Countries nobody seems to go to

tarapoa

16 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

Anyone ever been to one of these places.....?

Paraguay

Uzbekistan

Central African Republic

Nauru

Guyana

If so, any good?

I know an Uzbek  from work and one of my mates stayed in Nauru when he was younger.

Other than that, no.

I’m friends with a family who are currently backpacking in Guyana. Their photos look fantastic - a nature-lover’s paradise. I really want to go.

Uzbekistan has been on my travel list for a wee while. And might get to go to CAR through my work at some point - would certainly be up for it if the chance came.

Edited by Adamski

I've always fancied Paraguay after studying them in History. Mental country whose first dictator closed the country completely after independence and then they lost 90% of their male population in a war with all their neighbours.

Another country (relatively) nobody goes to but is much talked about: North Korea. I've looked at it before just because of how fascinating it would be to visit.

2 hours ago, NotThePars said:

I've always fancied Paraguay after studying them in History. Mental country whose first dictator closed the country completely after independence and then they lost 90% of their male population in a war with all their neighbours.

Another country (relatively) nobody goes to but is much talked about: North Korea. I've looked at it before just because of how fascinating it would be to visit.

He had a man crush on Napoleon and declared war on Uruguay, Argentina and Brazil simultaneously.

Surprisingly he was winning for 3 months. If he had just picked one country to invade, Paraguay might have won.

27 minutes ago, ArabAuslander said:

He had a man crush on Napoleon and declared war on Uruguay, Argentina and Brazil simultaneously.

Surprisingly he was winning for 3 months. If he had just picked one country to invade, Paraguay might have won.

Man, I need to go back and listen to the rest of the Radio War Nerd episode. It sounds absolutely insane.

23 hours ago, tarapoa said:

Anyone ever been to one of these places.....?

Paraguay

Uzbekistan

Central African Republic

Nauru

Guyana

If so, any good?

I've been to Guyana back in 2002 when I traveled around Venezuela for 6 weeks. Albeit only for a day trip across the border and along the coast.

7 hours ago, The Gypsy King said:

Burkina Faso 

Mali

Ethiopia

Syria

Bermuda  

I had a stopover in Ethiopia en route to and from South Africa in 2001. Only viewed from the plane but was taken aback by the amount of lush, green agriculture in a Country normally associated with famine.

3 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Went to Syria around 2008. Damascus was fucking brilliant. Homs was not bad either.

Probably not so much these days tbf

Meant to do a tour of Syria and Lebanon for ages, especially Aleppo. Left it a bit late.

38 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Meant to do a tour of Syria and Lebanon for ages, especially Aleppo. Left it a bit late.

I never made it up as far as Aleppo (was with work) and was annoyed that I couldnt get to Beirut despite being only 60 miles from it.

Ah well, give it a 100 years or so.  

17 hours ago, NotThePars said:

I like that ratio!