours.com

Is that not to the tour Otto Wormbier (not sure of spelling) was on?

15 minutes ago, Waspy said:

You've just got to hope that Boris doesn't make up a wee poem about the Dear Leader while you're there.

There was a young fellow from Ankara,

Who was a terrific wankerer.

Till he sowed his wild oats,

With the help of a goat,

But he didn’t even stop to thankera

On 26/11/2019 at 16:32, Bishop Briggs said:

I look forward to reading your account of your holiday  in Somalia. 😎

Have flown over it in a commercial flight and it leaves you wondering who exactly is doing the air traffic control. Skirting North Korean airspace on an Aeroflot flight out of Seoul to Moscow is as close as I ever plan to get to the DPRK.